Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Hyde Park
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #751
bigmac
Executive Member

Location: Sunny California -- the middle part no one goes to unless they have to
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELIMAN092262 View Post

As the story grew legs … numerous contradictory evidence emerged. The bombshell had to be the testimony of the lead police investigator who said at Zimmerman's bond hearing that the police can not say who confronted who. Without that determination the authorities can't say for sure who started the fight.

This is hardly a bombshell -- what did you think he would do? Admit that they had enough evidence to arrest but didn't?
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:28 AM   #752
swordchick
Deeeeeeeeeeeeez Nuts!

swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!swordchick has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilynStJames View Post
What in the world would I have to be bitter about? I do'nt even know you. I was making an observation just like every other person in this post. The way I see it is being human is personal. Everyone bitches about racism, well ending it starts with one person at a time. Sorry I see people for how they act and treat others, not for where they were born, religion, color, sexuality.....
I'm also not going to engage in a pissing match, I've got more class than that.
You started a pissing match with me, which I find to be very classy. I am not in a fairy tale with unicorns and rainbows. I live in Sanford. I was born & raised in Sanford. So I do know more about this case than most people. Also, my father was a deputy for over 25 years in Seminole County. The first place I went to, as a newborn, was the Sheriff's Department. I would benefit off the "good ol' boy" system more than most people around here. I can call the Sheriff directly right now. But I am not blind to the racism. It exists. If people are bothered the complaints about racism, that is your problem. It is not illegal. Racism is not illegal but murder is. So if I was a racist, I could be legally.

Zimmerman was a ticking time bomb. It was ignored. He is a murderer. His apology to Trayvon's parents was BS. He lied in court about money & Trayvon's age. He cried his first night in jail. Trayvon cried for his life & no one could save him. Well, Zimmerman might go to the ultimate gated community-prison.

Also, the US government considered "Hispanic" an ethnic origin. By the way, Zimmerman says he has "black" roots. Good for him!

Rest in peace, Cinda
and all the others that have passed.
We will miss you sweet angels.

swordchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #753
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.
CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Amazing -- not only do you know what everybody in the Martin case was really thinking -- but, you know what's in the heart of CastingPearls father better than she does.
You noticed that too, eh? I'm sure he was on the grassy knoll when Kennedy got shot and knows who did it. Even if he was born after the fact.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:46 AM   #754
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

But just think, how he raised such a large amount of money for his bail. Someone is donating money to him. Neo con groups? Pro gun groups? White supremacist groups? These groups have power in this country.

Let's keep in mind, Zimmerman looks very swarthy, at least to me and many others. His mother is Peruvian, possibly, Quechua Indian, for him to look so dark. The only reason many supremacist groups are cheering is because he simply shot a black kid. All black is scum to these types of groups whether infant or old. It doesn't matter that Trayvon was just a kid, with plans for college. Black and child do not go hand in hand to these types of sick racists.

Racism is a mental illness to me. Had he shot 'one of their own', he'd be another you know what to them and they would show their anti-latino bigotry. It's not about Zimmerman, it's about killing black life, which some wrongly attribute to all that is wrong in this country.

Last edited by KittyKitten : 05-04-2012 at 11:57 AM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:54 PM   #755
Deven
Secret Six

Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyface83 View Post
Let's keep in mind, Zimmerman looks very swarthy, at least to me and many others. His mother is Peruvian, possibly, Quechua Indian, for him to look so dark.
He's part hispanic.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #756
gangstadawg
the wanderer

gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!gangstadawg has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
But just think, how he raised such a large amount of money for his bail. Someone is donating money to him. Neo con groups? Pro gun groups? White supremacist groups? These groups have power in this country.

Let's keep in mind, Zimmerman looks very swarthy, at least to me and many others. His mother is Peruvian, possibly, Quechua Indian, for him to look so dark. The only reason many supremacist groups are cheering is because he simply shot a black kid. All black is scum to these types of groups whether infant or old. It doesn't matter that Trayvon was just a kid, with plans for college. Black and child do not go hand in hand to these types of sick racists.

Racism is a mental illness to me. Had he shot 'one of their own', he'd be another you know what to them and they would show their anti-latino bigotry. It's not about Zimmerman, it's about killing black life, which some wrongly attribute to all that is wrong in this country.
not sure how they figure that us black people are the problem with the country. we only make up roughly between 13-15% of the U.S. population.
gangstadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #757
Deven
Secret Six

Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Deven has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangstadawg View Post
not sure how they figure that us black people are the problem with the country. we only make up roughly between 13-15% of the U.S. population.
Asians Were Fastest-Growing U.S. Population in Last Decade, Census Finds‎

Quote:
According to the 2010 Census, the Asian population grew faster than any other race group in the United States between 2000 and 2010. The population that identified as Asian, either alone or in combination with one or more other races, grew by 45.6 percent from 2000 to 2010, while those who identified as Asian alone grew by 43.3 percent. Both populations grew at a faster rate than the total U.S. population, which increased by 9.7 percent from 2000 to 2010.

The biggest Asian ethnic group in the nation is Chinese, at 4 million people. Filipinos log in at second with 3.4 million people, and Asian Indians follow with 3.2 million people.

The Asian alone-or-in-combination population grew by at least 30 percent in all states except for Hawaii (11 percent increase). The top five states that experienced the most growth were Nevada (116 percent), Arizona (95 percent), North Carolina (85 percent), North Dakota (85 percent) and Georgia (83 percent). These same five states also experienced the most growth in the Asian alone population.

The 2010 Census showed that New York had the largest Asian alone-or-in-combination population with 1.1 million, followed by Los Angeles (484,000) and San Jose, Calif. (327,000). Three other places — San Francisco, San Diego and Urban Honolulu — had Asian alone-or-in-combination populations of more than 200,000 people.

The Census also found 80% of Asians live in a household with Internet available — the highest rate among race and ethnic groups in any ethnic group, according to the Census bureau.

Currently, Latinos are the fastest growing ethnic group. According to the Census, the Hispanic-origin population would contribute 32 percent of the Nation’s population growth from 1990 to 2000, 39 percent from 2000 to 2010, 45 percent from 2010 to 2030, and 60 percent from 2030 to 2050.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 AM   #758
NYSquashee

NYSquashee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNYSquashee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

That's the population. I think the figure of interest would be the violent crimes committed by various races. Here's a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an..._United_States

Also Trayvon was not a child per say. He was 18, 6'2, and about 180lbs.

I'm not sticking up for Zimmerman, he seems to be a cunt, but I also think certain factors seem to be glossed over a little too easy in this case.

Last edited by NYSquashee : 05-10-2012 at 10:20 AM.
NYSquashee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #759
Deven
Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYSquashee View Post
That's the population. I think the figure of interest would be the violent crimes committed by various races. Here's a read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_an..._United_States

Also Trayvon was not a child per say. He was 18, 6'2, and about 180lbs.

I'm not sticking up for Zimmerman, he seems to be a cunt, but I also think certain factors seem to be glossed over a little too easy in this case.
17.... he was 17. That's a child.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:43 PM   #760
Wild Zero
ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn

Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!
Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!Wild Zero keeps pushing the rep limit!

At the rate we're spinning Trayvon Martin will soon be 7 billion years old, 1,200,000 feet tall and over 75 billion lbs.

Zimmerman killed Galactus in cold blood.

Old 05-11-2012, 09:46 AM   #761
NYSquashee

NYSquashee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesNYSquashee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Trayvon was a shitty surfer anyway.
NYSquashee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 PM   #762
Deven
Secret Six

Stand Your Ground Defense DENIED for Domestic Abuse Victim: She will now serve 20 years in prison (and all she did was fire a WARNING SHOT!)

Quote:
If ever the Stand Your Ground law in Florida had a chance of being applied fairly, that has gone out the window in the case of Marissa Alexander, a 31-year-old mother of three who has been sentenced to 20 years for firing a warning shot at her abusive husband.

In the aftermath of the long-delayed arrest of Trayvon Martin’s killer, it is incomprehensible that Alexander, who neither killed nor injured anyone, has been convicted of aggravated assault with a firearm and sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Her husband, Rico Gray, a man with a documented history of abuse including an assault on her while she was pregnant, threatened to kill her nine days after the birth of their daughter. This time, Marissa wasn’t going to put up with another beating. When threatened, she fired a warning shot into the ceiling to let Gray know that the abuse was over and he’d better think twice before coming after her again.

He then ran into the street and claimed that she had threatened to kill him and his boys. On his word alone, she was arrested.

State Attorney Angela Corey, the same prosecutor who is prosecuting the Trayvon Martin case, offered a three-year sentence plea bargain but Alexander refused on the grounds that she had done nothing wrong. Alexander tried to invoke Florida’s Stand Your Ground law but the judge refused.

Even though Gray recanted and even though Alexander’s 11-year-old daughter took the stand and made a plea on her mother’s behalf, the judge said that he had no choice but to sentence Alexander for at least 20 years.

This verdict poses serious questions about an already questionable law that is applied unevenly. Jacksonville Congresswoman Corrine Brown has stated that Alexander’s case is a product of “institutionalized racism” and that she had been unable to locate a Stand Your Ground case where a black person is the beneficiary of the law. Alexander is a black woman. Brown will be calling for a national study by the U.S. Department of Justice or other entity to determine whether there are racial inequalities in the application of the Stand Your Ground defense.

In the meantime, Marissa Alexander faces a long time in prison with little hope of getting out.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #763
bigmac
Executive Member

Location: Sunny California -- the middle part no one goes to unless they have to
bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Apparently Marissa Alexander (who's black) didn't realize that affirmative defenses like stand your ground were only meant to save rich and/or white butts. I'm only half joking -- the unwritten rules of the justice system strongly favor whites and are biased against blacks.

http://www.theroot.com/buzz/analyzin...ander-sentence
Old 05-14-2012, 05:21 PM   #764
DELIMAN092262
Executive Member

DELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

“Stand Your Ground” means you can defend yourself when confronted. It does not mean you can leave the scene and return for “round two” armed.

Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/annanorth/th...lexanders-reve

Quote:
On the blog Justice for Marissa, she writes, "In an unprovoked jealous rage, my husband violently confronted me while using the restroom. He assaulted me, shoving, strangling and holding me against my will, preventing me from fleeing all while I begged for him to leave." She says that she tried to run away but became trapped in the garage, so she got her gun — which she says is registered and holds a permit for — and went back through the house. Then, she says, Gray shouted, "bitch I will kill you." So "in fear and desperate attempt, I lifted my weapon up, turned away and discharged a single shot in the wall up in the ceiling."
The fact she returned to the confrontation with a gun is probable why the judge did not accept her “Stand Your Ground” defense.
DELIMAN092262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM   #765
Deven
Secret Six

Quote:
“Stand Your Ground” means you can defend yourself when confronted. It does not mean you can leave the scene and return for “round two” armed.

Source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/annanorth/th...lexanders-reve

The fact she returned to the confrontation with a gun is probable why the judge did not accept her “Stand Your Ground” defense.
She was trapped in the garage. I'd assume that meant she had no way to call authorities from the garage. So, she was to wait in the garage (possibly leaving her CHILDREN with an enraged, abusive man) until he calmed down?

Your own quote:

Quote:
In an unprovoked jealous rage, my husband violently confronted me while using the restroom. He assaulted me, shoving, strangling and holding me against my will, preventing me from fleeing all while I begged for him to leave." She says that she tried to run away but became trapped in the garage, so she got her gun — which she says is registered and holds a permit for — and went back through the house. Then, she says, Gray shouted, "bitch I will kill you." So "in fear and desperate attempt, I lifted my weapon up, turned away and discharged a single shot in the wall up in the ceiling."
Were her children trapped with her? Were they to wait in fear until this man calmed down or came in to try to kill them? She was trapped... I'd want a way out myself.

Have you ever been in an abusive situation? Let me break it down for you, because I was: You are fighting for your life. If you have children, if you're worth your salt as a parent, you will do anything to get to them if you have been separated from them. Or you will do anything to protect them. Becoming trapped like an animal is not effectively being able to protect your children because, as much as people seem to think it is the end all: a gun can be taken from you/you can miss/he can overpower you. What you need to do is get out and call the authorities. Trapped in a garage, there's a likelihood she couldn't.

Last edited by Deven : 05-14-2012 at 05:49 PM.
Deven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #766
Deven
Secret Six

Zimmerman might be charged with a Federal Hate Crime

Quote:
SANFORD, Fla. — WFTV has learned charges against George Zimmerman could be getting more serious.
State prosecutors said Zimmerman, a neighborhood watchman, profiled and stalked 17-year-old Trayvon Martin before killing him, so the FBI is now looking into charging him with a hate crime.
Zimmerman admitted to killing Martin in February during a confrontation. However, he claims the shooting was in self-defense. He's facing a second-degree murder charge, which carries a maximum possible sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole. But if Zimmerman is charged and found guilty of a federal hate crime involving murder, he could face the death penalty.
FBI investigators are actively questioning witnesses in the retreat at the Twin Lakes neighborhood, seeking evidence for a possible federal hate crime charge.
Martin was unarmed when he was shot to death, police said, and some accuse Zimmerman of targeting the teenager solely because of the color of his skin.
WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer said federal prosecutors would have to prove the hate crime to charge Zimmerman, though.
“What the government would have to prove is that Mr. Zimmerman acted out of hatred toward African-Americans. That's why he came into contact with him. That's why he shot and killed him," Sheaffer said.
Sheaffer said a federal hate crime murder charge could bring more serious consequences than the second-degree murder charge Zimmerman faces now.
“Mr. Zimmerman could be punished by up to life in prison or even the death penalty,” said Sheaffer.
Zimmerman said he used deadly force in self-defense after Martin punched him, knocked him to the ground and repeatedly slammed his head against a sidewalk.
As of late Monday, Zimmerman’s attorney, Mark O’Mara, told WFTV that he's gotten the first prosecution documents containing the evidence against his client. O’Mara said he's gotten a redacted witness list with 22 witnesses listed only as numbers.
O’Mara said he believes there are recorded interviews and some documents, but he said he hasn't even opened it yet.
Prosecutors are required to release information to the defense and the public
However, O'Mara, wants Circuit Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. to keep some of the key evidence, especially witness statements, out of the public eye by writing a motion to keep it sealed.
O'Mara posted a statement on Zimmerman's website that said, "We doubt any of them (witnesses) enjoy the scrutiny they are under due to the coincidence of their involvement in such a high-profile matter."
In the meantime, a photograph recently surfaced which is said to show Zimmerman's mother in the arms of her grandfather, who is black.
Zimmerman's mother testified at his bond hearing that she has met the black child whom he mentored and even risked his safety in a dangerous neighborhood to do it, because he didn't want to abandon the child.
State prosecutors said Zimmerman gave several inconsistent statements to Sanford police, which is, in part, their basis for charging him with second-degree murder.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #767
DELIMAN092262
Executive Member

DELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDELIMAN092262 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I recall how some dismissed George Zimmerman's claim of self-defense. They said their opinion was based on a lack of any injuries on Zimmerman. Many doubted Zimmerman had a broken nose.

This report from ABC News may change some minds.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/abc-news-exclu...opstories.html
Quote:
A medical report compiled by the family physician of accused Trayvon Martin murderer George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.
Of course, that does not answer the question of which man started the fight.
DELIMAN092262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #768
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't get it, no one would argue if a victim fights against a rapist or robber stalking them, so why vilify Trayvon for defending himself? It doesn't make sense. Those are defensive wounds that were found on that kid. Zimmerman was in the wrong for going after this boy and I will say it again and again. Trayvon was the one that stood his ground. I feel no sympathy for Zimmerman nor his crooked family.

For God's sake, how the hell is it 'SYG' if the idiot jumped out of the car to pursue an innocent kid walking down the street, minding his own business? Of course, Zimmerman started the fight! He was looking for trouble. He has a history of violence as I said over and over! He had a chance to escape but he PURSUED Trayvon! He called him a 'fucking c..n' (derogatory word for blacks) in the 911 phone call. WTF? Why do some people fail to understand this concept? Am I speaking Greek? Or do some not want to understand?

I hate this stupid law and it would be a pity to see this violent liar walk. But this same state wants to sentence a woman with no prior criminal record to prison for at least 25 years for shooting a gun into the ceiling? What kind of bull is this? Really? Florida needs to get it together.

Last edited by KittyKitten : 05-15-2012 at 10:12 PM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:23 PM   #769
Gomes
Master Member

Gomes does more than just post hot picsGomes does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
I don't get it, no one would argue if a victim fights against a rapist or robber stalking them, so why vilify Trayvon for defending himself? It doesn't make sense.
Because he wasn't physically attacked. Other than the gun shot, there wasn't a scratch on him. Zimmerman, on the other hand, had numerous wounds on him ...
A medical report obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation. The record shows that Zimmerman also suffered bruising in the upper lip and cheek and lower back pain. The two lacerations on the back of his head, one of them nearly an inch long, the other about a quarter-inch long, were first revealed in photos obtained exclusively by ABC News last month.
... Source.

Quote:
Those are defensive wounds that were found on that kid.
No there wasn't. Kindly provide a support link for your claim.

Quote:
Zimmerman was in the wrong for going after this boy and I will say it again and again.
And you will be wrong again and again. Zimmerman was part of a neighborhood watch group. Neighborhood watch groups are considered responsible citizenship and are even encouraged in may areas by local law enforcement.

Quote:
Trayvon was the one that stood his ground.
Florida state law does not allow you to "stand your ground" if you have not been attacked ...
F.S. §776.013 : A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity, and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.
... and there is no evidence to indicate that Martin was attacked but there is plenty of evidence to prove that Zimmerman was attacked and therefore within the law to defend himself with deadly force.

Quote:
I feel no sympathy for Zimmerman nor his crooked family.
Now his family is also crooked. Please share with us what laws they are accused of breaking. Oh, and as before, supporting reference links will be appreciated to ensure that you are not just making this stuff up.

Quote:
For God's sake, how the hell is it 'SYG' if the idiot jumped out of the car to pursue an innocent kid walking down the street, minding his own business? Of course, Zimmerman started the fight! He was looking for trouble. He has a history of violence as I said over and over! He had a chance to escape but he PURSUED Trayvon! He called him a 'fucking c..n' (derogatory word for blacks) in the 911 phone call. WTF? Why do some people fail to understand this concept? Am I speaking Greek? Or do some not want to understand?
It is clear that YOU are the one who does not want to understand.

Zimmerman was part of a neighborhood watch group. He spotted someone who he did not recognize as living in the community and who matched the description of those that committed the last 8 burglaries in that community. He called the police and continued watching. Being watched does not give you the right to try and kill the person watching you.

Quote:
I hate this stupid law
You think that people shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves? Well, I hope that some day you can live out your ideas and not defend yourself when attacked but don't try to impose your insane ideas on others.

Quote:
and it would be a pity to see this violent liar walk.
This liar's story is supported by other eyewitnesses AND the physical evidence. Plus, let's not forget that this liar passed not one, but TWO lie detector tests. But let's ignore all of that and call him a "liar" anyway even though there is nothing to prove that he lied about anything. Who needs the facts anyway.

Quote:
But this same state wants to sentence a woman with no prior criminal record to prison for at least 25 years for shooting a gun into the ceiling? What kind of bull is this? Really?
I'll try to explain this to you in very simple terms so that your tiny brain will understand it. Shooting a gun is considered deadly force. One is ONLY allowed to use deadly force if one is in fear of immediate death or serious bodily injury. Shooting the gun into the ceiling PROVES that she was NOT in fear of IMMEDIATE danger because if she was, she wouldn't have shot it into the ceiling. Instead, she would have shot at her attacker. Since she wasn't in immediate danger, she was not authorized in using deadly force but she DID use deadly force. Her actions showed that she used deadly force when she was not within her rights to use deadly force. Got it?

Quote:
Florida needs to get it together.
Florida has it together very well. You're the one who has it all backwards. You want people to be able to use deadly force when they are not in immediate but not be allowed to defend themselves when someone is trying to kill them. You're the one who needs to get it together.
Gomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #770
dabdab
Master Member

dabdab knows EXACTLY what's going ondabdab knows EXACTLY what's going ondabdab knows EXACTLY what's going ondabdab knows EXACTLY what's going ondabdab knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
I recall how some dismissed George Zimmerman's claim of self-defense. They said their opinion was based on a lack of any injuries on Zimmerman. Many doubted Zimmerman had a broken nose.

This report from ABC News may change some minds.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/abc-news-exclu...opstories.html

Of course, that does not answer the question of which man started the fight.
A medical report the day after he fatally shot Martin ? . it might be self inflected . just to prove the claim .
dabdab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:25 AM   #771
bigmac
Executive Member

Gomes -- get this fact straight -- you lose your right to self-defense if you're the aggressor!

Last edited by Big Beautiful Dreamer : 05-16-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #772
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevenDoom View Post
17.... he was 17. That's a child.
Biologically that's an adult. 17 is old enough to go and fight in a war if your legal guardian signs off on it. If he didn't die and instead was the one going to trial he would be tried as an adult because he's older than 16.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:28 PM   #773
Diana_Prince245
Wise as Athena

Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Diana_Prince245 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack27

Biologically that's an adult. 17 is old enough to go and fight in a war if your legal guardian signs off on it. If he didn't die and instead was the one going to trial he would be tried as an adult because he's older than 16.
We don't grant 17 year olds adult rights and privileges. Regardless of you and others attempts to insist otherwise, Trayvon was a child. It's bullshit to insist otherwise to fit some pro gun narrative.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #774
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana_Prince245 View Post
We don't grant 17 year olds adult rights and privileges. Regardless of you and others attempts to insist otherwise, Trayvon was a child. It's bullshit to insist otherwise to fit some pro gun narrative.
Yeah I'm only engaging on the subject of whether or not a 17 year old is a child. A 17 year old not a child in the same way that prepubescents are children, that's for sure. There are 17 year old fathers and mothers, there are 17 year old soldiers and marines and there are 17 year old murderers who stand trial as adults. 16 is the age of consent (meaning you can have sex) in most US states. You are legally considered a full-fledged adult at 16 in Scotland. 17 year olds get emancipated and declared legally adults all the time in the US. In most states there are provisions that allow 17 year olds to marry with parental consent or court order.

Last edited by Mack27 : 05-16-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Mack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:15 PM   #775
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Another ABC report:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/cops-witnes...2#.T7WGR-3HrnY