Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 06-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
That Guy You Met Once

That Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging in
Default I have a fast metabolism.

Is there any way to slow it down - at least enough to gain 50 or 60 lbs.?

That would help me both gain and save money on food, which I REALLY need.

(Or at least, what can I do to gain despite it?.)
That Guy You Met Once is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

As I see it you have two options:
  1. Find creative ways to get more calories into your body like reading labels and altering your diet accordingly, drinking more calories, and eating more simple sugars, fats, and carbs.
  2. Kill your metabolism. Reduce physical activity to nothing, go a few days eating as little as possible to get your body into famine mode, etc.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:20 AM   #3
Seiger23

Seiger23 has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
As I see it you have two options:
  1. Find creative ways to get more calories into your body like reading labels and altering your diet accordingly, drinking more calories, and eating more simple sugars, fats, and carbs.
  2. Kill your metabolism. Reduce physical activity to nothing, go a few days eating as little as possible to get your body into famine mode, etc.
Is this really good advice to be giving? I suppose gaining weight in general isnt exactly healthy... But destroying your own metabolism isnt really a good plan.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #4
That Guy You Met Once

That Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging inThat Guy You Met Once makes people happy simply by logging in

True, I suppose.

I don't want to completely kill my own metabolism, but I do wish there was a way to gradually slow it down a bit now instead of waiting until it sharply drops somewhere in my 30s.
That Guy You Met Once is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
Dex

Dex can now change their title

CAUTION....Reading this label will slow down your metabolism! Never heard of that one before.
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #6
ChubbyBlackSista
Master Member

ChubbyBlackSista can now change their title

Just stop exercising and lay around all day long
ChubbyBlackSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
tubby

tubby has said some nice things

How old are you? If you are in your teens/early 20s it will slow down on its own pretty substantially. Also, incorporate calorie-dense foods into your diet like oils and peanut butter/nutella that you can add to normal food. And of course, always buy in bulk!
tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 03:33 AM   #8
nancymobley73

nancymobley73 has said some nice things

Have you tried counting ur calories intake in a day? I did start recording my calories and gradually increased the intake. Once you start gaining weight don't forget to hit the gym! if not it will turn to flabby fat!
nancymobley73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #9
MadLordOfMilk

MadLordOfMilk can now change their title

While the first thought is "eat more," your body would probably just adjust to it and more or less cancel it out - makes things tough!

Short of the obvious (looking for higher-calorie foods, etc.), you could try making your food intake inconsistent. That is, alternating between "normal" amounts of food and intense binging. Hypothetically, that could keep your body from getting used to more calories per day, though I'm not sure if there'd be any notable health issues if you kept that up long term. Nothing comes to mind, but it's always something you should consider.

If it doesn't work... well, at least you got to binge?
MadLordOfMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
fat hiker

fat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions communityfat hiker is a pillar of the Dimensions community

And try to take in more calories by drinking - replace water with fruit juice, 1% milk with 2%, buy those frosted cappucinos and add the whipped cream.

Seriously, calories you drink don't make you feel full like calories you eat, so its easier to take in more of them.
Old 08-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #11
Stuffingkit

Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Stuffingkit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Seriously, I have the same problem. I was an Athlete in high school, and That metabolism is killing my gain! I have to eat minimum 3800 cals a day to maintain, other wise I start losing weight really fast. Like, it makes me really sad! I got to 300 spring this year, and I was so excited I wasnt paying as much attention to my diet, and I lost 20lbs without noticing! Since then I have been eating like crazy and gaining it back fast(My last weigh-in I was SO close!!!)

So any suggestions help! (Weight gain shake recipes especially!!!)
Stuffingkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
palndrm

palndrm can now change their title

I've posted this elsewhere but the best weigh gain shake I've made for gaining women (according to them) consists of:
1 pint melted, cold premium vanilla or chocolate ice cream
1 envelope Scandishake weight gain powder (it's the best tasting, though expensive)
1 half-pint heavy cream
1/4 cup vegetable oil, or more (tasteless but boosts the cals and fat)

If drunk as a regular shake, you can use any ice cream you wish, like very fattening peanut butter fudge, etc.

If sucked through a tube attached to a hydration bag (as I have usually done), add enough half & half to make it easy to suck through the tube.

Total cals: 2,720 Total fat grams: 231

It packs a punch. Good luck and have fun!
palndrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:34 PM   #13
palndrm

palndrm can now change their title

Here's a very fattening and easy take on chocolate mousse passed along to me by a female feeder who gained quite a bit.

2 packages instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
1 cup whole milk
3 cups heavy cream

Mix pudding in the whole milk and one cup of cream. Blend until smooth. Then slowly add the remaining two cups of cream and blend until smooth and stiffly peaked. 5 servings. Total calories: 3,350, Total fat: 296 grams. Per 1 cup serving: 670 calories and 59 fat grams.

To make even more fun, I pipe into a feedee's mouth with a pastry bag. One feeding liked eating it from a big bowl (her "trough"). Otherwise, just beach yourself on the couch with a big bowl of it after a pizza and wing dinner and watch movies.
palndrm is offline   Reply With Quote