Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Events & Community > Canada
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2010, 09:55 AM   #76
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Or to put it another way, Toronto is the guy (or girl) that you take home to meet Mom, when you are ready to settle down. Nice, clean, stable, prosperous, (mostly) sane.... Maybe a little smug and annoying from knowing it is all of that, but it is pretty hard to argue that it isn't a good catch.

Despite which, the rest of us like to mock it--have to keep its ego in check somwhow
Old 10-19-2010, 11:24 AM   #77
GTAFA
Master Member

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Despite which, the rest of us like to mock it--have to keep its ego in check somwhow
Big cities are usually a set of compromises, a necessarily evil. Part of that process is boasting and BS, when in truth the ideal is a small town OUTSIDE the big city. You always have to make trade-offs.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:33 PM   #78
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAFA View Post
when in truth the ideal is a small town OUTSIDE the big city. .
*shudder* no, that is not always the ideal......trust me! (grew up in a small town then in the suburbs, now a committed urbanite who just barely gets enough 'city' in Ottawa).
Old 10-19-2010, 01:03 PM   #79
GTAFA
Master Member

GTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticedGTAFA never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
*shudder* no, that is not always the ideal......trust me! (grew up in a small town then in the suburbs, now a committed urbanite who just barely gets enough 'city' in Ottawa).
Everyone is different of course. Cities provide services you can't find in a small town. You'll find more jobs there, also more air pollution, crime, etc. Once upon a time, the only place to find culture was a big city, but now it's amazing what you find in a corner store in a little hamlet.

As for the growing up part, i can swap you horror stories of the private school i went to in downtown Toronto.

Ottawa has a nice balance, a lot like Toronto 50 years ago.
Old 10-19-2010, 01:26 PM   #80
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Being from a small village that was 30 mins outside Ottawa and now living in Cornwall, a small city 1 hour out of Ottawa, I lobe both but prefer Toronto. I'm a total artsy fartsy type which is probably why I enjoy it. I like Montreal for the same reasons except Montreal is more stuck up compared to Toronto. I visit when I can and am coming to know Toronto damn well already lol. When I go on vacation it's to toronto. Ottawa is t enough for me and now I know it less than TO!
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #81
SSBBW Katerina
FillOutUrProfileFellas

SSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going on
Talking Merci beaucoup, GTAFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAFA View Post
This is as much in response to Katerina as to Carla. I guess it's simply an occasion to talk about Toronto, a city I love. What's not to like (about Toronto)? yes i suppose we're the city everyone in Canada hates, the same way NYC is loathed by Americans, even while secretly wanting to live there.

I was at the opera last night, watching an Aida starring American Sondra Radvanovsky. While we have a lot of local talent, lots of culture is imported too:
  • TV is dominated by US imports (of course), but that also will allow you to feel at home here if you're coming from the USA
  • we have one of the most important film festivals in the world --TIFF-- in September, that brings major stars here for two weeks, and other film festivals almost every month
  • it's a great theatre town, the place most Canadian actors come to when they're trying to make a career; and we're close to two major small-town festivals, namely the Stratford Shakespearean festival and the Shaw Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake
  • sports? um, well, great teams from other cities LOVE to visit and beat our team, although that may change someday. It's one of the great hockey cities even if we haven't won that in awhile, a vicarious NFL city (Buffalo Bills play a couple of games here each year), and the Blue Jays play over .500 in the toughest division in baseball.
As cities go, it's livable. We're in the middle of an election right now that's got us all thinking and re-thinking our city. For most places in the suburbs a car is helpful but not absolutely mandatory because there's public transit. Downtown, while more expensive, is vibrant and exciting and well-served by transit. While residents complain about crime, a bad year in Toronto is still a dream year for any American city (see what wikipedia says).

The fall colours are looking awesome right now. It's not as cold as people expect. Chicago and Buffalo get more snow. Don't bother strapping your skis to the roof of the car. In the summer it's ridiculously hot, although a Texan may think we're wimpy to complain (as my sister-in-law, who's from New Orleans sometimes will say).
Wow! Thank you so much for all of this, GTAFA. I'm jazzed about moving there eventually. I miss the 'city'. I lived in NYC [Manhattan] for 15yrs & was priced out of the market & lost my flat. It has become a haven for the "Haves and have mores" as George 'Dubya' once stated. I'll always love it though.

Your info is so well written. Its enticing, honest. Are you a writer/ author journalist? If not you should be. I'm sold.

Oh yes & the theatre & music scene. Definitely must get into. My 'friend' there is a journalist & he performs w/ the Peterborough Symphony. So fantastic! The added benefits of all this is that I can socialize & get active again & become a healthier, happier & well rounded (pun intended) SSBBW.

Merci, GTAFA for rolling out the welcome wagon. I'll be up there, via Greyhound, on 17 November until 23 November, playing "Getting to Know You" w/ my guy. After the 23rd I'm on my way, hopefully if all goes well, to NYC for a closed set film shoot out on Long Island. No U.S. Thanksgiving 4 me. No real family anymore.

Perhaps whilst I'm in Toronto, if I've got the opportunity, we can meet at least & say "hello" over coffee, tea or whiskey sours. If not, no worries. I'll catch you, and I'm sure other Torontonians, on the fly on my next visit.

And thanks in advance to all others that post any helpful hints and/ or just thoughtful words.

Abientot,
Katerina
Old 10-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #82
GTAFA
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBBW Katerina View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for all of this, GTAFA. I'm jazzed about moving there eventually. I miss the 'city'. I lived in NYC [Manhattan] for 15yrs & was priced out of the market & lost my flat. It has become a haven for the "Haves and have mores" as George 'Dubya' once stated. I'll always love it though.

Your info is so well written. Its enticing, honest. Are you a writer/ author journalist? If not you should be. I'm sold.

Oh yes & the theatre & music scene. Definitely must get into. My 'friend' there is a journalist & he performs w/ the Peterborough Symphony. So fantastic! The added benefits of all this is that I can socialize & get active again & become a healthier, happier & well rounded (pun intended) SSBBW.

Merci, GTAFA for rolling out the welcome wagon. I'll be up there, via Greyhound, on 17 November until 23 November, playing "Getting to Know You" w/ my guy. After the 23rd I'm on my way, hopefully if all goes well, to NYC for a closed set film shoot out on Long Island. No U.S. Thanksgiving 4 me. No real family anymore.

Perhaps whilst I'm in Toronto, if I've got the opportunity, we can meet at least & say "hello" over coffee, tea or whiskey sours. If not, no worries. I'll catch you, and I'm sure other Torontonians, on the fly on my next visit.

And thanks in advance to all others that post any helpful hints and/ or just thoughtful words.

Abientot,
Katerina
You're too kind (all the nice things you said). Coffee sounds like an awesome idea.

AND when you say "Abientot" I can't help but think about our bilingualism, which Americans have heard of. Although they make kids study french in school, and offer us an additional french language TV & Radio network (or two), don't worry about speaking French anywhere but in Quebec(300 + miles to the east), and some parts of New Brunswick (just north of Maine). That is an additional adventure you'll enjoy someday. For now be content checking them out on radio or TV.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:53 AM   #83
SSBBW Katerina
FillOutUrProfileFellas

SSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going on
Talking Whoo-hoo! I'm Toronto bound for my 1st visit....

... next week on 15 November. A friend of mine is picking me up. Got a full dance card planned for me. I already know now I'll have to come back in early 2011. So psyched! I need this vacation & quality time.

Later, kids, & thx again.
Katerina
Old 11-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #84
JayDanger

JayDanger can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJayDanger can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

North York represent! I spend alot of time down in Kensington Market though. You can find me at the hotbox cafe, thymeless, or Agoma usually, sometimes Toby's.

Vapor is a pretty sick spot too.

I guess I kinda get around.
JayDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:38 PM   #85
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I am 19, slim build, 5'11' and I am sick hearing my friends talk about how they "chop girls", and how they have girlfriends.

Anyone going to Centennial College? I am in my first of four years in Computer and Comm. Networking at Progress Campus, I see a lot of fine ladies in the halls, none in my classes though.

Or is there anyone around Leaside or East York Area?

Please drop a line, I would just love to chat it up with someone.

Last edited by Kenster102.5 : 02-05-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Kenster102.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #86
luscious_lulu
Boobzilla

luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luscious_lulu has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenster102.5 View Post
I am 19, slim build, 5'11' and I am sick hearing my friends talk about how they "chop girls", and how they have girlfriends.

Anyone going to Centennial College? I am in my first of four years in Computer and Comm. Networking at Progress Campus, I see a lot of fine ladies in the halls, none in my classes though.

Or is there anyone around Leaside or East York Area?

Please drop a line, I would just love to chat it up with someone.

You should come to the attitude Mardi Gras party. There will be plenty of single people there!
Old 01-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #87
Shao

Shao has said some nice things

Not to reopen a dead thread, but it made more sense than creating a new one. I'm from downtown Toronto right in the Annex area (two blocks from U of T St. George).
Shao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 AM   #88
xpandimonium

xpandimonium has said some nice things

Back and forth from Etobicoke to Downtown Toronto
xpandimonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #89
home

home has said some nice things
Cool Since we're asking.

Anyone from the Lasalle, Montreal area? I'm a little chubby. Nah, just kidding about the physical part, I'm not going into that. Although I am chubby. Well, at any rate. If anyone is from Lasalle or Montreal? It would be nice to talk on here for a while and after a good length of time. Who knows? Oh, and I am an adult. No UnderAgers please!
home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 07:29 PM   #90
GTAFA
Master Member

Default pas ici....

Quote:
Originally Posted by home View Post
Anyone from the Lasalle, Montreal area? I'm a little chubby. Nah, just kidding about the physical part, I'm not going into that. Although I am chubby. Well, at any rate. If anyone is from Lasalle or Montreal? It would be nice to talk on here for a while and after a good length of time. Who knows? Oh, and I am an adult. No UnderAgers please!
Peut-etre il y a plusieurs d'hommes et femmes qui viennent de Lasalle....

But you won't find them here because you posted in a thread about downtown Toronto. I peek at this thread because i live in suburban Toronto. You need to post your message somewhere that it will be seen by people from the Montreal area. Either use one of the existing threads (for example there's one called Anyone from Quebec ) or start a new one.

Bienvenu et bonne chance.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #91
triniroti

triniroti has said some nice things
Thumbs up

north york herei like going dancing down town once in a while or coffee friends anyone welcome to email me

Last edited by triniroti : 03-26-2012 at 04:58 PM. Reason: forgot
triniroti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #92
jerem85

jerem85 has said some nice things

Hi triniroti
I'm new in toronto and I want to meet new people.
Let me know if you want to meet me for a coffee.
jerem85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:46 AM   #93
MaxArden
Big, Bald, and Bright

MaxArden can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMaxArden can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Still Native Born Torontonian....Now in the East end...Still looking...
Old 11-27-2012, 04:16 PM   #94
Shinobi_Hime-Sama
Found Mr. Right...I hope.

Shinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized repShinobi_Hime-Sama has super-sized rep

I'm close in Oshawa. If 30 minutes on the GO is close.
Shinobi_Hime-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #95
Lime+Brandy

Lime+Brandy has said some nice things

North York here, but moving downtown soon.
Lime+Brandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:56 PM   #96
JayDanger

JayDanger can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJayDanger can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm still in North York, but now I bounce between North York and the lounge I own in little Portugal. I gotta say, west end life is pretty nice.
JayDanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:28 PM   #97
Afr00

Afr00 has said some nice things

I'm live downtown of Tdot I'm an international student nice city
Afr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #98
lavishlaura

lavishlaura can now change their title

I don't live in Toronto per-say... but I do visit all the time!! It's basically my second home.
lavishlaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #99
s!gma

s!gma can now change their title

High Park area here!

Love the Junction area, lots of great people, and how did I see two amazing BBW one Yesterday and one Today? I think I should buy a lottery ticket, I'm feelin lucky.