Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 02-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #1
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Ellen & JCP

Yay, JCP! To their credit they appear committed to standing by their partnership for the long haul.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1247657.html

Ellen DeGeneres' JC Penney Partnership Slammed By Anti-Gay Group One Million Moms

First Posted: 02/ 1/2012 3:16 pm Updated: 02/ 1/2012 4:33 pm

Ellen DeGeneres' new gig as a spokeswoman for JC Penney is just one component in the retail brand's planned makeover, but not everyone is thrilled by the choice.

OneMillionMoms.com, a division of the American Family Association, is now calling for DeGeneres to be replaced by the Texas-based chain because she is a lesbian, Towleroad and other media outlets are reporting.

"Funny that JC Penney thinks hiring an open homosexual spokesperson will help their business when most of their customers are traditional families," the group writes on its website. "DeGeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there. The small percentage of customers they are attempting to satisfy will not offset their loss in sales."

The group's statement concludes: "By jumping on the pro-gay bandwagon, JC Penney is attempting to gain a new target market and in the process will lose customers with traditional values that have been faithful to them over all these years."

Interestingly, comments on the group's Facebook page indicate that not everyone is upset over DeGeneres' new role. "I certainly don't agree with Ellen's lifestyle," one user wrote. "However, I won't stop shopping at [JC Penney] just because she's the spokesperson. That's so silly."

Wrote another: "Being gay is only a part of who she is. Her comedy is not mean but it can still bring you to tears with laughter. She is generous with her blessings and is modest in her dress and behavior. She does not hide who she truly is. If these are traits to be judged poorly by, I am done."

The company's CEO, former Apple executive Ron Johnson, explained why the company chose Degeneres to the Associated Press. "I think Ellen is someone we all trust. She's lovable, likable, honest and funny, but at her soul, we trust her," he said. So far, Johnson and other officials for the retail chain have yet to comment on the protests.

Meanwhile, DeGeneres, who reportedly worked at a Louisiana-based JC Penney in the 1970s, said she was excited to be back. "They have an incredible vision for the future and are completely re-inventing themselves to become America's favorite store," she said in a statement. "And most importantly, I'm gonna get my employee discount again. Hello new pillows!"
Old 02-02-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
willowmoon
Don't Panic!

willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
The group's statement concludes: "By jumping on the pro-gay bandwagon, JC Penney is attempting to gain a new target market and in the process will lose customers with traditional values that have been faithful to them over all these years."
I think this is what is the most disturbing thing right here from that group, the whole "pro-gay bandwagon" statement. As if to say, this is the flavor-of-the-month trend, to be pro-gay .... so, as a business, let's capitalize on this particular segment of the population for increased sales because that'll save the company.

I don't look at JCPenney hiring her as their spokeswoman at all really hinged on her being a lesbian. She's very popular with many people, regardless of their own sexual orientation. To focus on only this one aspect of who she is and to say that is the reason she was chosen is, to me, very narrow-minded. How about that's she likable and seems pretty down-to-earth? Isn't THAT the type of person you would want to reflect your brand?
willowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yes, Ellen has an extremely high Q rating (popularity) among nearly all demographics. The Dozen Angry Mothers or whatever they're called just want to make her sexuality an issue to forward their homophobic agenda. It's hate speech, pure and simple. Thankfully JCP is taking the high road and ignoring the haters.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #4
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I find that jcp has the best option for clothes in my size, in my style, at my price, so I am glad to see a fellow butch-ish famous person is a spokesperson for the place that keeps me in slacks and button downs.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowmoon View Post
I don't look at JCPenney hiring her as their spokeswoman at all really hinged on her being a lesbian. She's very popular with many people, regardless of their own sexual orientation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Yes, Ellen has an extremely high Q rating (popularity) among nearly all demographics.
My homophobic grandmother adores the living crap out of Ellen, and she thinks her wife is beautiful. That speaks volumes about Ellen.

I, myself, have never really shopped at JCP. I went to try on prom dresses there, at the store in King of Prussia, and wasn't impressed with price.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Any time an organization refuses to acknowledge the rantings of a group of idiotic freaks like those, I am pleased.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EvilPrincess has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I listen to a lot of Out-Q radio on Sirius-XM - There was a lot of talk and suggestions made on how to support JCP. Two ideas that came across as easy to do and could make an impact. The first is to call their customer service department and tell them you support their decision about Ellen. JCP is known for taking their Cus Serv feedback very seriously. The second is of course shopping. Ellen was quoted about being excited about getting her employee discount back (working there way in her past) she was going to go buy pillows. I am a pillow person and I suggest trying out the pillow JCP carries call "The Hunk" it says on the package it is for side sleepers and had blue and white stripes on the cover. Best pillow in the world. My house guests always ask who makes the pillows and I have had many go and buy them for their houses. Put the lavender money where it counts. Socks, underwear, and household goods can be bought there easily without spending much if anymore than anywhere else. Viva JCP and the Hunk Pillow!
EvilPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This is a bit of a tangent. A couple of weeks ago on "Parks & Recreation," the character Jim was wearing a sweater vest that was blue, with a white and green argyle pattern. I have the exact same sweater vest, & I bought it at JC Penney. I LOLed quite a bit at this.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #9
Ernest Nagel
is old

If you ever have a chance to shop at a JCP Outlet Center make the time. Great bargains, especially on end of season clearance stuff. JCP is HQ'd here in Plano, TX so their Grapevine Mills outlet is usually really well stocked.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #10
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Howard Stern defends Ellen and gay marriage.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #11
willowmoon
Don't Panic!

willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!willowmoon has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevenDoom View Post
Thank you for posting this link, very interesting to listen to!
willowmoon is offline   Reply With Quote