Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 06-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #1
Sidewinder

Sidewinder can now change their title
Default Perfection Frustration

Hi folks,

Im looking for a bit of guidance here, recently estranged from a long long relationship with a petite girl that didnt meet my needs physically I'm looking to settle down with the right girl.

Im a handsome successful guy, im open and caring, and fun to be with.

However I have a problem, no girl is ever good enough, and its driving me crazy, I keep meeting these beautiful voluptuous ladies, with fabulous minds, and beautiful bodies, but my years and years of fantasising about the perfect BBW has programmed me to reject a girl if she doesn't look like the perfect BBW, not too big, not too small, very big bust, very round ass, very pretty face.

On paper this all seems completely irrational, Im sure ive dated girls that could have made me really happy if i could have overcome these images in my minds eye, and I fear this pattern is going to lead to lonliness but i just cannot overcome the thoughts, if she doesnt look like my fantasy everything goes to pot.

Does anyone else suffer from this? How do i overcome it?

Any help much appreciated
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
IrishBard
womble/leprechaun hybrid!

IrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 clubIrishBard is a member of the 500 club

there really are no easy ways to get used to it, mate. It's unfortunately the case that the "Perfect girl" for a lot of people just doesn't exist. It's hard when you have spent so long fantasising about a "the one" to accept anyone else, really, and I get that. Sometimes you go on auto-pilot, and it's hurtful for both you and the people around you.

However, it's the way it goes, and things may surprise you. Fantasising about perfection is only based on what you know and what you have experienced, and with each new relationship adds to that experience. The idea of perfection may seem like it's set in stone, but it's ultimately as malleable as any other concept.

When I approach a girl I don't have a set idea of what "perfection" is, but instead I look for certain qualities. Whilst some are set in stone, others are more flexible, and so I'd happily consider a girl under 150lbs on the table as long as I'm having a good time with her, we held similar beliefs and she was up for it.

Ultimately, I can't advise you any more than to just go out there and have fun, because that'll give you new perspectives on life and who your "Perfect girl" really is.

Playing with everything (tee hee!) *eliminated*

Nip~pah!*eliminated*

what would judas do? *eliminated*

pro-violins: I hit people with violins if they're stupid
IrishBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:30 PM   #3
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I would say try experimenting with girls that are close to your ideal, and slowly work your way down. List all the traits you find make the ideal girl, and if you are able, list them in order based on importance. Then search around. Ideally this should go for personality traits as well, as they can sometimes transcend the physical.

You have the ultimately decide how far you want to go. I don't imply that this is easy though.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #4
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Ideally this should go for personality traits as well, as they can sometimes transcend the physical.
I agree. In your post, you seem to be strongly fixated on physical appearance. If you're truly looking for someone to settle down with, remember that youth and beauty are fleeting. In twenty years, she won't look the same, and neither will you.

As Thomas Moore put it:

"It is not while beauty and and youth are thine own,
And thy cheek undismayed by a tear,
That the fervor and faith of a soul can be known,
Which with time shall but make thee more dear.
Yes, the heart that has truly loved never forgets,
But as truly loves on to the close,
As the sunflower turns on her god as he sets
The same look that she gave when he rose."
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #5
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There is a theory that sometimes an individual seeks out flaws in others subconsciously, while desiring perfection, because they themselves do not feel 'good enough' and therefore sabotage their own happiness.

EDT: I'm a bit surprised that I saw Abraham Hicks in your 'likes' while you're struggling with this issue. Universal abundance is always expanding but it's still up to us to accept that and believe that we will receive what we believe which goes back to the 'not good enough' theory above. Like attracts like. Be the person you want to attract and you'll find the partner who loves and fulfills you.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.

Last edited by CastingPearls; 06-08-2012 at 09:30 PM.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:37 AM   #6
Sidewinder

Sidewinder can now change their title

Thanks for your really thoughtful replies, Casting Pearls; I think you could be right about my own feelings of not being good enough sabotaging relationships, I think that is likely at the core of the problem.

I need to just let myself go and enjoy the moment rather than thinking the grass is greener over there. I just need to commit to the next one that is nearly right, and get through the pain barrier, otherwise I will likely never experience real, unconditional love. I'm nowhere near perfect after all, I seem to forget that!
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 09:58 AM   #7
gythaogg

gythaogg can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesgythaogg can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Thanks for your really thoughtful replies, Casting Pearls; I think you could be right about my own feelings of not being good enough sabotaging relationships, I think that is likely at the core of the problem.

I need to just let myself go and enjoy the moment rather than thinking the grass is greener over there. I just need to commit to the next one that is nearly right, and get through the pain barrier, otherwise I will likely never experience real, unconditional love. I'm nowhere near perfect after all, I seem to forget that!
Something I've been reading a lot lately that might help you: the grass is greenest where it's watered. Obviously in a barren landscape (or with someone you're very unattracted to physically) that won't work, but the most satisfying emotional and physical relationships are the ones you invest in deeply and tend to, not the (nonexistent) ones where you find total physical/grass perfection.
gythaogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #8
ClashCityRocker
Outer Space Potato Man

ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ClashCityRocker has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default yeah

i used to suffer from that. i've found that serious examination of self is pretty vital to getting past it..by recognizing personal flaws the concept of "perfection" appears increasingly superficial and it's easier to move around and be you..and i'm pretty confident that just being oneself is what attracts the RIGHT one. give me a few more years to get it down pat and i'll tell you if it worked out..hahah

i hope that helped a bit!
Old 06-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #9
MrRabbit

MrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMrRabbit can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

You know, I am a big fan of big, soft hanging bellies but none of the women I had a relationship with, had one. That was kind of frustrating to me as well, because I had met these wonderful, big women that I was totally crazy about, but they didn't meet that one "criterion" of my physical needs.

But I discovered that what was much more important than a big hanging belly is that I had to let go of some of my built-in inhibitions to loving a partner's fat bits and just indulge in all the soft places of my partner. Once I was with a partner with whom I was comfortable enough to really indulge and touch, grab, kneed and caress her fat bits to mine (and her) liking, sex just got so much better and I didn't need this perfect belly anymore. Of course, sometimes I am still longing to how it would be to hold such belly, but it is no source of frustration anymore. Now I can just enjoy my lovely partner and her not-perfect-but-beautiful body!
MrRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #10
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

I agree with what the others said re: letting go if your standards are unreasonable.

It could also well be that you haven't met someone who is right for you, with whom everything just feels so natural and wonderful that you probably won't even notice or care that she is not 100% your physical ideal. When you are in love, she becomes everything you want.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #11
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
How do i overcome it?

Any help much appreciated
It's easy. If you find Ms. Perfect, she's probably looking for Mr. Perfect and you won't measure up.

As others have said, you need to examine yourself. Look for compatibility not standards. When I met my ex wife, the first thing I noticed was that I could learn something from her, her knowledge of birds was amazing. While a BBW, her body was not my idea of perfection. But we did find a lot of things that we enjoyed talking about which led to a 20 year conversation.

You have to be flexible, she will open you up a lot and show you parts of yourself you never knew.

Find someone you can root for in life.