Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 11-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #26
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandasaur View Post
I do admit that I am mainly attracted to tall men. At times I do feel shallow dealing with friends who give me the 'beggars can't be choosers' speech, but I think everyone has a preference when it comes to attraction.

Oh to answer the question I did have a date with someone shorter (online he said he was 5'9 but ended up being 5'5). It ended badly, not because he was short or lied, but because he kept trying to stick his hand up my dress T_T
I was not embarrassed at all by his height....just the fondling
I find it disturbing that your friends have no problem with making you feel bad for having preferences (as I'm sure they do) simply because you may be a BBW and I feel bad for you that YOU feel guilty about that. Friends should encourage each other, not pick their choices apart.

That beings said, back to the topic: One of my favorite couples--he's 5'2 and she's 6'4 and they're deliriously happy.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:16 PM   #27
dharmabean
♥ ɢrтıтuɗɛ◦ɢӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've 5'2" ... pretty much everyone is taller than me; even my 16 yr old son at 6'2". Would I date a short man, sure. Would I date a taller man, sure.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #28
Pandasaur

Pandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I find it disturbing that your friends have no problem with making you feel bad for having preferences (as I'm sure they do) simply because you may be a BBW and I feel bad for you that YOU feel guilty about that. Friends should encourage each other, not pick their choices apart.
So true! As much as I love my friends, they have no business giving out relationship advice at all.
Stopping the conversation and stating 'I make my own decisions' has been kicking them off their soapbox lately =)
Pandasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:33 PM   #29
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm 5'4 and it's rare to meet a man shorter than I. I've dated and been in relationships with men from 5'4 to 6'4, from 150 to 300 pounds. Height / weight had nothing to do with my attraction. That said, there are other physical aspects that catch my eye and flip my switch, so I can't call anyone else shallow for not wanting to date outside of their preference. I certainly wouldn't want to date someone who didn't find me hot.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:46 PM   #30
StickMan
Two-Dimentional Character

StickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStickMan can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My own experiences are limited to being a short guy. (obviously) I've known a few BBWs who got turned down by guys (and girls) but it's never been because of their weight. Meanwhile, I've been told to my face that I'm too short for a given woman to date, by women I've asked out, and people offering dating advice. Again, only my own first and second-hand experience to go on, but I've definitely seen and felt more discrimination against short guys than against BBWs around here.
StickMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:49 PM   #31
bbwbud

bbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybbwbud is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
I'm 5'4 and it's rare to meet a man shorter than I. I've dated and been in relationships with men from 5'4 to 6'4, from 150 to 300 pounds. Height / weight had nothing to do with my attraction. That said, there are other physical aspects that catch my eye and flip my switch, so I can't call anyone else shallow for not wanting to date outside of their preference. I certainly wouldn't want to date someone who didn't find me hot.
Connie--Who wouldn't find you hot???
bbwbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #32
largenlovely
Still a Fat Girl lol

largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!largenlovely keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickMan View Post
My own experiences are limited to being a short guy. (obviously) I've known a few BBWs who got turned down by guys (and girls) but it's never been because of their weight. Meanwhile, I've been told to my face that I'm too short for a given woman to date, by women I've asked out, and people offering dating advice. Again, only my own first and second-hand experience to go on, but I've definitely seen and felt more discrimination against short guys than against BBWs around here.
Sorry to hear that. Some of us gals do prefer men to be on the short side though. We're out there lol
Old 12-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #33
Bedazzled

Bedazzled has said some nice things

I don' think it's shallow. I'm 5ft7 and while I'm not overly tall I do like to wear big heels and I feel weird being with a guy shorter that I am. I suppose it boils down to the fact that I like feeling protected. That's not to say that I wouldn't date a guy the same height - I just wouldn't wear heels.
Bedazzled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #34
Nexus78

Nexus78 can now change their title

I'm 5'9''. I tend to date women larger and either the same height or taller than myself. Not saying I wouldnt date shorter women but tall women seems like a turn on for me I guess.
Nexus78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:09 PM   #35
Jeeshcristina

Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Jeeshcristina has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedazzled View Post
I don' think it's shallow. I'm 5ft7 and while I'm not overly tall I do like to wear big heels and I feel weird being with a guy shorter that I am. I suppose it boils down to the fact that I like feeling protected. That's not to say that I wouldn't date a guy the same height - I just wouldn't wear heels.
This is something that I struggle with constantly. While I find men of all heights attractive, and I've even tried dating men as short as 5'4, I just...can't. I am already fat; then top that off with me being 6' and dating gets a lot more complicated. I feel really self conscious or uncomfortable if I'm already a lot heavier than my partner, so if I am towering over them as well I feel more like their mother than their girlfriend. Like you said, it's got a lot to do with wanting to feel protected and feminine. While I can date around 5'10-5'11, typically any shorter than that I just can't really be myself and don't feel comfortable. I tend to stay in the 6'2-6'5 range but I'd date someone a few inches shorter than me.
Jeeshcristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:57 PM   #36
Miskatonic
Advanced Killbot

Miskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging inMiskatonic makes people happy simply by logging in

I'm 5'6" and I have been told a few times that I'm simply not tall enough for a woman to have an interest. It can make you feel like less of a man to be short but there are worse things in life.

People have their preferences and someone shouldn't be made to feel bad just because they aren't attracted to someone for whatever reason. That being said, I don't think not being attracted to a fat girl is any more or less shallow than not being attracted to a short guy. It's still rejecting someone based on a physical trait either way.
Miskatonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:38 AM   #37
ecogeek

ecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized rep

Went out with a guy last week that was 5'3". While I am sure I was too fat for his tastes, his height wasn't a bother to me. I was laughing most of the evening at someone with an awesome sense of humor. Made it totally worth getting gussied up for.
ecogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #38
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

I think it is a bit shallow. People scoff at the word 'shallow', but it means what it means, not having much depth, in this case, having a low range in what one finds attractive. It is what it is. I can't really blame these folks, if there is no attraction there, there is no attraction there, point blank. You can't force attraction. Some people have a myopic sense of attraction, those who are only attracted to certain looks, but I can't knock them. However, my tastes run eclectic, I may be attracted to some cute, short, brown skinned dude or fall for a good looking, tall, bearded, white guy. I have dated both men shorter than me and taller than me. I just find men so attractive in their various ways.

As far as height, it can never be changed, unless a man wears heels, lol. Weight can fluctuate, height remains constant in adulthood. I don't think we should compare the plight of bbws to short men. Don't forget, bbws were seen as a sign of beauty throughout human history and even today, many still see voluptuousness as ideal. It's just Hollyweird that pushes that nonsense skinnyness ideal, which seems to be slowly changing. Curves will always be in!

Last edited by KittyKitten; 12-13-2012 at 10:26 AM.
KittyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 AM   #39
kilo riley

kilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging inkilo riley makes people happy simply by logging in

Women who won't date a guy under a certain height are just shallow bitches. Lets be honest. It shouldn't be any surprise these women are always single. Is a couple inches in height really the difference between being turned on by someone and not being turned on by them?

It can't be compared to having a thing for fat chicks or fat boys. That's a whole different aesthetic.
kilo riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #40
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKitten View Post
I think it is a bit shallow. People scoff at the word 'shallow', but it means what it means, not having much depth, in this case, having a low range in what one finds attractive. However, my tastes run eclectic, I may be attracted to some cute, short, brown skinned dude or fall for a good looking, tall, bearded, white guy. I have dated both men shorter than me and taller than me. I just find men so attractive in their various ways.
I wanted to rep you, for this, but alas I was unable to do so.. Hopefully sometime in the future...

I want to play the "Devil's Advocate" briefly. . share two life experiences I had, lets say.

One was going out on a date with a woman who in most cases would have been considered my "ideal" woman physically. . Yet it turned out to be a complete disaster . . (personality conflicts)

Another time a woman at college invited me to have coffee with her while we waited for our next classes. While she wasn't my "type" (too thin, too short, too much ink. This was in the 70's) I had two hours to kill, and agreed. We pooled our resources to have a pastry with that coffee. Had a great two hours and several incredible dates afterward. . Go figure!!

Speaking for myself, I know what I like, but I also know having an open mind, opened the door to an expanded universe. . Not saying it works for everyone, but in my case it did.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #41
I'm Not Zoidberg

I'm Not Zoidberg can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Height difference can certainly be adjusted for, when lying down!
True. But some of us are taller lying down than standing up!
I'm Not Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:36 AM   #42
melinda333
panda

melinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmelinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmelinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilo riley View Post
Women who won't date a guy under a certain height are just shallow bitches. Lets be honest. It shouldn't be any surprise these women are always single. Is a couple inches in height really the difference between being turned on by someone and not being turned on by them?

It can't be compared to having a thing for fat chicks or fat boys. That's a whole different aesthetic.
Both can be compared under the protective feeling. Big guy, little girl.

On topic. My boyfriend is 5'6, I'm 5'8. He doesn't mind and I wear 2 inch wedges all the time (they're comfortable). I think both cases are equally shallow.
melinda333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #43
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I feel bad for alot of short guys, i have heard alot of women say "if he is short or shorter then me i won't date him". :/
Old 12-24-2012, 06:18 PM   #44
b01

b01 does more than just post hot picsb01 does more than just post hot picsb01 does more than just post hot pics

I just want to point out that the National average height for a male is 5' 10.2", and for a female it's 5' 4.6". So unless your under these, can you really justify feeling short. Also, I'm of the opinion that more than 50% of men don't mind short woman.

While it's true that I prefer BBWs, if my woman lost all the weight, I'm NOT leaving her. That is just dumb. If I were single, it would also be stupid to pass up a great woman just because shes NOT a BBW. That just doesn't make sense, to not get with a person that makes you happy, and the only thing they are missing is a few pounds or inches, especially when happiness in a mate is hard to come by. There are a lot of people in the world, and life is short, you really don't have time to go jumping though a hundred different mates to find one that fits some made up idea in your head. If you feel you do, then good luck. I"m not saying that you should settle, but if you find someone that makes you happy, but is missing that one attraction your looking for in a mate, make sure its something you can't live without before you pass them up. I've heard too many stories at my young age about how people regret that they passed someone up because they were holding out on some silly idea.

Last edited by b01; 12-24-2012 at 06:30 PM.
b01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:33 PM   #45
flyingsolo101

flyingsolo101 does more than just post hot picsflyingsolo101 does more than just post hot picsflyingsolo101 does more than just post hot pics

I haven't told that I, personally, am too short for most women, but I've just been told very often by my female friends that they prefer taller men. It's not a big deal, just a preference, I understand, but it hinders me from even thinking about being with or talking to a girl who's even my height, or just a couple inches shorter.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #46
melinda333
panda

melinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmelinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmelinda333 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by b01 View Post
I just want to point out that the National average height for a male is 5' 10.2", and for a female it's 5' 4.6". So unless your under these, can you really justify feeling short.
National for what? United States? May I remind you this site is broader than that? I read this kind of statement all the time on the internet. I'm not from US, "my national average" is much much shorter than that. Being "the tall person" most places I go makes me want a taller man sometimes...
melinda333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:48 AM   #47
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

I don't know if you can judge which is more shallow, each get their fair share of people that aren't necessarily a fan, but I've always felt slightly shallow because I never wanted to date a man shorter than me, I LOVE LOVE LOVE tall men, I find it so attractive, and being with anyone shorter than me I just kinda feel weird (specifically since I'm tall, 5'9") - but my boyfriend now is about an inch or so shorter than me, and when it comes down to it I don't really mind. He's still very handsome!
x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #48
b01

b01 does more than just post hot picsb01 does more than just post hot picsb01 does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by melinda333 View Post
National for what? United States? May I remind you this site is broader than that? I read this kind of statement all the time on the internet. I'm not from US, "my national average" is much much shorter than that. Being "the tall person" most places I go makes me want a taller man sometimes...
Hey, its cool, the internet has you covered: http://www.disabled-world.com/artman...ht-chart.shtml
Old 01-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #49
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't know that one is worse than the other. It's all size discrimination in one sense, but when it comes to dating and mating there is also an aspect of attraction that is very personal and intrinsic. It's not necessarily about social attitudes, either. I wouldn't judge anyone based on their height, whether they're 3 ft. or 7 ft. tall. However, I'm really attracted to men who are considered 'short' when measured by that ridiculous, imaginary social yardstick. It's something that turns my head more often than anything else, and it probably always will.