Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #51
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye23 View Post
Mine went out today Smithnwesson, I didn't have time to take pictures on this end and make it to the post office before it closed. But since you take such nice photos I figured you can take a few. Your cookies are delish by the way, I let myself have one after I got yours in the mail. I really like how the raisins and icing compliment the pumpkin spice cookies. Sorry yours won't make it to you till Monday or Tuesday but I ended up having to go to a funeral yesterday and couldn't get to the PO till today.

You can look forward to 4 of the 5 kinds of candy we make and sell at local craft shows - Dark & White Peppermint Bark with crushed candy canes, Tastes like More Bark (chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, pretzel), and Coffee Toffee. I also made you some Pecan & Cashew Rolo Pretzel "Bombs", some of my famous Chex Mix, and 1 of my home-made mini fruitcakes. I hope you enjoy them all when they arrive!
Holy crap! How lucky can a guy get, to draw a partner who is a professional baker?

Center - Fruit (cup) cake. It was too pretty to unwrap before the photo. (I'll be finding out real soon. . .)
2 O'Clock - Chex mix.
4 O'Clock - Dark and white peppermint bark.
8 O'Clock - Pecan and cashew Rolo 'bombs'. (my favoritest)
10 O'Clock - Coffee-Toffee Bark.

Thank you Skye. I've sampled one of everything and they're awesome, just awesome.

Several folks have asked for the pumpkin cookie recipe. My girl friend is it's keeper and I'll post it as soon as she gives it to me -- along with the story that goes with them.

- Jim
Old 12-28-2011, 03:22 AM   #52
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

If you or your girlfriend (or anybody else) is so inclined - I'll share the recipes for the Fruitcake, Rolo Bombs (no secret there, its on the back of the bag of candy lol), and Deluxe Chex Mix. Regretfully the Bark recipes are a trade secret since I sell them at craft shows and online etc. Although I will say that I use only natural peppermint oil in the peppermint barks and it makes ALL the difference. I really wanted to have time to bake you some cookies too, I used to win baking competitions back in the day. But between the last minute candy orders and the funeral it just didn't happen and I figured I was late enough as it was. So glad you liked them!!
Old 12-30-2011, 11:21 AM   #53
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm glad that I at least got to participate as a sender!

I hope everyone had fun and can't wait to do it again next year!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:47 PM   #54
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Since my oven broke and my recipient won't accept anything now, I won't be participating again because of the incident.

Since I didn't get to post mine, and people did share recipes, I'll post the cake I was going to bake:

Chocolate Chip Snack Cake:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons canola oil (I have an older version of the recipe that just uses regular vegetable oil)
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use a whole bag)

Heat oven to 350F. In ungreased 9x5-inch loaf pan, mix flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt with fork. Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired. Never have)

Last edited by Deven; 12-30-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Deven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #55
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevenDoom View Post
Since my oven broke and my recipient won't accept anything now, I won't be participating again because of the incident.

Since I didn't get to post mine, and people did share recipes, I'll post the cake I was going to bake:

Chocolate Chip Snack Cake:

3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons canola oil (I have an older version of the recipe that just uses regular vegetable oil)
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use a whole bag)

Heat oven to 350F. In ungreased 9x5-inch loaf pan, mix flour, brown sugar, baking soda and salt with fork. Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar (if desired. Never have)
... Homina Homina Homina ...

Edited to Add: Holy Crap on a Cracker Batman! I'm out of Rep!
Old 12-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #56
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Sounds delish! I'd have loved to get that, on time, late, anytime!
Old 01-01-2012, 07:41 PM   #57
ButlerGirl09
Sugar Magnolia

ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I received some delicious goodies from Robin the other day! I've been busy so I hadn't had a chance to pop in and say so. I'll post the pictures of the things she sent soon!