Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

View Poll Results: Should partners of supersized people encourage them to lose weight?
Yes: even if they're healthy, it will make them healthier. 4 7.41%
Yes, but only if there is an associated illness that can be helped by weight loss. 10 18.52%
I would support whatever my partner decides: it's his/her body. 39 72.22%
No, because it is not true that losing weight can improve health. 4 7.41%
No, because I would not find my partner attractive if he/she were any thinner. 2 3.70%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default The FA/FFA Predicament Poll

Liz raised an interesting question: what do FA's actually think about whether the partners of supersized people should encourage them to lose weight? Let's find out!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"Encourage" perhaps not being the best choice of words, but I think that supporting someone who wants to or should lose weight on account of an ailment or issue that is exacerbated by their size is just the right thing to do. Respecting body autonomy and the wishes of the other person is vitally important here, and pressuring someone is going against that; but not supporting them is a selfish gesture, though support (or lack thereof) of methods is an entirely different matter altogether.
Old 12-03-2011, 03:54 PM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can't rep you, unfortunately, but this is the best summary of this position I've read.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Problem is...

Many people do not really understand what's at work in effectively encouraging someone, in general, to do anything. And, to some extent, it helps to understand some things, separately, both about the person and the mechanics of "encouragement." Of course, to add to this, none of it is undertaken in a vacuum; whatever existing dynamics that would ordinarily apply to that particular relationship, now become intertwined with this, so to speak. And this should serve to explain why some, at least initially, will tend to prefer to depend on the outside help of licensed and otherwise qualified professionals.
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:10 AM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I voted for the 'its their body...' option, but it doesn't quite catch how I feel. I would encourage anyone to take care of their health, including being active and eating a sensible diet. But I'd not push that too hard (again with anyone), and I'd accept that there is an element ofwhat we can mentally/emotionally do, as well as what we can physically do.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:28 AM   #6
Dusselchen

Dusselchen has said some nice things

If my partner wants to lose weight (and he does ) I feel like I have to accept it.
He knows about me being an FFA, he doesn't have health issues, but he doesn't feel attractive and can't understand that he is attractive for me.
So I won't stop him and I will support him, but I won't force anything- and he can eat whatever he wants without any "Aren't you on a diet?"-comments.

He is my partner, the man I love, but I don't own him. I can't force him to be someone or something he doesn't want to be, it's his life and his body.
Dusselchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
marbog2000

marbog2000 has said some nice things

The ideal Gauss curve...
marbog2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

The third choice.

In the end it is their choice and right to be the way they want to be. My opinion should have little to no bearing on that. If they want my help, then I would encourage them on their path, but I am not making the first move here.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #9
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I say that it's their choice. But if it were to actually affect their health, I'd help them if they decide to lose it. But again, it's their choice, since it's their body.
Old 12-08-2011, 08:32 PM   #10
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

The health presumption is a little flawed. I would be loathe to "encourage" someone to lose weight, but I would be supportive if it were necessary/happened involuntarily. A woman's body is her prerogative.

But this poll is a flawed, I think. Vaguely assuming that weight loss is the path away from a "certainly unhealthful" condition of ssbbwdom is problematically presumptuous in both diagnosis and prescription.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
Weirdo890

Weirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I support whatever decision my partner makes. It is his/her body. It is their decision. They must do what feels right for them.

"Conquer all, but one escapes
Govern all, but one dissents
Embark on genocide, and one shall rise to damn you."
- Jack Kirby "Hunger Dogs"

My YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU24ty301nY
Weirdo890 is offline   Reply With Quote