Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

View Poll Results: My suit is...
Made specifically for me from whole cloth. (Bespoke) 5 16.13%
Custom tailored from a fabric template. 2 6.45%
Off the rack, tailored to my measurements. 5 16.13%
Off the rack, sleeves and slacks hemmed. 4 12.90%
Off the rack, basic fitting only 0 0%
Off the rack, unfitted. 2 6.45%
Pieced together from separate elements, 2 6.45%
I do not own a suit but wish I did. 8 25.81%
I do not own a suit and don't care. 3 9.68%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #1
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Suits!

For the men: Sartorially speaking, what sort of suit is in your closet? If you own more than one, use your best outfit to answer the poll.

For the ladies: Please answer if you own a suit. If you don't own a suit, you can answer anyway. It's a free country. Or at least I hope it is, wherever you live.
Old 12-15-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
MrBob

MrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging inMrBob makes people happy simply by logging in

I've got a couple of Off the Peg single breasted suits and a Tux in my wardrobe. I would like to go and get a proper made to measure Saville Row suit one day as I do look pretty badass when suited and booted.
MrBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It occurs to me that this thread is useless without pics. I'll have to dig out a pic of me in a suit.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:33 AM   #4
sarahe543

sarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized rep

my man wore a tux last weekend and he looked adorable
sarahe543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #5
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahe543 View Post
my man wore a tux last weekend and he looked adorable
You have a man? I didn't know!
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:08 PM   #6
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My suit is off the rack, but went through a few rounds of tailoring. It looks spiffy.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have a couple blazers and some slacks I can mix and match, but usually get worn with boots and nice jeans most of the time. I have one suit off the rack but then tailored to fit myself in particular, but it has been so long since I wore it I don't believe it will still fit, as I have grown a bit in stature since then.

Here is a shot of myself in a tux from a couple of years ago, however it is a rental and not mine.

Last edited by LeoGibson; 01-18-2013 at 06:23 PM.
LeoGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #8
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoGibson View Post
I have a couple blazers and some slacks I can mix and match, but usually get worn with boots and nice jeans most of the time. I have one suit off the rack but then tailored to fit myself in particular, but it has been so long since I wore it I don't believe it will still fit, as I have grown a bit in stature since then.

Here is a shot of myself in a tux from a couple of years ago, however it is a rental and not mine.
Dude, that tux and hat combo is bad ass

edit: Also the moustache
Old 12-15-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
Dude, that tux and hat combo is bad ass

edit: Also the moustache
Thanks. As you can see, it was a western themed wedding. Of all the tuxes I have ever worn over the years, this was my favorite. The picture doesn't show it, but the coat was actually more of a greatcoat that went down to just above the knee and the trousers were all button with attached suspenders and surprisingly comfortable as hell. We looked like we could have been extras on a Peckinpah film that day.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:03 PM   #10
sarahe543

sarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized repsarahe543 has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
You have a man? I didn't know!
yep I have mentioned him a few times, a big handsome chef
sarahe543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
balletguy

balletguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging inballetguy makes people happy simply by logging in

I am usually a jeans and cowboy boots kind of guy with a tee. But sadley I need to wear a suit @ work. I have a few off the rack, a few tailored ones as well. It is more about the colors for me. like the bright shirts and ties as well
balletguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:48 AM   #12
djudex
I'm out

djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!djudex has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I got too fat for my last suit, I have to buy a new one someday soon

"Quia Sic Dico"
djudex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #13
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't own a suit, but I do very much appreciate a man in one.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:15 PM   #14
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You didn't have an option for "off the rack, cuffs hemmed and waist/seat let out as far as they could go!"

My current suit (aka my weddings and funeral suit) is all of old, outdated, was never quite a flattering fit and is now rather snug. I'm targeting getting a semi-custom suit made next Spring, although who knows when I'll next wear a suit. Well, I have a couple of younger cousins who could get married over the next few years, and funerals will happen, I suppose.... In the tech industry, at least in North America, I don't think people even wear suits for interviews anymore.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 AM   #15
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't own a suit, and hope to never have one again. I hate structured clothing: most of the assumptions that went into drafting the pattern do not apply to my body. Also, polyester linings are gross. They're stiff and cold at first, then warm and moist.
I suppose, if I had a nice, well tailored suit, with a bemberg rayon lining, I'd actually like it, but if I had that kinda money, I'd go Lagenlook.