Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 10-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #51
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODFFA View Post
Here are some results of just having some much needed fun today - nothing serious

Singing along to Light The Shade by Xavier Rudd
DUUUUUDE!! ;-) that was awesome. Digging the song choice and loving your voice.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #52
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's been a while since I posted something here, so I thought I'd put this one out there into the ether. It's a song that I have been writing off and on for about 2 years that I'm kind of tired of fooling with. It's had several different incarnations and verses and these are the ones that seem to have stuck. At least they are the ones I'm going with because I don't feel like working on this one anymore. It wound up being about wanting someone that doesn't want you back. So here it is, Shine Your Light.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #53
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
It's been a while since I posted something here, so I thought I'd put this one out there into the ether. It's a song that I have been writing off and on for about 2 years that I'm kind of tired of fooling with. It's had several different incarnations and verses and these are the ones that seem to have stuck. At least they are the ones I'm going with because I don't feel like working on this one anymore. It wound up being about wanting someone that doesn't want you back. So here it is, Shine Your Light.
I can only imagine how draining this must be.

I took a page out of Leo's book and decided to write something myself. It's something I've been putting off and have been really scared to attack. After my amazing weekend meeting musicians that I admire, and listening to their advice I decided to give it a whirl.

So here is the first song I've ever written words or music for.

Two guitar tracks two vocal tracks, two Melodica tracks and one lonely tambourine track. All played by me.

http://soundcloud.com/hozayjgarseeya/6am
Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #54
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hozay J Garseeya View Post
I can only imagine how draining this must be.

I took a page out of Leo's book and decided to write something myself. It's something I've been putting off and have been really scared to attack. After my amazing weekend meeting musicians that I admire, and listening to their advice I decided to give it a whirl.

So here is the first song I've ever written words or music for.

Two guitar tracks two vocal tracks, two Melodica tracks and one lonely tambourine track. All played by me.

http://soundcloud.com/hozayjgarseeya/6am
Nah, not too draining when your a hack. You just say screw it and move on to the next one and hope you do it a little better.

Anyways, moving right along. Your song is very good. You have definitely been influenced and have studied some good songwriters. Your melody was nice and your storytelling was concise and structured well. Nice work Hozay!

Now, forget about this one and go write more. There is nothing better than wátching an idea grow into a fully created song. It's slightly addicting.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #55
warwagon86
All Over The World

warwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticedwarwagon86 never has a post go unnoticed

I dont think I have any partiuclar talents lol quite bad when I think about it!

I am good with my hands (and not just in that way lol) but I have always enjoyed painting and writing!

Thanks for this thread I have been away too long and you just gave me the kick up the arse I needed!

I am going to start writing again!
Old 11-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #56
f0nzw0rth

f0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized rep

Do they do stand up on that show?
well anyway, heres a vid of me "working" lol
hope you guys enjoy! (sorry for the quality)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZmJzTaWu90
f0nzw0rth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #57
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0nzw0rth View Post

Nice set dude! You were killing pretty well.

You were opening for Florentine? That's way cool. Him and that whole group he came up with are my favorite guys. Norton, and Kelly, and Voss and not to forget the late great Patrice Oneal. Pretty much all the comics on the O&A show.
Old 11-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #58
f0nzw0rth

f0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized repf0nzw0rth has super-sized rep

Quote:
Nice set dude! You were killing pretty well.

You were opening for Florentine? That's way cool. Him and that whole group he came up with are my favorite guys. Norton, and Kelly, and Voss and not to forget the late great Patrice Oneal. Pretty much all the comics on the O&A show.
Thanks man! Yeah I was opening for Florentine..He's the first guy to really give me a shot..he took me on the road with him and we did about 20 shows together...Ive worked with Voss but only met Norton and Kelly...All really nice guys
Old 11-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #59
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Thanks man! Yeah I was opening for Florentine..He's the first guy to really give me a shot..he took me on the road with him and we did about 20 shows together...Ive worked with Voss but only met Norton and Kelly...All really nice guys
Cool. Well keep it up man. You have the material, chase that dream!
Old 11-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #60
f0nzw0rth

Quote:
Cool. Well keep it up man. You have the material, chase that dream!
Thanks a lot man. I appreciate it.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:33 PM   #61
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Quote:

hahaha, awesome stuff man. Really enjoyed it.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #62
f0nzw0rth

Quote:
Thanks dude!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #63
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Don't forget about your songs either, I'll look forward to hearing more of your writing, as you put more out that is!
Old 11-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #64
Mackrracker

Mackrracker can now change their title

about all i am good at

my tru love ... art

sry for the spam .. and this is my 1st post here ... ppl seem kool .. hope to meet some interesting folks
Mackrracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #65
bremerton
uses ALL the buffalo

bremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized repbremerton has super-sized rep

^^ i love the roses! semi artist hack whatever here, i cannot draw roses for the life of me.
bremerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #66
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Bump.

A buddy of mine posted an awesome status update on Facebook tonight (well, I thought it was funny) so for kicks I put it to music...For those keeping count, this is solo "band" #3 for me. I'm calling this punk project "Ketone Militia"...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9178790/Ket...ZA%20BLUES.mp3
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #67
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrracker View Post
about all i am good at ...

... my tru love ... art

sry for the spam .. and this is my 1st post here ... ppl seem kool .. hope to meet some interesting folks
Welcome. Nice work dude. I wish your shop was nearby, I'd come in for some work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
A buddy of mine posted an awesome status update on Facebook tonight (well, I thought it was funny) so for kicks I put it to music...For those keeping count, this is solo "band" #3 for me. I'm calling this punk project "Ketone Militia"...

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/9178790/Ket...ZA%20BLUES.mp3
Nice. You've got more side projects going than Dave Grohl.

At least though you stay close to your main sound, I wrote some songs over this holiday break, one is a country strummer, one is a rough acoustic/electric thing that sounds grungy alt rock, and another is a sludgy, dark, Zep influenced blues/rock riff. I'm schizo when it comes to genres I guess.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #68
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Well, I figured I'd resurrect this thread. I have tried my hand at not only writing a song, but doing a full band work up of one. Here is the first one. I waffled on posting it, but in the end said screw it. I like having something out there warts and all that I can go back to and see how far I've come and what progress I can make. I also like seeing where the creative process can go and what skill can be gained along the way. So, without further ado, here is my newest offering, that pretty much all me Guitars- Me, Bass- Me, Vocals- Unfortunately Me, and Drums- programmed by EZ Drummer.

Undone
Old 01-08-2013, 08:32 PM   #69
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Well, I figured I'd resurrect this thread. I have tried my hand at not only writing a song, but doing a full band work up of one. Here is the first one. I waffled on posting it, but in the end said screw it. I like having something out there warts and all that I can go back to and see how far I've come and what progress I can make. I also like seeing where the creative process can go and what skill can be gained along the way. So, without further ado, here is my newest offering, that pretty much all me Guitars- Me, Bass- Me, Vocals- Unfortunately Me, and Drums- programmed by EZ Drummer.

Undone
I was finally able to listen to this on a decent sound set up, great job!! You did all the mixing? It's a pain, isn't it? Lol!

If you ever want a second set of ears to take a crack at mastering anything after you mixdown, feel free to let me know.

Glad to bump this thread.
Old 01-10-2013, 03:13 PM   #70
Buffetbelly
Nosh, destroyer of snacks

Buffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 clubBuffetbelly is a member of the 500 club

Here's a BHM who has a lot of talent as a musical instrument:

http://www.collegehumor.com/embed/68...talk-drum-solo
Buffetbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #71
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
I was finally able to listen to this on a decent sound set up, great job!! You did all the mixing? It's a pain, isn't it? Lol!

If you ever want a second set of ears to take a crack at mastering anything after you mixdown, feel free to let me know.

Glad to bump this thread.
Thanks dude! Yep I did the mixing too, but I'll not lie. It was pretty easy, because luckily for me, I'm a good enough for me kind of guy and not a pure audiophile.

Also, I have some pretty good native plugin mixtools in my DAW, Presonus Studio One, that and EZ Mix 2. They both have pretty good presets that need very little tweaking to dial in. Plus I invested in some decent powered monitors and as a secondary use for mixing also some good headphones so that I have a couple different ways of listening to the mix to get the levels right.

But I know a lot of different ears can make a mix even better so I may just take you up on your kind offer! I appreciate it.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #72
mnieuwol

mnieuwol has said some nice things

Heres my bands demo! We just released it! Hope you all like! You just have copy and paste the url, and its all up for free download!!

http://soundcloud.com/thedukes-1/set...-scuba-country
mnieuwol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #73
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Here is the other one I was working on. It fits slightly better in my range vocally, but it still is not what I'd call good. I really hope to find a decent vocalist to collaborate with at some point. Anyways, same deal as before, all guitars and bass are me, vocals are me, and the drums are programmed.

A Damn Good Run
Old 01-12-2013, 04:40 PM   #74
LeoGibson
Slangin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnieuwol View Post
Heres my bands demo! We just released it! Hope you all like! You just have copy and paste the url, and its all up for free download!!

http://soundcloud.com/thedukes-1/set...-scuba-country
Sounds good. I like the aggro sound that a tight two-piece can get. Nice work dude.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #75
MattB

Default Metal!

Finally posted the first preview track from my metal band's next CD on Soundcloud. I still have work to do on leads and some vocals on the rest of it, but this particular song is pretty much done. If you like groups like Cradle Of Filth, At The Gates, or pretty much anything Swedish, you may be into this...

https://soundcloud.com/crossedstream...ng-the-rectory

Lyrics are in the poetry thread.