Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-24-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Chocolate chip cookies

Do you have a special recipe, or do you just use the recipe on the bag of chocolate chips?

I made choco-chip cookies tonight, and modified the recipe on the bag of Ghirardelli's chocolate chips. Best batch of cookies I've ever made.

Original recipe:

10 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips
1 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup(s) sugar
3/4 cup(s) brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoon(s) vanilla
2 1/4 cup(s) unsifted flour
1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1 cup(s) walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)

My modifications (bolded)

12 ounce(s) 60% Cacao Chocolate Chips*
1 cup(s) butter or margarine, softened
1/2 cup(s) sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed

2 large eggs
3 teaspoon(s) vanilla
2 1/4 cup(s) unsifted flour
1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
1 cup(s) walnuts or pecans, chopped (optional)

*You'll need to buy two bags of chocolate chips, as the 60% Cacao chips only come in 10 oz. size. The remainder of the second bag can be saved for other batches of cookies, or eaten as tasty snacks.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I will dig mine out later it comes from cooking with Korma and it a peacan choc chip one, I usually leave out the buttermilk though just to darn expensive over here for a tablespoon or two, they are buttery and light and also work well with m&m's or smarties
Old 01-24-2012, 12:06 PM   #3
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

While ingredients are of course super important, I would say the best advice I ever got in terms of chocolate chip cookies (and most cookies, really) is to UNDERBAKE them. Like to bake them a couple minutes less than the instructions say.

WAY better. (Of course, I guess if you like super hard crispy cookies, you'd disagree!)
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I always underbake them a bit. I love soft and gooey cookies.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:21 PM   #5
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I always underbake them a bit. I love soft and gooey cookies.
I underbake them so much that sometimes the dough doesn't even make it to the oven at all!

I don't think I've ever bought a package of cookie dough that's ever made it to the oven
Old 01-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
Dromond
Old school

I'm a little leery about raw egg, but I do sneak bits of dough while I'm baking the cookies. The temptation is too much to resist.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #7
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Recipe? That is so cute. Mine come in a tube lol
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #8
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I modify the recipe and usually make half a batch so I don't have to buy two bags of chocolate chips. I also underbake them and use a Silpat mat so the chocolate doesn't burn on the bottom. I admit, I'm a purist when it comes to certain things, and this is one of them.

16 oz. Guittard milk chocolate chips (maybe more; it couldn't hurt)
1 c. butter (never margarine)
3/4 c. sugar (if I have it, I mill Sugar in the Raw in the blender)
3/4 c. brown sugar, packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla (imported, Mexican; this is important)
2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. (sea) salt
1 c. pecans, chopped

Last edited by one2one; 01-30-2012 at 08:17 PM.
one2one is offline   Reply With Quote