Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > GLBTQ
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2012, 03:36 PM   #776
JSmirkingRevenge

JSmirkingRevenge can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
It really hurts when lesbians hate on me because I like both male and female (with a preference for males). It's as if they think Im less loveable simply because I will not choose to date strictly one or the other.
Aww. I know I'm just a random stranger, but I don't hate on ya! I am typically the same, interested in both with a preference for males. Lately it has flip flopped and have been missing being with a woman.

Either way though... like who you want. It doesn't make you any less of a bi-sexual or sexual being in general.

JSmirkingRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:31 PM   #777
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Rose View Post
I have a Bachelor of Science in Game Art and Design from the Art Institute... I'm considering going back to school for IT of some sort.
If you are interested in doing IT stuff; what type of degree? CS, CIS, ? What type of job are you hoping to get? Before I finished my degree, I worked in the CS department of a college, and now have a CS job. It's just my old job tendencies kicking in...

I have a BS in CS from a decent school. I work with a lot of tradespeople and that is why I mentioned the career path; I took the college route, got a job as a programmer, and am extremely happy with my decisions so far. I know people who don't want to go the college route and that was why I mentioned that stuff.

sowhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #778
Alicia Rose
Girly face

Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowhat View Post
If you are interested in doing IT stuff; what type of degree? CS, CIS, ? What type of job are you hoping to get? Before I finished my degree, I worked in the CS department of a college, and now have a CS job. It's just my old job tendencies kicking in...

I have a BS in CS from a decent school. I work with a lot of tradespeople and that is why I mentioned the career path; I took the college route, got a job as a programmer, and am extremely happy with my decisions so far. I know people who don't want to go the college route and that was why I mentioned that stuff.
I have.. no idea. :x CIS, I suppose. I'm ok at programming but I feel like my brain would melt if I tried to follow a career in it. I'm not sure what kind of trade I could go into, or.. I don't know.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #779
sowhat
Contains no MSG

sowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessowhat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
I have.. no idea. :x CIS, I suppose. I'm ok at programming but I feel like my brain would melt if I tried to follow a career in it. I'm not sure what kind of trade I could go into, or.. I don't know.
I know it goes against most people in the academic racket, but I wouldn't go back to school until you know what you want. Student loans are not dischargeable in bankruptcy, and even worse when you realize that you spent a whole lot of cash on something you don't even like.

I like programming(i'm a software engineer), but I understand people who don't. CIS can get decent help desk and lan admin positions; but it depends on whether you like doing that stuff. The hardest part of life for many people is what they want to do. Hopefully you can find something that works for you.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #780
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I can now get married to my partner in both of our birth states, as well as our nation's capital. Presuming, of course, that my partner proposes to me. (because I'm too shy to do such things myself).

Yay for marriage equality in Maryland!

Last edited by butch; 02-23-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: added stuff
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:13 PM   #781
VVET

VVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Went to a wedding almost 2 weeks ago, of a friend of mine for 16 years, to one of her female employees in Loves Park, IL

So it's legal here too, even if it's the boss
VVET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 08:11 AM   #782
Webmaster
The Chief

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butch View Post
I can now get married to my partner in both of our birth states, as well as our nation's capital. Presuming, of course, that my partner proposes to me. (because I'm too shy to do such things myself).
I would bring it up for discussion, even if only to get a sense where the partner stands. Some things are too important to remain shy about.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #783
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
I would bring it up for discussion, even if only to get a sense where the partner stands. Some things are too important to remain shy about.
We do talk about it from time to time, but you're absolutely right, it is important to be very clear about the topic!
Old 02-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #784
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

That's fantastic! Can't wait to see gay marriage legal in all states! Or at least the very big majority of them
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #785
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlaSixx View Post
That's fantastic! Can't wait to see gay marriage legal in all states! Or at least the very big majority of them
Yes indeed! Plus, I think Baltimore would make a great location for a queer wedding. I plan on having either a "Female Trouble" or "Hairspray" themed marriage myself!*

*no, not really, because I'm not going to my own wedding in female drag
Old 02-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #786
VVET

VVET can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Taxes

Not to mention taxes (which am doing). Couples have to file single instead of joint like they should. They can file joint for the state they are legal in, however it is a hassle to create a faux federal joint return to file a legal joint state return(IL).
VVET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:05 PM   #787
Alicia Rose
Girly face

Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Alicia Rose has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I confess that I just had an orgasm. And now I want to mutilate my penis.

I hate being trans.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:15 PM   #788
Webmaster
The Chief

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I confess that I just had an orgasm. And now I want to mutilate my penis.

I hate being trans.
On that note, it seems like there's really no more interest in this once heavily requested and lobbied-for forum. Close?
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:54 AM   #789
Alicia Rose
Girly face

Quote:
On that note, it seems like there's really no more interest in this once heavily requested and lobbied-for forum. Close?
People still post here.. It's not the most heavily-frequented forum, but it's not abandoned.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:11 AM   #790
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Maybe it's something with the seasons? Someths a lot of activity, sometimes none at all. I think it would be a shame to close this section, but I'm just seeing it that way for myself.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:00 PM   #791
sowhat
Contains no MSG

I know I'm out and about a lot in the Spring. I am still glad this forum exists because it has allowed me to meet some sweet, like interested people that I wouldn't have otherwise. People will start coming back more frequently soon enough.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 AM   #792
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Eh, I seem to recall that the BHM/FFA board spent its first couple of years with mostly sputtering traffic--maybe not quite this slow, but still nothing like regular conversation. But it eventually hit a critical mass of interested posters and became a fantastic board.

I suspect that this board has been good for a good number of people. It is possible that eventually there will be a critical mass of people paying attention to it, and more regular conversation will happen. But even if not, just having it here says something about acceptance that I suspect could mean quite a bit to at least some people. In other words, traffic levels are not the only metric of value of the board.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #793
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
also, that's a pretty insensitive response to the post you quoted. like, seriously.

I don't post here a lot--anywhere on Dims, really---but when I come to the forum, I ALWAYS check the LGBTQ section first.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:45 PM   #794
Deven
I Am Groot

Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
More frequented than the Chit Chat Forum. Last post in there was in February.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #795
Amatrix
Winkyface

Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Amatrix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I try to stop in once a week... I might not post but I check in/read.

Have a date with a girl this weekend. I had to cancel it from last weekend because I had the zombie virus.
Just kidding, I was pretty sick though.

She is coming down here for the weekend. I booked the room for her, and paid for it. I will not be staying with her, unless she asks me... trying to be a lady.

I did not buy her flowers, but her suite has a nice tub in it. I got her a little gift basket with some plush stuff. She is not exactly butch... or lipstick. She wears chapstick and eyemakeup. She also wears converse and headbands.

Idontknowhatiamsaying.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:31 AM   #796
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

Hope the date goes well! Sounds like you care about her quite a bit

And she sounds like she's got awesome style, lol.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:30 AM   #797
intraultra
big monster lover

intraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging inintraultra makes people happy simply by logging in

I am not big on posting in general, but I absolutely read new posts in this forum.

IC I have the best girlfriend, ever.

We have an appointment with a mortgage broker this week to discuss what we need to do to get a house. So excited.
intraultra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #798
Alicia Rose
Girly face

I went to a party last night, and had marijuana for the first time and got slightly tipsy as well, and spent like an hour flirting with this super cute girl... who is straight... and has a boyfriend.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:09 AM   #799
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by intraultra View Post
I am not big on posting in general, but I absolutely read new posts in this forum.

IC I have the best girlfriend, ever.

We have an appointment with a mortgage broker this week to discuss what we need to do to get a house. So excited.
These are all pretty freaking awesome things. Yay.
Old 05-24-2012, 06:34 AM   #800
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

I confess that I really need to come out to more people. So far it has only been two.

Jah is offline   Reply With Quote