Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 02-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #26
Redhotphatgirl
Summer time summer time

Redhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging in

mmmm lets see what I have broken. A plastic heavy duty lawn chair out by the pool. That hurt like the devil cause my butt and cement are not good mixes. Unknown toilet seats both broken by myself and my friends. We now only buy the soft seats. The toilet off the wall in a cheap wall attached situation. The fold down shower seat on the cruise last year. Ha ha.

The reach up bar in our suburban was broken by rowan getting in. ha ha Oh and office chairs two.

I broke the car seat in our mazda trying to adjust with my legs. Not much has been broken lately because we are very aware that we are large people and have large friends so we bought heavy duty furniture. And what was not bought that way was re supported.

I will say we too are hard on beds. Time for a new one soon.
Redhotphatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #27
wreckless1967

wreckless1967 can now change their title
Default Custom made iron bed frame

I run my own engineering company here in Jersey, My fiance and me now reqire a new bed soon as our wooden one we have now is starting to creak & groon under us. I have designed a steel bedframe that will feature decorative wrought iron detail on the head/ end boards, the cross beams will be about 2 1/2" x 1/4"
, the headboard will have rolled bars with ornate detail in it. This design will withstand around 3000lbs weight easily and as much jiggy nookie as you could possibly do on it and will not creak or bend. I posted about this on FF awhile back and had some interest, I will make an effort to build it soon.
I have seriously thought about offering to sell strong quality bed frames as there does not seem to be much (any) choice around that looks nice and homely desirable. When I get on with it I will start a new post thread about it on this forum with pics and contact details.
We also specialize in ornate architectural iron works so a bed frame is a small simple project to us,but may be a money earner maybe too
wreckless1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #28
supersizebbw
Who run the world..Girls!

supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

at 366 pounds and currently fighting daily with this darned ikea bed...every other day i lay on it the wooden slats on the frame slide off and i find myself toppling down in the middle of the night and having to get up and fix them.

I thought it was due to my size then found a website with loads of complaints about the ikea design from people of all sizes having the exact same problem.

I've found a temporary way to fix the problem but it's no fun getting in and out of bed not knowing whether i'm going to fall through the bed or not *ARGH*.

My previous bed was a flimsy divan which i broke as well
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #29
wreckless1967

Yup this seems to be a comman problem of heavy people, could be a good business venture making ssbbw proof bed frames , hmmm loving when I get my first one made for my growing fiance
Old 02-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #30
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

My fiancee and I have broken 3 beds (one fixed) since we've been together. Twins aren't good for us lol
Old 02-19-2012, 04:49 PM   #31
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Gas lift office chairs will die on me after 8 or so months. It's expensive and annoying, and I can't afford the fancy ones for fat people. I like chairs with wheels, but don't need the gas lift.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:11 PM   #32
Fat Brian
retarded disfigured clown

Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Fat Brian has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin View Post
Gas lift office chairs will die on me after 8 or so months. It's expensive and annoying, and I can't afford the fancy ones for fat people. I like chairs with wheels, but don't need the gas lift.
Do you know anybody who can weld? Set the chair to a comfortable height and take it to them and have the cylinder welded to where it won't be able to go down anymore. It will still rotate the same but the height can't change.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:31 PM   #33
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Brian View Post
Do you know anybody who can weld? Set the chair to a comfortable height and take it to them and have the cylinder welded to where it won't be able to go down anymore. It will still rotate the same but the height can't change.
Hmm, my flatmate might be able to do that.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #34
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My queen MALM is Mattress length: 79 1/2 "
Mattress width: 59 7/8 " Then go to Lowes or home depot and buy two sheets of 1/4 inch plywood and have them cut to fit...they will cut them for free.It takes two sheets because plywood comes in lengths not long enough... so for the queen we
got each cut to 59 7/8" by 39 3/4".
Take off the crappy slats and lay the plywood on top of the supports...hopefully you have a bed with the beam down the center? makes it work better.
If yours is a different size and you are having trouble working out the measurements I can figure it out for you from the ikea site. I'm 365 and my BF is 150 and it is SOLID. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersizebbw View Post
at 366 pounds and currently fighting daily with this darned ikea bed...every other day i lay on it the wooden slats on the frame slide off and i find myself toppling down in the middle of the night and having to get up and fix them.

I thought it was due to my size then found a website with loads of complaints about the ikea design from people of all sizes having the exact same problem.

I've found a temporary way to fix the problem but it's no fun getting in and out of bed not knowing whether i'm going to fall through the bed or not *ARGH*.

My previous bed was a flimsy divan which i broke as well
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #35
supersizebbw
Who run the world..Girls!

supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!supersizebbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

thanks trueblue, wish i'd known this earlier!...after wracking my brains i've found a temporary fix that appears to be working....i'm moving out of the house in a months time so at least i won't have to deal with this madness much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truebebeblue View Post
My queen MALM is Mattress length: 79 1/2 "
Mattress width: 59 7/8 " Then go to Lowes or home depot and buy two sheets of 1/4 inch plywood and have them cut to fit...they will cut them for free.It takes two sheets because plywood comes in lengths not long enough... so for the queen we
got each cut to 59 7/8" by 39 3/4".
Take off the crappy slats and lay the plywood on top of the supports...hopefully you have a bed with the beam down the center? makes it work better.
If yours is a different size and you are having trouble working out the measurements I can figure it out for you from the ikea site. I'm 365 and my BF is 150 and it is SOLID. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #36
zosimos

zosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeszosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeszosimos can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default FA construction projects

My girlfriend and I have broken two beds in the past few months

I just got done with a very satisfying FA construction project this afternoon. I got out the table saw and built six additional reinforcing legs for my wooden sleigh bed. Figure it should hold up to a 100 lb gain at this point. Have any other FAs completed notable weight-related engineering projects?
zosimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:32 PM   #37
truebebeblue
Balls,I kicks em.

truebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions communitytruebebeblue is a pillar of the Dimensions community

well Im glad you figured something out. This method works for any bed that needs slats to support it though and under cushions on a sofa when the supports die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersizebbw View Post
thanks trueblue, wish i'd known this earlier!...after wracking my brains i've found a temporary fix that appears to be working....i'm moving out of the house in a months time so at least i won't have to deal with this madness much longer.
truebebeblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:27 PM   #38
wreckless1967

Our mattress is around 4 yrs old now and it gets very noisy when we are playing around, springs twanging kinda sounds, it makes my girl very conscious of her teenagers in the other rooms being able to here us at it and so puts a dampner on a other wise hot moment.
Is this related to our increasing weight or do mattresses become worn and noisy with age, I am going to buy a new one very soon to alieviate the problem
Old 06-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #39
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

One day, after a NAAFA chapter meeting a number of us went out to eat at the local Souplantation.

I'm an FA, and at that time I was 6'1" and 180. After eating, I pushed the chair back a little and reached my arms out to stretch and yawn.

Bam! The back of the chair snapped in two explosively. The women near me all looked in horror and then started giggling as they realized who it was who had broken a chair.