Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 09-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #26
BBW MeganLynn44DD
Perfectly Round

BBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My best friend is a hair dresser and she has been doing my hair for 15 years.She agrees that it depends on what type of face you have.She really wants me to go super short but now that my hair is long i'm really not so sure.Tomorrow is chopping day so we'll see!

BBW MeganLynn44DD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #27
Tragedie09

Tragedie09 has said some nice things

this thread confuses me a little, why do we need plus size hair models O.o cant plus size girls have the same hairdos as smaller girls? im a size 16 and i have same hairstyle as small girls O.o sry im rather new to this
Tragedie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #28
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragedie09 View Post
this thread confuses me a little, why do we need plus size hair models O.o cant plus size girls have the same hairdos as smaller girls? im a size 16 and i have same hairstyle as small girls O.o sry im rather new to this
There are A LOT of women here who are a size 30, 32, 34, and up and some hairstyles will look different on a face that might be fuller. That's not to say a larger woman will have a larger face; some thin women have double chins, but there can be a bit of a disconnect when a book with hairstyles depicts a thin woman with angular features and few with round faces. We may not NEED them but it would be nice to have more options, is what people are saying.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 10:43 AM   #29
DeerVictory
Swamp monster

DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Fat girls with short hair inspiration:

This babely woman has short hair and socks it.

I definitely agree that haircuts look different on girls with different shapes/facial features/weights.

Before I cut my hair, I usually try to see if I can get some inspiration from other fat women.

(I found most of these by looking at the fuckyeahchubbyfashion.tumblr.com page)

In her hips, there's revolution.
DeerVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #30
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This thread reminds me of a conversation between coworkers at my last job. This tall BBW was talking to her friend about what hairstyle she should get to make her face look thinner and this little girl in the next row said "Why not just lose weight".

I think this is the thought process of many people that if you're fat you obviously don't care about your appearance so it doesn't matter what you do to your hair, nails etc. So they don't cater to us because obviously we're a lost cause.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:55 AM   #31
Tragedie09

Tragedie09 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
There are A LOT of women here who are a size 30, 32, 34, and up and some hairstyles will look different on a face that might be fuller. That's not to say a larger woman will have a larger face; some thin women have double chins, but there can be a bit of a disconnect when a book with hairstyles depicts a thin woman with angular features and few with round faces. We may not NEED them but it would be nice to have more options, is what people are saying.
ah ok i didn't know that. my heads squarish round whether im big or small but i guess not everyones the same , i have curly hair and it can be crushing to realise a cut is gonna require daily straightening so i can only imagine realising that a cut won't work on you at all, thats got to be tough. i guess a hairdresser would know what best fits a persons face shape? you could ask them for tips i guess, but yea seeing someone with your similar face shape would help, maybe books for 'haircuts for sqaure shape', 'haircuts for diamond shape', 'haircuts for round shape' etc would be awesome
Tragedie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 10:38 AM   #32
olwen
Disco Bear

olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!olwen keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm really finding this discussion to be fascinating, mostly I think because of cultural differences. I've just never in my life heard fat black women talking about hairstyles that fit round faces. The discussions are more about what we do to our hair. Is it a weave, is not a weave, what kind of braids are better, how to make it grow, how much do you spend, how to clean locs, how to moisturize, etc. A lot of black women have short hair whether natural or relaxed and it always looks great, when it's long and it's done, it looks great...it makes more sense to me to get a haircut that fits with the type of hair one has, rather than the shape of the face. Like if hair is thin and straight, or curly and thick, or wavy aren't there haircuts that work best for all those hairtypes? Would one be limited that way?

...What types of haircuts to people think don't work with round faces?
olwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 01:21 PM   #33
Tau
IXAMXDECADENCE

Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tau has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hair in my opinion works according to the attitude you wear it with. I know I can rock just about any hairstyle - long or short - depending on my comfort levels with it. If I think I looks smoking its going to be so hot it burns I honestly don't think that has anything to do with thinness or fatness
Old 10-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #34
OneWickedAngel
Untamed Woman...

OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.OneWickedAngel has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My experience is a mix of Olwen's what am I going to do it and the OPs will it work with my face and for many of us how hard/much is the general up keep?. I change my hair at the drop of a hat, but I have learned through trial and a whole lot of error, what styles look best for my face and no matter how I change it, I stay within those style ranges.

How a hairstyle fits your face is important and you know it the moment you've made the wrong choice and you're stuck with it. Somewhere out there family members have school age pictures of me with a Dorothy Hamill, because my mother thought it would look cute. I knew by the look on her face once it was done, she thought wrong and it was one of the few times a hairstyle brought me to inconsolable tears. There's a difference between "Oh you've changed your hair, it looks nice!" and "I love your hair!!!" The latter is as much of a reflection of the style as well as how it looks on you.

I do like McBeth's idea. For many women perhaps seeing different hairstyles on different fat faces (not just round), necks and shoulders, could help them better visualize what may work for them. The details would be especially helpful. I know a couple of hairstyles I would have avoided like the plague, had I more info on, than just a picture in a style book, when making that decision.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Doing what you like is freedom; liking what you do is happiness.
OneWickedAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:00 AM   #35
sgageny

sgageny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessgageny can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
I go to this hairdresser who is reasonably price and whos style matches mine pretty closely,she somehow reads my mind almost everytime I go. Some kind of spooky sixth 'amazing-hairdressing' sense.

She goes through the consultantion process really thoroughly before hand too and usually pulls looks out of magazines that are somehow exactly what I want and also suit me. (Ashley you are a hairgoddess)
She also doesnt treat me like glass and is happy to tell me honestly if something doesnt suit my face shape or will wash me out. Sometimes I agree, othertimes not. But mostly she is crazily spot on with what I want.

So i guess a great/experienced Hairdresser is half the battle.
sgageny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:22 AM   #36
bonified
cannabis connoisseur

bonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 clubbonified is a member of the 500 club

Im of the mindset for myself, that the arse & the hair have to balance symmetry etc. Big hair for a big arse etc.

I cant do the dead straight part in the middle thing, its just wrong for me, and I rock a crazy ginge fro for the most part, but when i do straighten it, its always full of body and volume.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24092011264.jpg (79.9 KB, 169 views)
Old 12-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #37
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Was thinking of going with bangs for 2012. Any comments? Honesty is appreciated.
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #38
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyJo1976 View Post
Was thinking of going with bangs for 2012. Any comments? Honesty is appreciated.
Your face shape seems different than mine. I will share this anyway in case it helps. I have never liked the way someone else has cut my bangs. the reason why is because most schools teach stylists to follow the proportions of the face. The bang should be from eyebrow end to eyebrow end, or whatever the common understanding is. So the stylist starts to separate out this huge, wide tuft of hair for me. Now I know my face is fat but I don't need or want that much bang. I had to stop her and she gave me this stern speech about proportions, etc.

This has been a problem for me every time I've gone to a salon. I come in armed with photos graphs. I even DREW a photo once and I once came in with an old picture of me sporting the haircut. Without fail the hair was cut so severely short that it barely even resembled the cut I asked for. It took months for it to grow out, and this happened in several highly recommended salons. I am convinced that peole just don't know how to cut fat people's hair. There is a one-size-fits-all mentality that is not helpful. They follow the lines for the average person without taking into account that though the faculties are in the same place, the heads are MUCH bigger. I would even go farther to say that this goes for anybody with a head larger than the average person, not just fat people per se. Try to tell them this and they scoff at you. I've had better results cutting my own hair surrounded by mirrors.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #39
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
Your face shape seems different than mine. I will share this anyway in case it helps. I have never liked the way someone else has cut my bangs. the reason why is because most schools teach stylists to follow the proportions of the face. The bang should be from eyebrow end to eyebrow end, or whatever the common understanding is. So the stylist starts to separate out this huge, wide tuft of hair for me. Now I know my face is fat but I don't need or want that much bang. I had to stop her and she gave me this stern speech about proportions, etc.

This has been a problem for me every time I've gone to a salon. I come in armed with photos graphs. I even DREW a photo once and I once came in with an old picture of me sporting the haircut. Without fail the hair was cut so severely short that it barely even resembled the cut I asked for. It took months for it to grow out, and this happened in several highly recommended salons. I am convinced that peole just don't know how to cut fat people's hair. There is a one-size-fits-all mentality that is not helpful. They follow the lines for the average person without taking into account that though the faculties are in the same place, the heads are MUCH bigger. I would even go farther to say that this goes for anybody with a head larger than the average person, not just fat people per se. Try to tell them this and they scoff at you. I've had better results cutting my own hair surrounded by mirrors.
My stylist is a friend so I don't have a problem telling her what I want. After reading your post, I will definitely make sure I know exactly what she plans to do before she starts cutting, thank you so much!!
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #40
sarahreign
Queen of Fat Rolls

sarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized rep

I look at it like...a head is a head and you do what u want with ur hair. Idk. I dont demand bbw everything, but there should be equal mixes of sizes in everything. If that makes sense
sarahreign is offline   Reply With Quote