Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 06-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
maynard

maynard has said some nice things
Default hot friend who is gaining

I have a friend who use to be great shape, and she has slowly started to thicken. She used to be a cheerleader and compete in pageants as well. I can tell she is upset about it, but dont really know what to say to her.
maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

In your place, i wouldn't say anything. I might compliment her from time to time on her outfit, or her hairdo, and tell her she looks nice, but other than that I'd leave it up to her. If she complains about gaining weight, you might tell her that beauty comes in all sizes and add that you think she looks attractive. Anything more would be overkill.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
maynard

maynard has said some nice things

i have pics if anyone is interested
maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

If you don't have her direct consent to post those pictures here, then you will not be doing so. Thank you.

/mod
Old 06-24-2012, 07:31 PM   #5
Jim Miller

Jim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticed

Thanks, AnnMarie. I always get squeamish when people post photos of others besides themselves. Even partners! That's just such a tenuous thing to do, and often outright unethical. I'd like to chime in that I would support a forum ban on posting "identifying" or "intimate" photos of anyone other than oneself or, with explicitly stated permission, a partner.

Regarding the original post...it's all about patience and positive support. Coming to grips with being fat in a fat-phobic society is very hard for most people, but with enough time and sincerity you can make a difference just by being a positive and enriching presence in a person's life.

Last edited by Jim Miller; 06-24-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Added quotation marks for clarity.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #6
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord J Esq View Post
Thanks, AnnMarie. I always get squeamish when people post photos of others besides themselves. Even partners! That's just such a tenuous thing to do, and often outright unethical. I'd like to chime in that I would support a forum ban on posting "identifying" or "intimate" photos of anyone other than oneself or, with explicitly stated permission, a partner.

Regarding the original post...it's all about patience and positive support. Coming to grips with being fat in a fat-phobic society is very hard for most people, but with enough time and sincerity you can make a difference just by being a positive and enriching presence in a person's life.
I post photos of myself and my fiancee and none of which are "intimate" other than a kiss or so. Unless you're talking about people posting intimate pictures of JUST their partners in which case I too always shake my head when someone does that....unless its in a couples thread or something.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
mecob3

mecob3 has said some nice things

Post the pics!
mecob3 is offline   Reply With Quote