Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum

Old 07-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default FA Myths Thread #15

"Female FAs are looking more for a daddy-substitute than a romantic partner. Male FAs have a mother complex."

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal

Last edited by Jon Blaze; 12-05-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Both false. I dated thin girls into my 20s so the whole mother complex doesnt apply at all.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:03 PM   #3
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Both my parents were rabid fatphobes, and I was raised on the gospel that, on the moral scale, fat people rank somewhere between drug pushers and child molesters. My mother died before I met my ex-wife, so she was spared the shame and degradation of a BB daughter-in-law. Nevertheless, I was not at all sure how my father would take it. He took it well. True, after he met my ex, he took me aside and said, "Son, your mother was never fat." To which I replied, "No, Dad, she never was." For some reason, that seemed to settle it. At any rate, he and I were agreed that I had not married a mother-substitute.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My mom is 5' and about 95 pounds, so the myth certainly doesn't apply to me.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

The myth does not apply to me either. My mother was very slim her whole life and I have been attracted to chubby and fat women since puberty. Its just the way I am wired and I love it.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
Weirdo890

Weirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityWeirdo890 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have never heard of that myth until now. It's weird what people can come up with to degrade a group of people.

"Conquer all, but one escapes
Govern all, but one dissents
Embark on genocide, and one shall rise to damn you."
- Jack Kirby "Hunger Dogs"

My YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wU24ty301nY
Weirdo890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

A mother complex? That's the first time I've ever heard of that myth.

My late mom was an averaged sized woman who never tried to make me into something I wasn't...like an athlete, for instance.

She and my Dad always let me be myself.

Dennis

Michelle (Read or Dream)
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:46 AM   #8
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Uh, no to both.

We are all influenced by our upbringing and experiences to different degrees, so this may be true for some people in relationships. I don't think it is more or less common for FAs.
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #9
superblooper

superblooper can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokessuperblooper can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I believe I have an Oedipal complex, so I guess that makes 1 of us.
superblooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Even though I love my mother, I'm DEFINITELY sure I don't have a mother complex. I've already established to myself and my dad that if, by some messed-up coincidence, I find someone, I need to do a background check on her and her family. My mom is kinda... nuts, to say it nicely.

Sooooo, yeah, this myth is true for some but not for all.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
Kenster102.5

Kenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKenster102.5 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I am 130 and 5'11'' my mother is about 105 lbs at 5'5'' and she used to do Phys Ed and running when she was in University. It certainly may not apply to the mother complex. Just a thin guy who though the chubby teachers were cute when he was in middle school.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #12
Steve373

Steve373 can now change their title

I don't fit this stereotype either !
Steve373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #13
Artemisia

Artemisia does more than just post hot picsArtemisia does more than just post hot picsArtemisia does more than just post hot pics

A logical fallacy based on the correlation of greater weight with age. It also erases fat men and women from the pool of common-wisdom 'sexy' people (who are usually young). Additionally, it assumes (as per the fatphobic typical) that there's no way a fat person can be found sexy, and therefore apparent sexual interest in a fat person must be a proxy for a true non-sexual reason.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #14
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
A logical fallacy based on the correlation of greater weight with age. It also erases fat men and women from the pool of common-wisdom 'sexy' people (who are usually young). Additionally, it assumes (as per the fatphobic typical) that there's no way a fat person can be found sexy, and therefore apparent sexual interest in a fat person must be a proxy for a true non-sexual reason.
What she said
Old 01-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #15
J_Underscore

J_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot picsJ_Underscore does more than just post hot pics

I literally just said "Who comes up with these" lol. What on earth was going through the person's mind that first thought that.

Anyway, my Mother has always been slim & is an avid weight watcher too. Not only that but my fiance has different hair colour & even ethnicity. You put my fiance next to my Mother and they couldn't look more different.
J_Underscore is offline   Reply With Quote