Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 07-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
Ravens-son

Ravens-son has said some nice things
Default Question for the gradual gainers

Hello all,

I've been somewhat of a lurker at this site, usually coming just for the Library forum, but I now have a question for the Dimensions Hive Mind.

I've very recently come to the point where I have not only accepted that I will always be at least my current size (noticeably chubby) if not larger due to genetics and my eating habits, but I've also accepted that my long-time fantasy of being much larger can become a reality if I want it. I love stuffing myself, I love eating to fullness at every opportunity. What's to stop me?

So I'm now in the mindset that I will become fat. I will make it so!

But there are potential problems with this plan, which I've detailed in a Tumblr post here if you're interested. One of them is that I'm nervous about how my co-workers, friends, and family will react to me gaining weight, which I plan/expect to happen fairly slowly (30 pounds by the end of the year is my goal right now).

Old problem, I know, which is why I'm hoping some of you have stories to share and advice to give about people who have known you for a while suddenly noticing that you've gained some weight over the past few months. Do they say anything? How often are they rude or "helpful" (I know a diet my cousin swears by)? How often do they just say "Oh, how about that"?

Also, in my case I have ready-made "excuses" at my disposal: I'm 30 years old and both sides of my family (including both parents) include very fat people. If I wanted to I could brush off a lot of the comments with "You should see my dad! It's actually surprising I'm not even fatter than I already am."

Oh, and I should mention that I am extremely introverted. I won't really be able to be confrontational as a SOP. I'm more interested in deflecting any judgement or criticism, rather than striking back at it.
Ravens-son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics
Default Go for It and Don't Worry

As someone who has slowly and steadily gained 130 lbs. (from 170 to 300) I can honestly tell you I don't think people will comment much. A couple of friends would pat my belly and say "My don't you look healthy" or "You certainly have been enjoying yourself". I just let it be known that: a) I love to eat; b) diets never work for me, and c) I'm just enjoying life and letting nature take its course. So if someone is as bold enough to say "My your getting fat", just respond "Yes I am. I love to eat and I am enjoying myself". With a positive attitude, you won't hear a comment again. With 70% of Americans now overweight or obese I don't think you will get many comments at all. I too have many overweight members of my extended family so it never comes up. So enjoy the ride. I found I loved the weight gain journey.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #3
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

In my experience family are more likely to be negative about weight gain than friends. My suggestion is to just ignore it but you probably have your own ways of dealing with it. Strangers are the ones that are likely to be rude.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #4
Ravens-son

Ravens-son has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
In my experience family are more likely to be negative about weight gain than friends. My suggestion is to just ignore it but you probably have your own ways of dealing with it. Strangers are the ones that are likely to be rude.
Guess it's a good thing there are other fat people in my family. Just genetics taking its course (they don't need to know I'm gaining on purpose).
Ravens-son is offline   Reply With Quote