Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 05-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #26
Weirdo890

Weirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't have friends who do that, and if I did, we wouldn't be friends any longer.

"Conquer all, but one escapes
Govern all, but one dissents
Embark on genocide, and one shall rise to damn you."
- Jack Kirby "Hunger Dogs"

My YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU24ty301nY
Weirdo890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #27
The Fat Man
Fat Don Draper

The Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticedThe Fat Man never has a post go unnoticed

I take it with a grain of salt really. My close close core group of friends know the kind of girl a tend towards, they still give me shit about it in a fun "dude" kind of way. It never really bothers me. Some people have preconceived notions or habits or social norms the have a hard time breaking. I'm trying to just put it out there that I like big girls... if one of my buddies wants to bust my chops a little I'd never dream of getting all pissed off. They aren't being malicious they're just being guys. We talk crap to each other all the time. I'm always ragging on one of my friends that goes for the plastic Barbie doll type over and over again... a type of girl that physically does absolutely nothing for me but I respect that he likes what he likes but I'll still give him shit about it. That's just guys.

"F' you man, lolz... btw I <3 you dude, I wanna' see what's best for you." *punch in the shoulder*

If I truly don't want it to be a big deal, a complete non-issue that I like big girls... why should I make it one around my buddies?

Last edited by The Fat Man; 05-18-2012 at 10:36 AM.
The Fat Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #28
RabbitScorpion
vienna carrier-no venom

RabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRabbitScorpion is a pillar of the Dimensions community

If they do it too much, I make them former friends.
RabbitScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #29
Critters

Critters can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCritters can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I had to call out a family member over her attitude about fat people. My mother. Which really disappointed me, because I'm not skinny anymore myself. She often made comments, upon seeing a large person out in public or on TV, that they were disgusting, that they should be ashamed to have 'let themselves get like that', that they had to be spectacular gluttons and totally lazy.
I finally said to her that she didn't know them, didn't know why they were big. I said that it would be just as easy for someone to pass such ignorant judgements about me, not knowing that I have to take a certain medication that has totally screwed up my metabolism and that there's a reason I'm heavier than average now. I told her that it disappointed me and hurt me that she held those attitudes and that it made me feel ashamed of her when she showed her ignorance like that.. after all, she should know better. I said that I found it just as sad and shocking and wrong as if she had made a racist comment.

She seems to have taken it to heart, since she hasn't made an ugly remark about a fat person around me or within my hearing since I called her out on her bad behaviour all those years ago. That said, I've never 'come out' as someone who prefers fat men to her, and since I'm currently single, feel no real urge to do so. If I find a wonderful fat fellow with whom to share my life, I'll tell her, but until then I'm fine with letting that particular sleeping dog lie for now.
Critters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:49 PM   #30
white_shinobi

white_shinobi can now change their title

I usually just remind them of my attraction to big girls and they usually change the subject on their own.
white_shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #31
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default generally

i ask them if they've ever been with a big girl. the answer is almost always no, at which i laugh hysterically and call them ignorant for hating on something about which they know NOTHING. media is a powerful thing i guess.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #32
Big Cutie Brianna

Big Cutie Brianna can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBig Cutie Brianna can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBig Cutie Brianna can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordiques View Post
I agree that it's situational.

There are serious situations (a specific person, or a close friend talking to you privately) where it's appropriate to have a discussion about these issues, provided you're respectful of other people. I've talked to friends about it one-on-one where we really talked about the issue.

A situation like you describe, in a group that's making comments that they probably think are harmless, you can always say something like "I thought she was attractive/pretty/cute/whatever" or even "I prefer women like that." Your friends, provided they are really friends, will respect that.
totally if they are REALLY your friends, they will respect you, and not make rude comments around you sweetie, I know myself, when my friends talk about others at times, maybe racial comments towards other ethnicities, i call them out right away, and ask them not to, or say, "You know that's really rude, i don't appreciate hearing that, and i'm not going to stay around, if i have to continue listening to you express your rude distaste for certain people. thanks."..
and people/friends usually stop. some haven't, hence, i'm not friends with them anymore. but you always have a choice, leave if your uncomfortable, and don't like it, or have them handle it, OR just sit there, cause you're too afraid to say something. Do the right thing sweetie(:
Big Cutie Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:13 AM   #33
Falling Boy
Winter is coming..

Falling Boy never has a post go unnoticedFalling Boy never has a post go unnoticedFalling Boy never has a post go unnoticedFalling Boy never has a post go unnoticedFalling Boy never has a post go unnoticedFalling Boy never has a post go unnoticedFalling Boy never has a post go unnoticedFalling Boy never has a post go unnoticed

I "had" a friend like this. He also knew that my wife (now ex) was a big girl. I found it completely disrespectful and told him on several occasion. That was 7 years ago and we haven't talked since. I think that's probably the best way to deal with it lol
Falling Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
germanfa91

germanfa91 has said some nice things

First of all, thanks everybody for your answers

In the meantime, I found the courage to come out of that FA closet and since then, no more rude comments were made, at least I didn't notice any. Nice to see that simply telling the truth turned out to be good way, and that my friends are not the dicks some people on here may have thought they were
germanfa91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #35
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanfa91 View Post
First of all, thanks everybody for your answers

In the meantime, I found the courage to come out of that FA closet and since then, no more rude comments were made, at least I didn't notice any. Nice to see that simply telling the truth turned out to be good way, and that my friends are not the dicks some people on here may have thought they were
Congratulations.
I think it's stupid not to admit a preference for fat people. As an avowed FA life is more easier than a life in the closet.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #36
YoJoshua

YoJoshua can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesYoJoshua can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I sometimes go over the top, saying, "Whaaaaat??? I LOVVVVE big girls, man! BIG belly, BIG ass, BIG mutherf--kin' thighs, WOAH NELLY, baby! You don't like 'em? More for me, man - BRING IT! You ever check out big girls on YouTube? Hundreds of thousands of red-blooded men can't be wrong! Stick is for the dog, meat is for the man!"

And so on.

But like C said, depends on the situation.
YoJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote