Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 AM   #1
JerseyGirl07093
Stick a fork in me

JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!JerseyGirl07093 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Getting smaller and smaller!

No, I'm not talking about me, I'm talking about those "fun size" packs of candy. Years ago they used to have 10 "fun size" bars in a pack. Then they were down to eight. Recently I went to the store and there were only 6 bars in a pack. What's next, one larger "fun size" bar per package?! We already have that...it's called a candy bar!
Anyone else notice this?
How do they expect me to stay fat when they are keeping chocolate from me?!

You're your own standard of beauty. There's no one else in the world who looks like you, so how can you compare yourself to anyone else? - Stacy London
JerseyGirl07093 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:06 AM   #2
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

They've been doing this type of thing for decades. . They're just more blatant about it now. So many examples. .coffee used to be a pound, now it's about 11 ounces. How about mayo? (Hellmans comes to mind) Candy has been a given, they reduce the size of the package and you get less for the same money, or more. . They used to try to not be too obvious. I realize you have to make a profit, but really?
Old 07-21-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The late Stephen Jay Gould once wrote a classic article called "Phyletic Size Decrease in Hershey Bars"in which he demonstrated that, as the size of Hershey bars had shrunk over the years, their cost had increased. Extrapolating fom this, he predicted that as the size of the candy bar approached zero its cost would approach infinity, if I remember right.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I noticed this of ice cream. It keeps getting smaller but way more expensive. And the Dryer's Slow Churned.. it's just whipped ice cream, so less ice cream but you feel special cuz it's a different kind. (hubs pointed that one out to me)

OH and the so called Family Size of potato chips.. they used to be HUGE now they are about the same size as the regular large bag..
Old 07-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #5
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I noticed this of ice cream. It keeps getting smaller but way more expensive. And the Dryer's Slow Churned.. it's just whipped ice cream, so less ice cream but you feel special cuz it's a different kind. (hubs pointed that one out to me)

OH and the so called Family Size of potato chips.. they used to be HUGE now they are about the same size as the regular large bag..
I just noticed this for sure the other day!! I was buying for a get-together, and I kept looking up and down the aisle for the "family bag" by size, and I was honestly shocked by the decrease. If the family Size was not on the bag, I would have missed it completely. Even the quarter bag (now 3 for a dollar or sometimes even 2 for a dollar) snack sizes are smaller. Boo!

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote