Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge > 30s forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
AmyJo1976
Big small town KY girl

AmyJo1976 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAmyJo1976 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Fat and Happy in their 30s

How many have become fat and happy in their 30s. I struggled with it for a long time after 30, but now I am finally accepting myself and enjoying it Thanks mostly to this forum and the lovely people here.

AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
lovelylady78
Hopeless romantic

lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!
lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
How many have become fat and happy in their 30s. I struggled with it for a long time after 30, but now I am finally accepting myself and enjoying it Thanks mostly to this forum and the lovely people here.
This is a two-fold answer because I've always been fat. And I've mostly always been happy. But I feel like up until my 30s I was sort of happy despite my fat. Well, not really despite it...I just sort of ignored it. I've never felt fat, so I really only had to deal with fat when I was shopping for clothes or looking into a mirror. Now I'm happy. Altogether. Fat and all. I've really found that I've come into my own the last few years. And I think it's because I've stopped ignoring it, dealt with all of my bottled up feelings, and I've accepted myself completely.

I'm definitely fat and happy in my 30s. These have been my best years by far.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
fat9276
b and mau mau

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.
fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If you specifically mean happy about my body in my 30's then yes...

I ride a fine line between confidence and arrogance now (but I have other "flaws" to keep me humble haha)
Old 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #4
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.
penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm fat and have been pretty much all my life. I'm at a point where I'm happy with myself again and plan to focus more on health than numbers. I don't want to stay at this weight, but I know I'll never be a size 10 and I don't aspire to be that. I'd rather find a weight my body is happiest at and easiest to maintain.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
AmyJo1976
Big small town KY girl

AmyJo1976 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAmyJo1976 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
I'm fat and have been pretty much all my life. I'm at a point where I'm happy with myself again and plan to focus more on health than numbers. I don't want to stay at this weight, but I know I'll never be a size 10 and I don't aspire to be that. I'd rather find a weight my body is happiest at and easiest to maintain.
Oh don't worry about being a size ten. I've been small"er" most of my life and now, looking back, I feel like I've wasted a lot of time trying to be that "girl in the magazine". Now I just enjoy myself and what makes me happy. To my suprise, it has definitely been better than I imagined. In the end, that's all that really matters right?
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
LeoGibson
Whiskey Bent

LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!LeoGibson keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
Oh don't worry about being a size ten. I've been small"er" most of my life and now, looking back, I feel like I've wasted a lot of time trying to be that "girl in the magazine". Now I just enjoy myself and what makes me happy. To my suprise, it has definitely been better than I imagined. In the end, that's all that really matters right?
I completely agree. You need to do the things that make you happy. That is what matters most.

I know I'm not female and I'll never know firsthand the double standard that y'all have to deal with, but the way I look at it, you can be the "girl" in the magazine and look exactly like her and even have on the same outfit. Even with all that, half the people will still find fault with you because you're not blonde, or redheaded, or you don't have green eyes or blue.

The bottom line is that there is always someone out there that's gonna hate on you for something, religion, skin color, sexual orientation, the car you drive, the house you live in etc. etc.

The thing I have learned in this journey is that people only have the power over you that you give them. The only people whose opinion matters are those in your inner circle. Anyone else can go shit in their hat for all I care.

When confronted on anything by anyone that is not in that inner group, I just reserve my well practiced look of disdain mixed with incredulity. Kind of like the face you would make if a lump of dog excrement all of a sudden started talking and decided to insult you. That is usually followed by a hearty laugh at their expense as everyone has something they are insecure about, horse teeth, or moles, or being old and hump backed (hey, assholes get old too you know, they're not all nice old people). Then I go on about my business and don't much give them another thought. I prefer to focus my energies on those that I love and that love me.

I felt this way to an extent when I was younger, but I did have more bouts of insecurity on occasion than I do now. I almost never feel insecure now. Something switched off for me in my early 30's that started me down the road of not caring about the thoughts of people that do not matter to me. So in answer yes I'm fat and happy in my 30's, although I have been varying levels of fat all my life size depending on my activities at any given time, i.e. sports or weight training. I guess I have always been kind of an asshole my whole life, but I have really been coming into my own at it starting in my mid 30's. That makes it easier to have this outlook on life.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #7
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't get that small anyway, given how wide my shoulders and hips are. It's not a goal of mine to be thin, but to be at the weight my body feels most comfortable at. My happiness isn't going to be dependant on a number on the scale or clothes tags. Being able to look at myself and find myself beautiful and sexy is far more important than some random person on the street approving or disapproving of me.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #8
vinarian
Crazy Person

vinarian can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

If you're fat and happy, can I call you fappy, cause that would make me giggle...

Of course then I would be fat and happy as well, and I don't know if I would really be happy being called fappy...

And then I wouldn't be happy anymore...

but I still think fappy would be a funny nickname...

I think I need a beer...
Old 01-03-2012, 12:49 AM   #9
penguin
Fnord

If you're fappy, I'm going to think you masturbate a lot My daughter called me wobblous - wobbly and fabulous. I think I'll stick with that
Old 01-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #10
Grundsau 11
pennagrundsau

Grundsau 11 can now change their title

Quote:
If you're fappy, I'm going to think you masturbate a lot My daughter called me wobblous - wobbly and fabulous. I think I'll stick with that
Wobbulous...a new word that could of been coined by Lewis Carroll, or (even better yet), Edward Lear!
No idea how old your daughter was when she coined it, but it sure shows that she's both quite literate and possessor of a great imagination...also, she surely is familiar with the great Doctor Seuss...good job.
Grundsau 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:54 PM   #11
penguin
Fnord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundsau 11 View Post
Wobbulous...a new word that could of been coined by Lewis Carroll, or (even better yet), Edward Lear!
No idea how old your daughter was when she coined it, but it sure shows that she's both quite literate and possessor of a great imagination...also, she surely is familiar with the great Doctor Seuss...good job.
She's only four (five in April), and she came up with it a few months ago.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
She's only four (five in April), and she came up with it a few months ago.
wish we could rep Penguin's kid
Old 01-18-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
lovelylady78
Hopeless romantic

lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!
lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!lovelylady78 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggletiger View Post
That kid's amazing. If I could have given her rep for everything she's said that I "liked" on Facebook, she'd have way more rep than me.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #14
penguin
Fnord

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuggletiger View Post
You can rep me and I'll pass it on to her

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylady78 View Post
That kid's amazing. If I could have given her rep for everything she's said that I "liked" on Facebook, she'd have way more rep than me.
Ha! I could start an "Amie-isms" thread just to collect rep, but I'm not quite that rep hungry
Old 01-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #15
BBW MeganLynn44DD
Fat N' Fluffy

BBW MeganLynn44DD carries a lot of weight on this boardBBW MeganLynn44DD carries a lot of weight on this boardBBW MeganLynn44DD carries a lot of weight on this boardBBW MeganLynn44DD carries a lot of weight on this board
Talking

In college I began to gain,fat and so happy as a plus size woman.Been on both ends of the size chart and as a size 22\24 sometimes larger very happy.Hubby is also happy with the curves and never discourages dessert or seconds at dinner time!
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #16
lottapounds
happy mutant

lottapounds can now change their title

I turned 30 this summer and i have been happier than ever with most aspects of my life. I have started to reclaim the wild parts of myself and have been thinking of turning 30 as a rebirth. Plus, i read that women have more orgasms in their 30s than any other time in their life, which makes it hard not to be happy
lottapounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #17
Tracii
Master Member

Tracii makes people happy simply by logging inTracii makes people happy simply by logging inTracii makes people happy simply by logging inTracii makes people happy simply by logging inTracii makes people happy simply by logging inTracii makes people happy simply by logging inTracii makes people happy simply by logging in

I gained a lot of weight in my 30's and thats what I wanted.
I'm fine with it, way too close to my 40's I'm starting to freak out.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:50 AM   #18
fluffyandcute

fluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized repfluffyandcute has super-sized rep

The 30's have been my best years I have been at my highest weight so far. Loving life and living it to the fullest
Old 02-10-2012, 12:10 AM   #19
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Fat and Focused

Anyone else got laser-like focus and a can-do bitchtastic attitude in their 30's? Or is it just me? I finally have the strength to give up relationships that I know are fruitless, I have a job that I love which is deeply satisfying and has room for advancement, and I can stop loitering around the edges of groups I'll never fit into. I have preferences that I'm not afraid to acknowledge (this is a big step for me) and I'm finally free enough to just shrug off bullshit that I would normally obsess over. I'm kind of trippin over it all at the moment, but you know what? I don't care. I wouldn't say I'm happy (I have waaay too much I need to do) but this may be as close to mentally healthy as I get.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:45 AM   #20
BBW4Chattery

BBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 clubBBW4Chattery is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelocs View Post
Anyone else got laser-like focus and a can-do bitchtastic attitude in their 30's? Or is it just me? I finally have the strength to give up relationships that I know are fruitless, I have a job that I love which is deeply satisfying and has room for advancement, and I can stop loitering around the edges of groups I'll never fit into. I have preferences that I'm not afraid to acknowledge (this is a big step for me) and I'm finally free enough to just shrug off bullshit that I would normally obsess over. I'm kind of trippin over it all at the moment, but you know what? I don't care. I wouldn't say I'm happy (I have waaay too much I need to do) but this may be as close to mentally healthy as I get.
Um, yup. Totally me...and glad you're there with me.

I turned 33 in Jan and this past year I...
  • moved 2600 miles
  • let my license expire in my career field
  • began a new graduate program in a new career field
  • got serious about my boundaries with family/friends
  • started caring more about things where I can help myself and others and gave up caring about stuff I can't help...
BBW4Chattery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #21
tinkerbell
Master Member

tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tinkerbell has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It seems like I've always been fat, or at least have been since I was like 13 or something.

Anyway, my self love and happiness started in my late 20s, and has continued and grown as I've moved into my 30s I turn 31 in June, and so far, my 30s have been pretty awesome. And while I have lost weight, and continue to do so, I'm still fat, and I'll never be skinny, nor do I aspire to be skinny.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #22
Lizzie

Lizzie can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm learning to be fat and happy. (Well, happy anyway. I've always been fat). I'm learning to set health and fitness goals that don't involve losing weight...if weight loss happens, that's fine, but I really just want to be the healthiest Lizzie possible. And partially through this board, learning to love the woman in the mirror and see her best features. So...not there yet, but well on the way to fat-happiness!
Lizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #23
april celeste

april celeste can now change their title

I've always been fat - ever since I can remember - and have steadily grown over the years.

Im not unhappy with me - far from it - Im a warm, loving, honest person - but what I find hard to deal with is other people that judge me as I walk down the street or assume that they know the reason that I am in the Dr's waiting room (dodgy toenail!!) - that is what makes me sad.

I have spent years and years wishing I was a lot smaller - but more recently have realised that I have spent precious time wishing for something that will not make me any happier - I am who I am - wobbles and all!!
april celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #24
curlyrachel

curlyrachel can now change their title

only in the past few months have i really started to actually WORK on my crappy self-esteem and body image. it's incredible the progress that has been made in just a few months. i'm going out tomorrow night, to a club, with wonderful dear old friends and i KNOW that i am going to look good.

first, the fact that i'm going out at all is amazing. for many years, i have let my weight convince me that people were judging me, or that i was disgusting. and i let that keep me from going out and enjoying time with people i love in public.

second, the fact that i know i am going to look good! not just "oh i'll ignore it" or "i'll do my best" but, "i'm gonna look good." wow.

if this is how getting older works, bring it on. i have a feeling 37 may be the best year of my life so far.
curlyrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:15 PM   #25
bigcutiebrooke

bigcutiebrooke can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesbigcutiebrooke can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundsau 11 View Post
I love it!!!

bigcutiebrooke is offline   Reply With Quote