Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 01-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #1
Still Waters

Still Waters can now change their title
Default Happy relationship largest single cause of women's gain

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1896857.html

"Almost half (47%) of women gain more weight when in a happy relationship over any other life stage or experience including giving up smoking or even having a child." (and 36% of men)
Still Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 PM   #2
Still Waters

Still Waters can now change their title
Default and this one says 90%

90 percent of women gain weight when they settle down with a long term partner, a study revealed today. The average woman puts on 16l bs, with the majority (56 per cent) starting to gain weight just four to six months in to the relationship. This, according to the women polled, is when they reached the stage when they felt truly comfortable with their partner.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz2Iri9aldl
Still Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #3
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't really believe this. A lot of women I know (including myself at times) are emotional eaters. We actually tend to eat more when we are sad, down, bored or upset. When we are happy and in awesome relationships we tend to not eat as much and lose weight. In my experience it is usually MEN who gain in happy relationships and lose when upset... the opposite of women.

Yes, everyone is different but ask any woman near her monthly period if she does not feel like crying and eating everything in the fridge
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I think comfort zone may have more to do with it too.
Knowing those who feel comfortable in their marriages/partnerships/relationships may not feel the constant urges/pressure to hit the gym or diet in the hopes of attracting others etc.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote