Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge > 70+ forum
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
FA Punk

FA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default Really?

...Really 70+?

Old 12-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #2
Dromond
spucatum tauri

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ho Ho Tai qualifies. Dunno if anyone else does.

Dromond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.
CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Poor guy is gonna be talking to himself. I think some threads could have been combined....LOL

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.
mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am just amused at how the 70+ are senior posters...but the 60+ are not.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #5
Dromond
spucatum tauri

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's the aging baby boomer effect.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default 50+?

50+ would have probably covered the top age forum group pretty well. I'm guessing that 50's, 60's, and 70's, combined, wouldn't get overly active for a single forum. I guess we could visit up here every now-and-then to keep it active.

Not pious, just saved by grace. Your true Christianity
shows in how you treat those who hate you.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
Webmaster
The Chief

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
50+ would have probably covered the top age forum group pretty well. I'm guessing that 50's, 60's, and 70's, combined, wouldn't get overly active for a single forum. I guess we could visit up here every now-and-then to keep it active.
There's probably a good argument for (or against) just about any categorization. If you're in your teens or 20s, a 30+ category might seem entirely sufficient to cover the rest of life. If you're older, you may see things quite differently. Myself, when I look back, I generally think of what I've done in my 30s, 40s, 50s, etc. Given that, I felt that making all those categories available was a good thing. In fact, I even felt that there's a psychological difference between being a teenager and being in your 20s.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:09 PM   #8
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There are a few of us "over the hill" gray haired alleged sages still around who can actually remember the Berlin airlift and such things. I'm glad our Webmaster has been so kind as to recognize that we do exist.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #9
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Yakatori has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default I could definitely get "into-it"

I just fear it may become like "a scene."
Yakatori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #10
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!
Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!Hozay J Garseeya keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
It's the aging baby boomer effect.
Sir, you are the epitome of true poster. I've seen you loitering in all of the age threads and I'm jealous. I want to have that potential.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:46 PM   #11
Dromond
spucatum tauri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
Sir, you are the epitome of true poster. I've seen you loitering in all of the age threads and I'm jealous. I want to have that potential.
You will learn, young Padawan. You will learn the ways of the Snark.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #12
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't see the point of the 70+ category of a site for fat people, everybody knows fat people don't live that long.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #13
Webmaster
The Chief

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
There are a few of us "over the hill" gray haired alleged sages still around who can actually remember the Berlin airlift and such things. I'm glad our Webmaster has been so kind as to recognize that we do exist.
While to me the Berlin airlift is history, as usually anything that happens before an individual is born is history to him or her, I have always been interested in how people perceive themselves at different stages in their lives. I do know how I felt in my 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s, and, now being 60, I am beginning to explore this new phase of my life, but what is ahead of me I have no idea. I often wonder how people perceive their lives as they get older, but it always seems an inappropriate thing to ask.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 07:34 PM   #14
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster View Post
I am beginning to explore this new phase of my life, but what is ahead of me I have no idea.
Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt, doesn't work. And when you see a BBW, your pacemaker makes the garage door go up and down.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #15
Lovelyone
Fat, and loveable!

Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!Lovelyone keeps pushing the rep limit!

God Granted, sooner or later we will all end up here in this thread.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 PM   #16
FA Punk

FA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going onFA Punk knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone View Post
God Granted, sooner or later we will all end up here in this thread.
You before me though! Haha, I kid, I kid, don't hit me lol.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:05 AM   #17
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Most days I feel a lot older than70-something, but I hope I never get so old that I don't appreciate a lovely woman of size.

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:42 PM   #18
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Awwwwwwwwwww......that's sweet!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:13 PM   #19
Ho Ho Tai
Master Member

Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!Ho Ho Tai keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Who Summons The Great And Powerful Ho Ho Tai?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
Ho Ho Tai qualifies. Dunno if anyone else does.

Such liberties! I think I need a new icon.

But if you are serious about discussing the issues of old(er) age, I offer this post from four+ years ago - and just as true today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho Ho Tai View Post
This ending fragment is from "Ulysses", by Alfred Lord Tennyson. It was yet another of the poems and declamations used in a brilliant series of ads by the Union Bank of Switzerland. I've been able to find some of these at UTube and elsewhere, but not this.

I am 70 years old. Many a morning, I breathe these lines to myself, like a morning prayer.

"Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are"

I never moved heaven, though the heavens have revolved around me all my life. The only earth I moved was a shovel at a time. I have never strove with Gods, but with a lot of god-concepts. Yet, I have had my share of accomplishments.

Now, "though much is taken" - I do have a number of trying physical issues - still "much abides". I have considerable strength for my age, a wonderful and loving wife, the excitement and comfort of children and grandchildren.

We love to bike (the kind you have to pedal.) Last year was our best so far, riding about 300 miles over the summer and 70 miles in the several days surrounding my birthday.

"There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail:" Our vessels - our bikes - are put away until next season, but "My mariners (my wife), a Soul that has toiled, and wrought, and thought with me -" is eager to feel the wind blowing through her hair, and to feel her mighty heart pumping blood through her body again. Though "We are not now that strength which in old days" could go on forever, yet there is the Willard Munger Trail, stretching some 70 miles from Hinkley to Duluth, and as soon as the snow is gone, we will be off once more "To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. "

"Ulysses", by Alfred Lord Tennyson
. . . . .
There lies the port; the vessel puffs her sail:
There gloom the dark broad seas. My mariners,
Souls that have toiled, and wrought, and thought with me -
That ever with a frolic welcome took
The thunder and the sunshine, and opposed
Free hearts, free foreheads -you and I are old;
Old age hath yet his honour and his toil;
Death closes all: but something ere the end,

Some work of noble note, may yet be done,
Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
The lights begin to twinkle from the rocks:
The long day wanes: the slow moon climbs: the deep
Moans round with many voices. Come, my friends,
'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Push off, and sitting well in order smite
The sounding furrows; for my purpose holds
To sail beyond the sunset, and the baths
Of all the western stars, until I die.
It may be that the gulfs will wash us down:
It may be we shall touch the Happy Isles,
And see the great Achilles, whom we knew.
Though much is taken, much abides; and though
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

"The greatest wisdom: Love and Laughter, Inter-twined."
Ho Ho Tai is offline   Reply With Quote