Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge > 40s forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Question What Are You Into?

Keep it clean people, this is about your hobbies. Do you like concerts, WWE wrestling, travel, crafting, sports? Pictures welcome and encouraged.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #2
cinnamitch
nope

cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!cinnamitch keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like to read-on average I can read a book a day.

My first love has always been music. I was in choir in school, sang in VFW's and bars after high school. Back to back cases of strep throat put the singing career out of reach. I do still love music. There isn't much I won't listen to except metal. I love the music of the Fifties, older Country Music( from the 50's to mid 80's is a favorite) I even enjoy Rap. In my friends circle I am usually the go to person when it comes to music trivia.

cinnamitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #3
Zoom
Rogue

Zoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My hobby has always been, since I was about eight or nine, video games. Not just playing and enjoying them (formerly) in arcades and (currently) at home, but figuring out how they worked, the programming methods involved, system capabilities, and so on.

Coding games myself would have been a lot bigger in my hobby toolbox earlier, but for the fact that home computers pretty much sucked until about 1995, and I didn't get anything decent until 2001. I whiled away the previous fifteen years with an Apple II and then a 486.

Coding on old systems was a real hoot, though it's a rather slow way to learn how to code up to today's speed. All the younger whippersnappers who just got started will probably outpace me. (Note to self: Must finish hypnosis app that makes people dumber.)

Of the last four years, been coding in something called FreeBASIC, which is (IMHO) a lot more versatile than C++ and in many ways better.

Right now the race is on to see if I can finish my big huge epic RPG before the world comes to an end. Difficulty: There's two other projects in front of it.
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 07:42 AM   #4
Mayla

Mayla can now change their title

Let's see...I love reading and writing, definitely going to concerts (I like getting my indie on), and traveling. I also like gaming (online RPGs, MMPORGs, and back in the day tabletop gaming). I love reading and writing comic books as well (and I'm a Marvel girl through and through). I also like to sing, though I haven't been sung in a while.

I like going to unusual places, and old places with history and culture, love to go to quiet and out of the way places.

Been a Celtophile and Anglophile from way back, which was really unusual for an African American girl back in the 70s/80s (just sayin'). I've been to Ireland and the UK five or six times - and I miss it again. Might be time for another trip!
Mayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #5
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I love reading, like Cinnamitch, I could read a book a day. I also love needlecrafts. I recently taught myself how to make needle-tatted lace. I love cooking, swimming, sewing, goofing around on facebook, going to movies, or just sleeping. Always love sleeping. I could win an olympic gold medal at napping. I love travel, I wish I could afford to do more of it. I've been all over the US, but never outside it. Not even Canada!
Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 PM   #6
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I enjoy crushing other people's dreams. It takes a good amount of equipment and tracking to find their dreams, but when I do I take them in my iron grasp and crush them and rip them to shreads. My favorite part is rubbing the shattered pieces against my naked flesh as my victim wails in defeat.

and...

I like to read, watch movies, Anything made in the Whedonverse, I love video games, larping. My new favorite hobby is making wands. I am still in the process of learning the process.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:55 PM   #7
Dromond
spucatum tauri

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I liked your first answer better. It goes along with your propensity to play hulking brutes in role play games.
Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I liked your first answer better. It goes along with your propensity to play hulking brutes in role play games.
I like to crush my enemies and see them driven before me oh and to hear the lamentations of their women.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:16 AM   #9
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

What am I into? Well...I work as a reference librarian, so obviously I like reading.

I like to write and I've been published a few times.

I'm a history nerd. I like comic books. I like drawing. I like photography...I've been teaching myself the digital camera recently. I like teaching computer classes at work. I'm beginning to role play a bit. I like languages. I'm pretty good at spanish, not bad with french and italian, dabbling in german and working on japanese...I guess I just like keeping the mind occupied and learning new things.

Dennis

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:06 PM   #10
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm into collecting obsolete electronic games and hardware. I have alot of Iomega's storage devices. (Iomega was/is famous for developing new products that are three years too late.)

I try to keep up with the latest and greatest in programming languages. That also means that I tend to collect books that quickly become obsolete. (kinda like phone books, but even Mythbusters found a use for them..)

I collect 60s/70s era soda bottles, specializing in bottles that are marked Sugar Free and/or celebrate the Bicentennial.

I also collect cookbooks, but I don't think that comes as a surprise to anyone.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am more of a creative person than anything else. I do all sorts of crafting including painting ceramics, sewing, crochet, making Christmas ornaments, to scrap-booking. I love scrap-booking but haven't really had a lot of money to invest in that hobby. I keep journals, like to write and have written many stories that I am afraid to share with anyone for fear they are no good. I LOVE to bake but hate to cook, figure that one out!

I love photography but I am as amateur as they come. I am happy if the photo comes in focus. I'd love to learn more about it and practice...and someday when I can afford it better, I will.

I enjoy reading. and my reading tastes range from Chicken soup for the soul books to self help, to love stories and much more. I do read the bible. It is not uncommon for me to pass by a comedy on TV and watch something on the history channel instead.

I love hanging out with friends, dancing and just mingling and catching up on what's been going on in our lives. I love writing letters and have had a pen pal for 30 years (we have used both snail mail and e-mail and have decided that snail mail is the way to go because it's always lovely to g et a letter in the mail).

Kids for some reason are drawn to me and so I have learned to become a kid again. It's not uncommon to see me playing Barbie or the game operation with my niece.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I'm into collecting obsolete electronic games and hardware. I have alot of Iomega's storage devices. (Iomega was/is famous for developing new products that are three years too late.)

I try to keep up with the latest and greatest in programming languages. That also means that I tend to collect books that quickly become obsolete. (kinda like phone books, but even Mythbusters found a use for them..)

I collect 60s/70s era soda bottles, specializing in bottles that are marked Sugar Free and/or celebrate the Bicentennial.

I also collect cookbooks, but I don't think that comes as a surprise to anyone.
I never thought you were cool until now.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #13
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm into video games. I'm also into all sorts of codecs and signalling protocols. Comic books, movies of the geek variety and stuff like that are also my interests. Isaac Asimov, Stephen King, Orson Scott Card and Terry Brooks are my favorite authors. These usually aren't awesome conversation starters.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:52 PM   #14
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack27 View Post
I'm into video games. I'm also into all sorts of codecs and signalling protocols. Comic books, movies of the geek variety and stuff like that are also my interests. Isaac Asimov, Stephen King, Orson Scott Card and Terry Brooks are my favorite authors. These usually aren't awesome conversation starters.
I have a collection of his hardbound first print editions, including a signed copy of Folk of the Fringe**. I will not read the hardbound books, rather I will buy paperbacks and read those to death.

**I took the cover off so it wouldn't get creased/damaged/torn/dirty/etc. I waited in line for a couple hours. When I got to the front, Orson took the book from me and asked where the cover was. When I told him, he stood up, and told everyone still standing in line that I was one of those collectors that worried more about the cover than the book.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:59 PM   #15
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

I like to say I'm into "paint, paste, and pound." Watercolors, oils, craft, metalsmithing have all made appearances in my life, along with knitting, baking (I'm just now adding cooking), photography, astronomy and other earth science geekery. I write, read, watch nature stuff on TV with some reality to balance it out. Game nights! I do calligraphy, sing opera, and organizing bookcases brings me secret glee. I love glass, wood and stone, and have collected more than a smattering of decent gargoyles and tapestries... though I like more modern lines for everything else. I could go on, but you get the idea.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #16
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My name is Mishe and I'm a scrapbooker.
It's my passion and obsession. It allows me to be creative but leaves me poor. I "collect" scrapbook paper, tools and everything else that goes with it.
I also read, fart around online and watch a lot of TV.
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:13 PM   #17
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post
My name is Mishe and I'm a scrapbooker.
It's my passion and obsession. It allows me to be creative but leaves me poor. I "collect" scrapbook paper, tools and everything else that goes with it.
I also read, fart around online and watch a lot of TV.
*stands up, clears throat and says...*
I am Terri, I am a scrap-booker. It is my obsession. I collect scrapbook paper and hate to use it cos it's so pretty, I get tools for my birthday and Christmas from people who love me...and I use them EVERYDAY.

I collect recipes...any kind. If they look like I can make them,I print them out. I have enough recipes to last me a lifetime but don't plan to stop collecting them and admire the new ones. I also have developed an interest in photo editing and making digital books online--my newest is a family cook book that will most likely never be finished nor printed cos I haven't the money to pay for it. I love writing short stories, I love baking but hate cooking (figure that one out). I am infatuated with making my timeline on facebook to be accurate, and my newest obsessions are pinterest and tastespotting.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
adam

adam can now change their title

I'm a theoretical under achiever. If I'm not working myself into an early grave I like to do absolutely nothing, cause I'm tired, from working so hard. I like to think about doing nothing while I'm working hard.

Nothing is mostly watching movies, eating nachos, or whatever, and enjoying a nice cold beverage. Seems I have nothing better to do, hence I also think about unattainable dreams every so often, and having no purpose in life. I really enjoy that
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
LifeInFL

LifeInFL has said some nice things

I'm a photography enthusiast, I have loved it for years. People, architecture, landscapes, I'll photograph about anything or anyone.

Also love music - the CD is my preferred format, and I'm trying to build up my collection before digital completely takes over.
LifeInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #20
Stefanydiwilmette

Stefanydiwilmette has said some nice things

I like painting and sculpting. I'm a Yankee Civil War reenactor. I like to target shoot blackpowder victorian guns for sport. I collect toy soldiers, art books and old Rock and R&B 45 rpm records. I adore dogs.
Stefanydiwilmette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
Stefanydiwilmette

Stefanydiwilmette has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayla View Post
Let's see...I love reading and writing, definitely going to concerts (I like getting my indie on), and traveling. I also like gaming (online RPGs, MMPORGs, and back in the day tabletop gaming). I love reading and writing comic books as well (and I'm a Marvel girl through and through). I also like to sing, though I haven't been sung in a while.

I like going to unusual places, and old places with history and culture, love to go to quiet and out of the way places.

Been a Celtophile and Anglophile from way back, which was really unusual for an African American girl back in the 70s/80s (just sayin'). I've been to Ireland and the UK five or six times - and I miss it again. Might be time for another trip!
You sound pretty cool.
Stefanydiwilmette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #22
Durin

Durin can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDurin can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Well there is this pen and paper RPG club my buddy and I are trying to get off the ground.

My hobbies have been raising kids, Pathfinder on Monday's , Wow on Thursday's,church on Sundays

And as much lazing, cigar smoking and reading I can fit in between
Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #23
fat hiker
Master Member

fat hiker knows EXACTLY what's going onfat hiker knows EXACTLY what's going onfat hiker knows EXACTLY what's going onfat hiker knows EXACTLY what's going onfat hiker knows EXACTLY what's going on

Wow, what a bunch we are.

Hmm, I'm into gardening, history, travel, model railways, Scouts (15 years a Scout leader), camping, hiking, the outdoors, and now looking after our 'new to us' 21 year old VW Westfalia camper (practically a part-time job all by itself!).
Old 08-03-2012, 02:43 PM   #24
LifeInFL

LifeInFL has said some nice things

Very interesting to learn of everyone's diverse hobbies. I'm a photography enthusiast. Also listen to music constantly, primarily jazz.
LifeInFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
jen68

jen68 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I love music. I enjoy going out and checking out the local music scene. I love metal and rock music. I guess you could say im a groupie lol