Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 08-06-2012, 07:58 AM   #51
PinkPoodle

PinkPoodle can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesPinkPoodle can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I find that the things I've broken (chairs, mostly) have been of poor quality and would have broken anyway. They just broke a little quicker due to the strain of my weight. I don't think it's a question of the world being made for us. I think it's a question of people constructing things half-ass to save money.
PinkPoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #52
seavixen
Ditz Extraordinaire

seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!seavixen has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPoodle View Post
I find that the things I've broken (chairs, mostly) have been of poor quality and would have broken anyway. They just broke a little quicker due to the strain of my weight. I don't think it's a question of the world being made for us. I think it's a question of people constructing things half-ass to save money.
This is true. My husband is no more than a little chubby, but he's broken more chairs than I have.. just because they suck to begin with, and I'm more careful.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #53
Dominique

Dominique has said some nice things

I am sure it was probably already broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSizedAngie View Post
Well, like so many other days, I managed to break something on accident with my weight.

Except that today it was a bus. I was climbing off one of the city buses, put my foot down on the last step, and just had the whole darn thing give way completely. It snapped in two, causing me to slip. I'm perfectly alright, not hurt at all, but the bus is, the step will have to be replaced before it can be used again and ummm, hopefully I will not end up with the bill.

Sometimes I just get so frustrated when stuff like this happens. I never know how to feel when a whole bunch of strangers see me accidentally break furniture or whatever at restaurants, and my first reaction is to usually run far away very quickly, just like I did today.

What do you girls do in situations like this?
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote