Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-01-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Burlesque

I'm not sure I have the rhythm or dexterity for it, but after watching VaVa Vunderbust's video, it makes me want to give it a go. I love the confidence and sass she has here. Has anyone here given it a go?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #2
b01

b01 does more than just post hot picsb01 does more than just post hot picsb01 does more than just post hot pics

Old 11-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
ButlerGirl09
Sugar Magnolia

ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ButlerGirl09 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I'm not sure I have the rhythm or dexterity for it, but after watching VaVa Vunderbust's video, it makes me want to give it a go. I love the confidence and sass she has here. Has anyone here given it a go?
I haven't ever given it a go, but I'd love to! It's definitely up my alley.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #4
randomjenerator
Mind the Lexical Gap

randomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized reprandomjenerator has super-sized rep

I haven't, but a woman that does local belly dance that includes women of all sizes just started a Burlesque company and I'm really tempted. I took dance for 15 years and I think it would be really fun!
randomjenerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:16 AM   #5
succubus_dxb
Badonk. Adonk.

succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!succubus_dxb has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've always loved burlesque, and there's quite a bit scene for it here in Melbourne, but I'd be afraid to make a fool of myself though! Would love to have that confidence!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
tinkerbell

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'd love to do something like this, but I have NO rhythm at all. It would be fun though!
Old 11-14-2011, 01:55 PM   #7
Lovethebbw

Lovethebbw has said some nice things

You should give it a go...you have nothing to lose
Lovethebbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:29 PM   #8
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovethebbw View Post
You should give it a go...you have nothing to lose
Except my balance!
Old 11-14-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
sgageny

sgageny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessgageny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Are there any places in brisbane that offer classes that youve scoped out already?

I'd be very interested to join one. May have to dust off my googling skills
sgageny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 03:25 AM   #10
penguin
Fnord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgageny View Post
Are there any places in brisbane that offer classes that youve scoped out already?

I'd be very interested to join one. May have to dust off my googling skills
I haven't gone that far as yet. I do have some friends who take belly dancing classes, which I've thought about taking, but I don't drive so getting to and from them might prove difficult.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #11
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'd like to suggest : http://YouTube.com/BurlyQ

They have a lot of plus size Burlesque dancers and they're really good. They made me want to try it out
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
AppreSheAte

AppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAppreSheAte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Amazing

Came across burlesque on youtube with several very voluptuous women performing and have to admit I was enthralled, mesmerized, and captivated. lol, does that cover it all?

Really fun, sexy, and really in terms of a lot of today's entertainment almost what I'd call wholesome.

Wish there was a show nearby, I'd go. Looks like the closest is about 800 miles away in Austin. Ginger Snaps is one of their stars and she's pretty spectacular from what I could see on youtube.

If any of you gals give it a go, give me a shout. I'd love to come to an opening night!

Well, thanks for starting this tread Penquin!
AppreSheAte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:24 PM   #13
SuzyQutsy

SuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized rep
Default My Hubby play'n it so I can shake it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw2ziOkpp8U

I have been working on some burlesque type moves, I am limited because I cannot stand for long periods, that's why I'm working on a routine where I am sitting. I need the exercize and this is fun and allows me to move around despite my limitations . Please if you have suggestions about things I can do to add to my "Chair Dancing Burlesque", make them. Also it would be cool to see other women putting up amateur performances we could learn from each other and build each other's confidence.
SuzyQutsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #14
SuzyQutsy

SuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized repSuzyQutsy has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQutsy View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw2ziOkpp8U

I have been working on some burlesque type moves, I am limited because I cannot stand for long periods, that's why I'm working on a routine where I am sitting. I need the exercize and this is fun and allows me to move around despite my limitations . Please if you have suggestions about things I can do to add to my "Chair Dancing Burlesque", make them. Also it would be cool to see other women putting up amateur performances we could learn from each other and build each other's confidence.
Be gentle this was my first attempt,lol
Old 01-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #15
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQutsy View Post
Be gentle this was my first attempt,lol
Cute & Playful!
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #16
SuzyQutsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlayna View Post
Cute & Playful!
Hey Thanks