Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 01-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Chicken Pot Pie?

What's in yours?

I've decided that Chicken Pot Pie is my favorite food but I'm finding that people put different things in theirs. Tonight I had it and it was made with white meat chicken, potatoes, peas, celery and mushrooms!! (I do NOT like mushrooms!). And the crust was just a puff pastry square on top.

I prefer Chicken, potatoes, peas, carrots and a regular pastry crust. You?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ajG0OzxzLbk
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

As a vegetarian, I prefer my chicken pot pie without chicken. Seitan makes a tasty replacement, though, and I like it with carrots, celery, and peas, but no potatoes. I have found that potatoes are highly territorial: whenever I put them into a pie, they reproduce like mice and wind up completely taking over.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I like it with lamb. A little bit of potato, as the good Dr. mentioned, carrots, peas and plenty of garlic and rosemary. Double pate brisee crust.

If it's chicken, then chicken, mushrooms and leeks with a bit of sherry and cream.

Last edited by one2one; 01-29-2013 at 11:00 PM.
one2one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
moore2me
Lions don't need to spank

moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!moore2me keeps pushing the rep limit!

Dear SuperMishe,

I really like chicken pot pie too and it is one of my top ten favorite foods. The key ingredient that I like in mine is to take a whole chicken and pressure cook it. That way I have the stock for the sauce and use the meat for the pie. As our family tradition goes, the dogs (house pets) get the scraps, they love pressure cooked chicken!

And Doc, I never met a potato I didn't like. (Do you feel the same way about instant potatoes or hash browns?)

Back to the pie, I add potatoes, english peas, and carrots. (I add the celery to the chicken stock when it is pressure cooked, along with a little garlic, a little onion, and a little poultry seasoning.)

If I don't have time to make the pie home made, I usually get it from KFC.
moore2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:20 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've attempted to make my own, but I suck at pie crusts. They're the bane of my existence.

I've never had the KFC pot pie.. I go to order one, and I end up with a box of hot wings.

For me, Chicken Pot pie is usually found frozen in a box marked Marie Callendar's, or Swason's.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I've attempted to make my own, but I suck at pie crusts. They're the bane of my existence.
As far as I'm concerned, homemade pie crusts are overrated. For the amount of labor that goes into making them, you could probably develop a cure for cancer. Or maybe even for stupidity. Pillsbury makes an acceptable pre-fab crust which is waiting for you in the refrigerator case of your grocery. They come two to a package, as do frozen pie crusts. I get a package of each and use the frozen pies for the bottom crusts and the refrigerated pre-fabs for the top crusts. It's simple and it's tasty.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #7
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like everything in them including mushrooms if they're first sauteed in butter, olive oil and a bit of garlic. My dad just roughly chops them up and throws them in, and I won't eat it.

My favorite pot pie is actually turkey and I even like the cheapo frozen ones that you can sometimes pick up on sale for 3 for $1--two of them with a salad and a glass of wine makes for a nice supper, but the other day I picked up a store-made family size one (chicken) and was delighted. It had the perfect size everything and my favorite thing ever, which seems to be disappearing, the bottom crust.

I was surprised to find small broccoli florets and perfect melt-in-your-mouth pearl onions as well as the usual suspects, and the perfect amount of gravy too. My cat 'helped' me eat it (mostly gravy and a bit of chicken breast) and she gave it two paws up. I'll be buying it again. Hopefully when she's at ninja school so I can enjoy it all by myself.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
BigBrwnSugar1

BigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastingPearls View Post
I like everything in them including mushrooms if they're first sauteed in butter, olive oil and a bit of garlic. My dad just roughly chops them up and throws them in, and I won't eat it.

My favorite pot pie is actually turkey and I even like the cheapo frozen ones that you can sometimes pick up on sale for 3 for $1--two of them with a salad and a glass of wine makes for a nice supper, but the other day I picked up a store-made family size one (chicken) and was delighted. It had the perfect size everything and my favorite thing ever, which seems to be disappearing, the bottom crust.

I was surprised to find small broccoli florets and perfect melt-in-your-mouth pearl onions as well as the usual suspects, and the perfect amount of gravy too. My cat 'helped' me eat it (mostly gravy and a bit of chicken breast) and she gave it two paws up. I'll be buying it again. Hopefully when she's at ninja school so I can enjoy it all by myself.
It sounds quite delicious - do you happen to recall the brand? The pot pies at Trader Joe's aren't too bad either. Haven't purchased one in a while so not sure if they still sell them or not.
BigBrwnSugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #9
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

No, but I'll check and get back to you...it was in the fresh refrigerated section near the deli and hot fresh food section so I'll either run in and check (oh who am I fooling, I'll buy another one) but it was soooo good. I just ate the last of it and topped it with a cheapo turkey one from Banquet.

I was inspired by this thread. hahahaha BAD INFLUENCE THREAD!!!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote