Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-20-2010, 08:04 PM   #26
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
Too bad you didn't take pictures of it all....so you could have sent them to the guys who bailed and added "This is what I cooked for you, and you missed it!" What they did totally sucks I'm sure they didn't see things the same way you did, or they wouldn't have bailed without notice, but they need to learn to think through from more than one point of view.

Well, I hope next time you get ambitious with your cooking, it is for people who show up!
Haha, well Im glad that at least one guy was able to enjoy it, and from what I heard, the rest of them enjoyed the leftovers!

They didn't mean to bail, just didnt get around to calling me. We've made up and Im making them dinner again on Thursday! They're such good friends, so I forgave them. I'd say they're pretty lucky to have me!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 02:13 PM   #27
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
omg its only the most foodgasmic cake EVER. Saw the recipe on tv, tried it and have been wowing people ever since!

here's the recipe!
Thank you for sharing the recipe. I love pecans and I love the taste of Bailey's Irish Cream, but can't drink it because it gives me instant agita. However, I do think that would not be a problem if it is baked into the cake. And since I already own a bundt pan, I really need to try this cake. Thanks again!
D_A_Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 10:05 AM   #28
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
"...jambalaya with turkey kielbasa and shrimp. garlic-cheddar biscuits...Irish cream cake for dessert!

...only one of the guys was actually there! Everyone else bailed on me and didnt even let me know! But the one guy that was there (amazing guy ) loved it and ate a ton.

But it wasn't a total bust, because later on some hungry, dirty hippies stopped over and ate the leftovers!

...I know I'll be making them dinner again (and again and again)!
"
I'm thinking of a Lasagna or Moussaka. Or some sort of hybrid. This is mainly because virtually all of the work is in the preparation. And, yet still, you can break this into even more manageable increments without compromising quality. Also, it will tend to execute very well, even if serving is extended over a very long time period. i.e., Once organized, you can literally throw it together in under 15 minutes. Once assembled, you can even bake it a little, just to increase tightness/hold and get it to emulsify a bit, reducing your eventual cooking time. From there, you can refrigerate it, or even freeze it. Also, you can modulate the ratio of surface area to thickness such that a relatively large amount can be piping hot-ready in less than 15 minutes or so.

And you can customize it in what seems like an infinite number of ways to whatever effect you like. I mean, if these guys are likely to be happy to have anything hot & savory to eat, it could be an opportunity for you to begin to think about experimenting with some ingredient(s) (and not necessarily either local or exotic) that you may just happen to come across in some abundance or that you already have on hand, but just wouldn't normally think to use in quite this way: e.g., pumpkin or sweet potatoes or turnips or beets. But here, I would also try to remember to try to plan ahead a little in order to anticipate just what would go best with that particular ingredient. First, so that, when I really set down to working, I have on hand the other ancillary components that really best accentuates that flavor or idea (e.g. I always seem to associate either honey or fresh rosemary with sweet potatoes or fresh mint with lamb). But also so that I don't end up just throwing anything & everything in there, as tempting as it might become....
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 06:58 PM   #29
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

For guys, generally anything involving meat works, at least with the guys I know. Jambalaya sure would work; don't most jambalaya recipes involve sausage of some sort?

I have also baked homemade bread for my gaming group, of which I am the only female member unless one guy's wife plays. It gets eaten up. We usually do a potluck lunch. One of our members is a former chef-turned-alcohol salesman because of the recession, and he always brings wine.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:00 PM   #30
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

lol @ this two year old thread being resurrected.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote