Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #376
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Snackbar View Post
I tend to hear that a lot, both directly and from nerd friends. The significant others love the income and lifestyle that nerdy tech jobs provide but frown upon the hobbies and interests related to it. Boys will always have their toys, whether it's light sabers or fishing lures.

My retort is always "Ok, what adult, mature hobbies would YOU recommend I engage in?"

The ones I engage in.....like reading the Twilight Saga

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #377
Shawnababyy

Shawnababyy can now change their title

My biggest turnoff would probably be cockiness. There's a difference between confidence and being cocky. I just can't stand to talk to a guy who thinks he's amazing. I like when I compliment a guy and being able to flatter him and hearing a "thank you" after; rather than complimenting him and getting a response like, "i know." Just bothers me
Shawnababyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #378
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

Flakiness - I dislike making plans, setting aside time and then having it be for nothing. I can understand it happening once in awhile but after a certain point it is just so bothersome.
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 PM   #379
Librarygirl

Librarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging in
Smile Here here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
Flakiness - I dislike making plans, setting aside time and then having it be for nothing. I can understand it happening once in awhile but after a certain point it is just so bothersome.
Yep, I'm with you on that one. Doesn' t matter who it is, but people who say stuff they don't mean (be it about plans / keeping in touch / doing something / feeling a certain way) sucks. Why say you will do something if you don't intend to follow through? It's like insulting my intelligence/ powers of memory to have the arrogance to assume I won't notice!

Rant over...
Old 05-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #380
Critters

Critters can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCritters can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm new around here. Figured this was as good a place as any to jump in and post.

I'm not physically picky, though I do find thin, average, and musclebound men less attractive. I find the gymbody look (and the personality that all too often goes with it) very unattractive. I like fat guys, and have found that fat guys tend to make much nicer, more attentive, more interesting boyfriends. They've developed their own personalities, interests, minds, and manners far more than the guys that have always had the interest of more conventionally-minded women come way too easy.

I do second the physical cleanliness thing though.. and I really hate it when someone douses themselves in cologne, aftershave, or body-spray in order to hide the smell of poor hygiene or cig smoke. I'm very sensitive to artificial/chemical scents, and I prefer the smell of a good, honest day's work kind of sweat to a harsh chemical scent. I just don't want to be around someone who doesn't wash for days on end and then tries to hide it.

Smoking is a turn-off for me... I've already supported one person I loved during his terrible, painful, traumatic last months due to lung cancer, and I just can't go through that again with someone else I love without major, lasting, and likely terminal damage to my own emotions and psyche. I barely made it through with my mind intact, so for this one, the turn-off is solely about self-protection. That said, I don't have a problem if someone wants to smoke a joint or even a cig now and then, as long as it isn't a daily or even weekly thing. Cancer scares the living hell out of me.

I don't care if a person is a social drinker, as long as they're ok with the fact that alcohol just makes me maudlin and weepy, so I don't bother drinking. I'm a built-in DD and never mind making sure friends get home safe after a night's debauching. I'm liberal as hell about recreational drug use, even to the point of so-called 'hard drugs' (within limits... I'll babysit a friend's LSD trip to make sure he doesn't go thinking he's Superman and leaping off the roof, but I'm not going to stick around someone who's into methamphetamine.. I've had negative run-ins with meth-heads-one pulled a gun on me). But I've seen how alcoholism/addiction ruins lives and wrecks relationships. I want someone who can remain in control and not let an addiction take over his life. I want a relationship with a person, not with a side-effect. I understand the mechanisms of addiction, why it happens, and I have a lot of sympathy for those who are caught in that struggle, but I just don't want to be caught in it myself, as the other-half of someone who can't get free.

I can't stand a bully. Someone who laughs at another person's misfortune is a huge turn-off. Someone who laughs at a mentally disabled person is going to find my fist deep amid his crushed nasal bones. That kind of cruel, heartless, ugly 'sense of humour' is perhaps my biggest turn-off of all. It's also one of those things that instantly sets off my 'Must beat the hell out of this douchebag' trigger. A lot of people forget that it takes far more strength to be kind, helpful, supportive, and understanding than it does to ridicule. And if a person is willing to bully and ridicule a vulnerable stranger, that person is capable of bullying/abusing a romantic partner.

Religiosity is a turn-off for me too. I've tried relationships with religious believers before, and it has never worked out. I just can't have a relationship with someone who believes in something I just can't respect.

Ignorance, especially the wilful, intentful sort is a real turn off. There are a lot of people who seem to be downright proud of their ignorance and determined to keep being ignorant, especially when it comes to their negative attitudes effecting how other people live their own lives, like with homophobics who persist in voting to prevent human rights advances like gay marriage, and racists who think that their own race is the only one that counts. Again, I can't love someone I can't respect. I love a guy who can talk books, is interested in science, can passionately geek-out about his favourite obscure interests, and turn my mind on to something I never really paid much mind to before. Someone open-minded, educated (self-educated or otherwise), bright, creative, and passionate about something beyond TV and sports. To date, I've only found that with one person, and he's (unfortunately) very taken...

At this point in my life, I don't really care if I never find the right person. I'm happy single. But if the right person came along, the person with whom I'd be happier as a couple, I'd be fine with that too.
Critters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #381
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critters View Post
At this point in my life, I don't really care if I never find the right person. I'm happy single. But if the right person came along, the person with whom I'd be happier as a couple, I'd be fine with that too.
I'm happy single as well, until I am in a relationship then I realize being single kinda sucked.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 04:29 AM   #382
Surfpenguin

Surfpenguin has said some nice things

For me, the biggest turnoff EVER is emotional baggage. We've all got it, make no mistake. But on the first (or second, or ninth) date I don't want to hear about how your ex-husband told you that he didn't find you sexually attractive on your wedding night. Or how you broke up with your ex-boyfriend after you caught him in bed with another man while one of them was wearing a fox costume. Or how you can't do laundry in laundromats because one time four years ago you saw a parent in a laundromat punish one of his kids by making him sit on a washing machine with a wool cap pulled over his eyes, and how can such a terrible parent be allowed to keep his kids while Child Services took yours away, etc. etc.....We ALL have heartbreaking crash-and-burns in our lives, but maybe there are things in out pasts that should stay there.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #383
prplecat

prplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot pics

Finding out that my first kinda-sorta crush in YEARS still carries a torch for his skanky, alcoholic ex-wife. Worked better and faster than a bucket of ice water poured on my head!
prplecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #384
fritzi

fritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going onfritzi knows EXACTLY what's going on

In essence you're right, tmi about personal emotional baggage is a turn off - BUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfpenguin View Post
Or how you broke up with your ex-boyfriend after you caught him in bed with another man while one of them was wearing a fox costume.
this is a story I would definitely want to hear! Simply because it sounds like a hilarious story!
fritzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:14 AM   #385
ManBeef

ManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions communityManBeef is a pillar of the Dimensions community

The lack of being able to be considerate of others... YUCK
Old 06-01-2012, 07:36 AM   #386
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lies
Lies
Lies
Lies
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #387
Librarygirl

Librarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging inLibrarygirl makes people happy simply by logging in
Angry Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Lies
Lies
Lies
Lies
Indeed...
and let me add a few more turn-offs...
Selfishness
Anger
Lack of empathy
Old 06-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #388
socrates73

socrates73 can now change their title

Selfishness is my biggest turn-off. No matter how hot, pretty or cute the girl may be I can lose my attraction to her in an instant if I sense it.

Oh and hygiene ... I think this one is self explanatory.
socrates73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #389
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hipsters

Old 06-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #390
Mordecai
The fire is coming for us

Mordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging inMordecai makes people happy simply by logging in

That looks more like a bro - the clothing doesn't seem to be fresh from the 1970s!
Mordecai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #391
chicken legs
yawn

chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chicken legs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hate it when they find Jesus and post boring vids...dammit
chicken legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:32 PM   #392
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai View Post
That looks more like a bro - the clothing doesn't seem to be fresh from the 1970s!
That wasn't meant to be an example of a hipster (why would I post one? I really don't want to see them) - it's how I feel about them.
Old 06-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #393
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Right its possible im the bad guy here, but i went into our staff room the other day at work and One of the casinos nicest girls was watching Jersey shore. Turns out she loves the show, along with Geordie shore too. Shes has also planed to go to a Jersey/Geordie shore theme party in london (and in her words "act like ho for a night".
This is the biggest turn off ever. Sad times.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:04 AM   #394
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglynch View Post
Right its possible im the bad guy here, but i went into our staff room the other day at work and One of the casinos nicest girls was watching Jersey shore. Turns out she loves the show, along with Geordie shore too. Shes has also planed to go to a Jersey/Geordie shore theme party in london (and in her words "act like ho for a night".
This is the biggest turn off ever. Sad times.
Being repulsed by idiots doesn't make you a bad guy.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:56 AM   #395
Wanderer
Actor at Extra-Large

Wanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot picsWanderer does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken legs View Post
I hate it when they find Jesus and post boring vids...dammit
(shrug) Hey, I'm straight and Christian, and they're just as boring for me. And he was so inspiring, up until then...
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote