Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-19-2011, 04:51 PM   #26
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Years ago in a galaxy far away..okay not that long ago, I got a recipe here fot steel cut oats in a crock pot. I added dried apples, lots of walnuts and doubled the brown sugar and it is....good..worth waking up to..and my coffee of course!
Old 12-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #27
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had never considered crock pot oatmeal.

I must investigate further.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:52 PM   #28
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm a huge oatmeal fan, but by the time I'm done with it it's no longer the good for me breakfast the package promises.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:41 AM   #29
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Here's my SOP:

Before going to bed every night I load up the espresso machine and put a sauce pan on the stove with one cup of water and 1/4 cup of steel cut oats.

The next morning I hit the switch on the coffee maker and turn on the oats. (I'm not a morning person, so stumbling downstairs with my right index finger aimed at the coffee machine switch is about all I can manage.)

When the coffee is down, the oats are done: Eaten with salt, butter, maple sugar and a little half-and-half.

Yes, the hot/cold contrast is delightful.

- Jim
Old 12-22-2011, 03:10 PM   #30
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

McCann's Irish Oatmeal now comes in a quick-cooking form! I was a little leery of this, since my only previous experience with quick-cooking oats involved the rolled-oat variety. McCann's quick-cooking oats are steel-cut like their regular ones: they just cut them into smaller bits. But they still have the same slightly dense texture and the same nutty flavor; the only difference I can see is that they cook in five minutes!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:21 PM   #31
knottyknicky
Hips like Cinderella

knottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticedknottyknicky never has a post go unnoticed

Im so picky about oatmeal and up until a couple years ago, I couldn't touch it. The texture freaks me out after a few bites. Sometimes I love it, but sometimes its just too much. I love it when its cooled though, and layered with yogurt and fruit. NOM. I eat it like that warm too, with cold yogurt (not mixed in, just a little of each on the spoon, and sometimes I'll sprinkle granola or flaxseeds in for a little crunch. It has to be good oatmeal too, none of this rolled oats business. McCanns Irish Oats all the way!
knottyknicky is offline   Reply With Quote