Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #76
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Randi, be on the look out..those clams should be back in the next couple of weeks I think. They seem to come out once a quarter.

I bought all the pies they had for our family Christmas and everyone loved them. The apple received rave reviews and I thought the key lime was tasty and they were 4 bucks a piece.

I have stopped buying produce there. It was just going bad way too fast for me.

I still buy my hams there and I stocked up on the clams and their seasoned potato wedges the last time I was in there....we haven't been in a while..I need to go back!
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #77
LinathSuru
Dreamer

LinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
They have got so much better over the years. When i went about 15 years ago or so, their stuff wasn't so great, just cheap. But now they are very good. Unfortunately I don't often get to Aldi, but I love some of their products. The smoked salmon with the sachet of orange and mustard sauce is amazing, for under 2, and their own brand crisps are my very favourite kind. They are just so potatoey, crisp and well flavoured - just what a crisp should be, lol. Their fruit and veg are just always so fresh looking and at least a third less than at other supermarkets.
Ooh, well yeah. If I wasn't sold before I am for sure now. The salmon sounds amazing and we love potato chips in this house!

Quote:
I feel quite famous as they used a comment I made on their products, on a "Hot Deals" site I frequent, in a recent national leaflet and on their site.
And that is really neat!
Old 01-27-2012, 09:03 PM   #78
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

5 lbs oranges for $1.49!!! YEAH!!!
Old 01-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #79
LinathSuru
Dreamer

LinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging inLinathSuru makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
5 lbs oranges for $1.49!!! YEAH!!!
We got 4 lbs for $1.36 or something like that today.

And beef jerky. What would cost $5 or $6 at Wal-Mart or Krogers cust us $2 at Aldi's and tasted just as good.

I'm a believer now! And I'll keep on going back and trying new things little by little til we've figured out just where it does and doesn't fit on our shopping list!

Thanks for all your rave reviews. Never would have tried shopping here if I hadn't seen so much positivity about it in the Foodee Board!
Old 01-30-2012, 08:12 PM   #80
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

To know Aldi is to love Aldi.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #81
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Be sure to check out the refrigerated connamon rolls with orange icing...so good. I buy their hams too. At about $1.69 per pound their a good deal.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #82
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

omg, they have cinnamon rolls with orange icing? I will have to try those sometime. I bought 8 of the spinach and goat cheese pizzas. Hubby and I love them and at $3.49 each, they can't be beat. I only wish they carried them all year.

Other recent purchases I've been pleased with: baked potatoes chips, peanut butter fiber bars, Greek yogurt, Light & Fit frozen breakfast sandwiches, and 3 lbs of the sweetest, juiciest tangerines.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 AM   #83
Windigo
The wolf spirit

Windigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized repWindigo has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
Be sure to check out the refrigerated connamon rolls with orange icing...so good. I buy their hams too. At about $1.69 per pound their a good deal.
I wish they sold that here!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:18 PM   #84
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Their grapes are the sweetest and their apples are delicious. I have never gotten bad produce from Aldi.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:49 AM   #85
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The circular says they'll have stuffed clams next week. I wonder if they might have them in early. Anyone know if next week means next week only? How rare ARE these things?

I feel like I should stock up and I've never even tried them!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:56 PM   #86
Dromond
Old school

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
The circular says they'll have stuffed clams next week. I wonder if they might have them in early. Anyone know if next week means next week only? How rare ARE these things?

I feel like I should stock up and I've never even tried them!
I can't recall the last time my local Aldi has had stuffed clams in stock. It does mean next week only. If they have any beyond next week, it will be left over unsold stock and won't be around for long.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:17 PM   #87
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

They had them before Christmas...so it's been almost 3 months. Here..they don't sell out that quickly..so maybe buy a batch to see if you like them and then go back for more if you do!

Old 03-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #88
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Made my second trip today. Hey - anyone ever just abandon the cart and the quarter? Ummm, it was crowded and I parked far.

My freezer is packed FULL.

I got:
  • 6 packages of stuffed clams!!
  • 1 package of snow crab legs
  • breaded chicken thigh fillets
  • General Tso's Chicken
  • some kind of battered fish
  • key lime pie
  • frozen meatballs
  • ground beef to make my own meatballs. Yeah, that was dumb. Maybe I'll make something else. lol
  • french toast sticks
  • breakfast sausage links
  • breaded butterflied shrimp
  • chicken salad
  • tuna salad
  • seafood salad
  • potato chips (since you all raved)
  • pork rinds

...And a few other things.

I think this trip was much more successful. I'm thinking of snow crabs for dinner.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 PM   #89
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

P.S. ok, clam people - Do you use the oven directions or the microwave directions? I'm using the oven, but wondering what most people do.

Also, are they often frozen together? There are 3 frozen together and 2 sets of 2. Only 2 are loose. Looks like they got mushed together and then frozen. Can't separate them, altho I'll try again after they've been in the oven a few minutes.

Last comment - I find it amusing that they put stuffed clams into scallop shells
Old 03-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #90
MisticalMisty

Yep...I just put them all on a sheet pan and throw them in the oven..they separate by the time they are done cooking. I only do the oven. At that temp, the top gets nice and crispy.

We went today and got 2 hams, 2 dozen eggs, some potato chips, pita chips and they had lemons for ten damn cents for a grand total of 40 bucks.

BUTTTTT..they were out of clams. GAH..So, it's off to another aldi we go. We still have about 4 packs in the freezer..but it will probably be June before they have them again.

I'm interested to know who you like the snow crab!

Don't get the fish sticks...Yuck-o.
Old 03-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #91
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Yep...I just put them all on a sheet pan and throw them in the oven..they separate by the time they are done cooking. I only do the oven. At that temp, the top gets nice and crispy.

We went today and got 2 hams, 2 dozen eggs, some potato chips, pita chips and they had lemons for ten damn cents for a grand total of 40 bucks.

BUTTTTT..they were out of clams. GAH..So, it's off to another aldi we go. We still have about 4 packs in the freezer..but it will probably be June before they have them again.

I'm interested to know who you like the snow crab!

Don't get the fish sticks...Yuck-o.
Had half of the snow crabs tonight. Not very good. And at $12.99 for 1.5 lbs, not really a bargain even if they had been good. I can go to a local Chinese buffet and put away more than that for 10 bucks. Oh well!

And the clams were ok. I have an issue lately with garlic and they are very garlicky. I think part of my problem is I ate all 9. Maybe if I only do a few at a time it would be better for me. And yeah, the tops did get nice and crispy.

I'm wondering how they'd be if I made them more of a casino style, topping them with bacon and maybe some whole baby clams. I like more clam in mine.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:31 AM   #92
ThatFatGirl
Why am I still here?

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I cook the clams a couple at a time in the microwave and dip them in a horseradish/grated parmesan mixture.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #93
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

their chicken tenders are great and breakfast sandwiches too,they have tons of great stuff. The white chocolate and toffee cookies are yummy.
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote