Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #7851
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default What am I eating?

Chinese take-away, with a BIG glass of red wine. In bed. Because I can.

Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #7852
GTAFA
Master Member

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed
Default secretly pigging out

It's sort of a secret, which is why i post here rather than tell family / friends.

Last fall my daughter bought assorted delicacies as a thank you to my brother & sister in law: who said thank you but were a bit afraid to try a bow-tie pasta made partially from squid. I was sworn to secrecy, lest it seem they were ungrateful. Eventually i will probably spill the beans, but for now my sister in law doesn't want my daughter to know who actually accepted her lovely & and decidedly unorthodox gift (how nice that i benefit from the conservative palettes of my sister in law & bro).

Ha... so tonight, an experiment:
  • blanched broccoli, cut small
  • the aforementioned pasta, seriously al dente
  • chopped anchovies (they've been sitting in a jar awaiting their fate)
  • slivered almonds
  • extra virgin olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
  • chopped dill
  • a bit of parmesan cheese
I was prepared to melt mozzarella over top if it wasn't awesome... but i don't want to mask anything. It turned out better than i dared hope.

I am halfway through the first portion. There are 3 or 4 equivalent size portions left, sigh... I will eat more tonight, probably the rest...!

I am now pouring some white wine to see how those two get along on my palette. (BY THE WAY... the pasta ingredients said 4% squid, which is barely a hint, the reason i added the anchovies, to fishify the flavour).

Last edited by GTAFA; 02-24-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: by the way...
GTAFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #7853
theladypoet
I am my own non-sequitur

theladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized rep

Cheese toast and a mixed fruit and veggie salad with balsamic dressing. I'm been on a random fruit kick for the last week- the more fruit the better!
Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 PM   #7854
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions communityone2one is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Thin Mints. God bless the Girl Scouts.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:18 AM   #7855
agnieszka

agnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesagnieszka can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

mini pittas with soft cheese and smoked salamon :-)
agnieszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #7856
Surlysomething
Vancougar

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wine gums!
Old 02-26-2012, 10:42 PM   #7857
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Piping hot popcorn covered in a shameful amount of real butter and sea salt;grilled chicken sliders and handmade cherry Cokes.

Men,in my opinion make the best movie food.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM   #7858
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just had 98% fat free Oscar Meyer hot dogs and beans - it was oddly good. I ususally HATE anything but all beef franks
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #7859
Jeeshcristina

Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

...I ate an entire take home size of Pinkberry in less than 2 hours. Mmmm. Froyo.
Jeeshcristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:17 AM   #7860
theladypoet
I am my own non-sequitur

theladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized reptheladypoet has super-sized rep

Fruit salad with guava. I was going to have toast and peanut butter but I burnt the toast.... so I ate the peanut butter with a spoon.
Old 03-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #7861
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Slightly ashamed to admit, but 2 Raspberry Toaster Strudels.

I tried to salvage some freezer-burnt but highly coveted steamed pork and shrimp buns last night for a late rushed dinner and lets just say it was a bad idea. Woke up this morning starving because nothing I'd eaten yesterday had stayed put and not quite up to much. Toaster Strudels and coffee seemed like just the thing.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:27 PM   #7862
MzDeeZyre
Fatty McFatCakes

MzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMzDeeZyre is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Coffee cheesecake from Wegmans with some Vanilla Chai tea and a splash of half and half.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #7863
EMH1701
Master Member

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Stir-fry. Kale, Cuties clementines, leftover chicken, curry, diced carrots, diced celery, and diced turnip. Turned out really good.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #7864
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.
BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Whole wheat pasta with turkey chili and a shredded cheese Mexican blend. Yummo.

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #7865
Tracyarts
Master Member

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lunch is a thrown-together avocado mash kind of thing. I took a large avocado, seeded and diced up the flesh, and mashed it up with a large dollop of plain yogurt and about a teaspoon's worth of Penzey's "Fox Point" seasoning. I don't have tortilla chips or anything, but I do have some sesame whole grain crackers to eat it with, and that's working out just fine...

Tracy
Old 03-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #7866
Tracyarts
Master Member

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

" Mudbugs!!!!!! 'Tis the season again "

Put a pile of those things in front of me, and I'll eat them until my lips go numb from the cayenne. And then still keep eating them because they're that damn good!

Tracy
Old 03-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #7867
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Orange popsicle. I so want real food but am afraid of my stomach rejecting it.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #7868
Surlysomething
Vancougar

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Toasted sesame bagels with melted sharp cheddar.

Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 PM   #7869
Captain Save
never had a 40

Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

HaagenDazs Butter Pecan ice cream.

Tomorrow, there will be doughnuts.

Really big doughnuts.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:35 PM   #7870
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.
CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post

This made me so hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Save View Post

Really big doughnuts.
I hate you.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:44 PM   #7871
Captain Save
never had a 40

Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Captain Save has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You know, Lainey, that makes me feel so warm inside, I have to resist the temptation to go to the doughnut shop right now and post pics of the aftermath.

I just hope you're feeling better.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:52 PM   #7872
EMH1701
Master Member

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Leftover curry beef and a glass of red wine.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:18 PM   #7873
Surlysomething
Vancougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Save View Post

Really big doughnuts.

Oink
Oink
Oink

Old 03-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #7874
Captain Save
never had a 40

SNORRRRT! snort, snort
Old 03-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #7875
Surlysomething
Vancougar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post

It was so good that i'm having it again. But this time i'm having very thinly sliced deli ham on top.

Tags
eating, food