Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 11-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
pbgainer

pbgainer has said some nice things
Default Question--My goal is...

My goal is 300 pounds. I'm at 260 right now. I've gained 50 pounds this year--and I've developed a pretty heavy eating schedule. I've gained steadily--an average of about a pound a week.

But... here's my question...

Right now I'm "pushing it a bit"... I.e. I eat sometimes "just because" -- driven by a desire to gain. Once I reach my goal weight--in your experience--does the weight stay on---even if you let up a bit on the "stuffing"? Don't get me wrong--I enjoy eating and snacking---I'll always be a foodie----I'm just curious to hear from others here how easy is it maintain weight. I have this fear that if I slack off on my eating I'll lose weight. I guess I'm just interested in hearing some personal experiences in this area.

Thanks!
pbgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 02:29 PM   #2
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hard to say, you will probably loose a little if you slack off. In my experience my appetite grew as I gained. I wanted to eat more and more often. You'll just have to roll with it. good luck and happy eats
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:20 PM   #3
pbgainer

AmyJo... thanks so much. Question.... I think I remember reading a post from you about the changes you experienced going from 250 to 300... Is my memory correct? If yes---would you mind sharing about that here? I'm totally interested.

Thanks...
Old 11-15-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

When you eat to excess for a while, your stomach stretches and needs more food to alleviate hunger pangs.
Don't worry, it's a lot easier to gain and maintain, than lose.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:27 PM   #5
pbgainer

Thanks Marlayna...

Ya... I get that.

My only concern is that Ithink I may have stretched my stomach out to an extent that I have a 600 pound appetite I.e. that I'll blow right by 300... the reason I don't want to go past 300 is health and mobility---I love to work out and walk...and I'm afraid that if I go past 300 I'll loose some ability to move ... but my appetite seems to do nothing but get bigger... and the more I eat (as you said) the more I want to eat....

I guess it's all about getting a grip... But dog-gone it, I love food!

Thanks,
pbg
Old 11-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
Marlayna

Marlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMarlayna is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbgainer View Post
Thanks Marlayna...

Ya... I get that.

My only concern is that Ithink I may have stretched my stomach out to an extent that I have a 600 pound appetite I.e. that I'll blow right by 300... the reason I don't want to go past 300 is health and mobility---I love to work out and walk...and I'm afraid that if I go past 300 I'll loose some ability to move ... but my appetite seems to do nothing but get bigger... and the more I eat (as you said) the more I want to eat....

I guess it's all about getting a grip... But dog-gone it, I love food!

Thanks,
pbg
Yeah, we all love food..... Maybe you've already reached your "goal" and should just try to maintain that.
Marlayna is offline   Reply With Quote