Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 03-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
Piink

Piink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized rep
Default I need fat girlfriends ... =[

Just a little vent!

All of my friends are small. And the ones that claim they are "fat" aren't even over a 12 pant size. And if they are, it's because they are pregnant! I do get tired of the "Ugh, I'm sooooooo fat" comments.

I hate shopping with them as they rarely go to a store that carries plus sizes, and when I do get to, they always want you to be right around them so I rarely get to find something for myself.

I need to find me some fat girlfriends to hang out with!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

That's what us on the internet is for. I'm the same way. My friends all complain about being fat or feeling fat and I sit there thinking
"Oh, if you think you're horrifically fat and you're a size 8 I can only imagine what you think of me".

Love, Emily
1love_emily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love my scrapbooking friends but they can be exactly the same, I mean some of them are lucky to even scrape a size 12 or 14 and they bitch about their size and how huge they are

I dont think they really think about how it effects someone who is bigger because they say omg I am huge

they don't realise a big person sometimes hears "omg your so so so very fat" because lets face it if size 12 or 14 is huge I am an elephant in comparison.

I think you have to remember that most people even a lot of bigger people drink the cool aid so to speak and think even having a slightly bigger anything or being bigger than a size mega skinny is evil thanks to societys anti fat and constant fat bashing.

Plus as was said above that is what we are here for its great to have a place to be able to talk about these things without fear or judgement
Old 03-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
1love_emily
COLLEGE

1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1love_emily has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I feel like posting in this thread because it is so relevant to my life right now.

The other day in one of my classes, we had an entire lesson about how appearances make a HUGE different in the music industry (even the classical/orchestral world). There were statistics about the weight of current opera singers and their employability. Considering a common colloquialism "The show's not over until the fat lady sings" is shows the importance of larger woman in main roles in opera, the presentation (and the presentator) was very fat phobic and encouraging of self hate. It drove me crazy.

I'm lucky I'm not a singer. I'm a fat trombone player who, if/when I audition for a symphony position, will be in a mostly blind audition.

ANYWAYS after that lecture a lot of the girls in the school of music went on a 7 day "cleanse" (crash diet) and got sick. It drove me bonkers because they were being fed this fatphobic BS and they believed it.
UGH
/end rant

Love, Emily
Old 03-19-2013, 08:27 AM   #5
Oona
¬.¬

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have zero fat girlfriends. I lean on this forum for that support.

While it would be nice to have girlfriends to go to stores and shop with, I'm perfectly content getting the opinion of the ladies here and shopping online.
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
veggieforever
High Carb Low Fat Vegan

veggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging inveggieforever makes people happy simply by logging in

You don't specifically need fat girlfriends, sweetie. You need any female friend of any size who has tact and doesnt make senseless comments like that in your company and who accepts their body and doesnt make you feel like a lesser person in regards to your own. It seems your girl friends would complain even at a sample size and comments like that are for attention and nothing more. Shame on them!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
Piink

Piink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized repPiink has super-sized rep

While the forum is great, when I go out it's tough to bring it with me. I'd gladly love for a few of the Dims girls to go out with me somewhere, sometime. I'm pretty sure we could have a blast!

I'm not a big online shopper, because I like to touch, smell, and try on the clothing. Not something I can do online, sadly. And if we went out to eat, at times the places were a bit non-fat friendly. I do have one friend who has always been accommodating, but she moved across the state.

I've lost touch with quite a few of my friends over the years, and I realize that the reason behind that was I got tired of the "Woe is me, I'm so fat" schtick. And if I did ever get any (good) attention from guys they would get super jealous. I got tired of the one-uppers and such. I guess, at the end of the day, I'm just wanting to be treated "normal" by my friends.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #8
BigBrwnSugar1

BigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized repBigBrwnSugar1 has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piink View Post
While the forum is great, when I go out it's tough to bring it with me. I'd gladly love for a few of the Dims girls to go out with me somewhere, sometime. I'm pretty sure we could have a blast!

I'm not a big online shopper, because I like to touch, smell, and try on the clothing. Not something I can do online, sadly. And if we went out to eat, at times the places were a bit non-fat friendly. I do have one friend who has always been accommodating, but she moved across the state.

I've lost touch with quite a few of my friends over the years, and I realize that the reason behind that was I got tired of the "Woe is me, I'm so fat" schtick. And if I did ever get any (good) attention from guys they would get super jealous. I got tired of the one-uppers and such. I guess, at the end of the day, I'm just wanting to be treated "normal" by my friends.
My Dear,

Those "friends" are not really your friends because friends who care about each other and respect each other wouldn't treat you the way that they did.
So good riddance to bad rubbish. You'll find more deserving friends of your friendship - hang in there!!!!!
BigBrwnSugar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #9
PeanutButterfly

PeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticedPeanutButterfly never has a post go unnoticed

I feel this way too, quite a bit. I have several fat friends but they are not supportive of the size acceptance movement. I tried to talk to one about it a long time ago and she was offended that I thought she was fat enough to benefit from it (even though she is the same size as me and constantly complains about her weight). I really thought she would find it refreshing that a whole new world existed where she could be comfortable with herself.

The other one is a new friend who I've never tried to discuss fat acceptance with because she had a meltdown when I suggested she try looking at the plus size sections when she needed a dress and couldn't find one that fit. The other day she showed me a picture of someone who lost like 100 lbs on facebook and said "See, we could do it!" I just ignored her but I wanted to be like, "Um, I never told you I wanted to lose weight..." She just assumes that every fat person must hate themselves as much as she does. With people like these two there really is not point of exposing the wonderful side to fat acceptance. It's like talking to the wall.

I have many other thin friends but, while they love me, I don't think they'd ever understand my FA-ness. Some of them might be understanding of the whole "I want to be treated as a human being and I'm ok with myself the way I am" aspect of size acceptance but I think they'd still see it as a "Juli just can't stick to a diet" instead of a conscious choice. But add in the fact that fat turns me on and forget about it. I've completely lost them. Maybe if I had really progressive friends but until that day comes I don't see myself discussing size acceptance or fat admiration with the current ones.

Besides the fact that I really like to talk about deep societal issues with my friends (that wasn't sarcasm, I really do) I would like to have shopping buddies like other people here described. I would like to have people to go into the plus size stores with and understand my dilemma with boots not fitting over my calves and my outrage that I'm forced to shop for jeans online. I would love to be able to talk about fat sex with my friends and not have to keep that aspect of my relationship a secret. I mean I love my friends, its not the end of the world, but it would be nice. I guess thats what I have Dims for

Last edited by PeanutButterfly; 03-19-2013 at 05:15 PM.
PeanutButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
Skye23

Skye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesSkye23 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The last time one of my skinny girlfriends bitched to me that she was fat. I asked her if she meant she was "feeling fat" which of course has to do with body dismorphia (sp) and emotional issues like self-doubt and self-loathing or if she really meant she was fat. Long Pause... Then I told her 'cause if she thought she was really fat she should consider for a moment I could lose her entire body weight and still be considered fat, and perhaps she should reconsider her opinion. Boy did she shut up fast.....
Old 03-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #11
ecogeek

ecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized repecogeek has super-sized rep

My fat girlfriend is MAYBE a size 8. Best friends for over 20 years...she would defend me against anyone and follow me anywhere. Quality over quantity. :-)
ecogeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #12
Pandasaur

Pandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 clubPandasaur is a member of the 500 club

My best girlfriends are not really considered fat but we all share one bond. We all have huge asses and and gripe when we shop together. My friends (main circle of 6) range in sizes from 10-14. It feels nice now knowing that we connect over conspiracies of stores being anti-ass.
Pandasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #13
1love_emily
COLLEGE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecogeek View Post
My fat girlfriend is MAYBE a size 8. Best friends for over 20 years...she would defend me against anyone and follow me anywhere. Quality over quantity. :-)
This is true. My best friend is a size 6 and she loves me and I love her. We're more like sisters than friends. I don't forget about her, but I do forget that she would go with me to Torrid or Lane Bryant if I asked her to.

Love, Emily
Old 03-24-2013, 07:17 PM   #14
PlumBlossom

PlumBlossom can now change their title

I was just ranting about this exact thing to my boyfriend an hour ago. I don't have any friends, period. Everyone I meet ends up being a fatty-hater. Daily I have to hear my skinny sister complain and scream about how fat she is when she's actually very skinny. Argh. Anyway, if anyone wants a friend, you're all welcomed to PM me, I would love to have friends.
PlumBlossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #15
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

fat girl friends are awesome. you don't have to explain stuff to them all of the time. i love my thin friends but it's nice not to have to explain yourself all of the time.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:23 PM   #16
lozonloz

lozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going onlozonloz knows EXACTLY what's going on

My best girlfriend is pregnant.

She's only 5 months gone and has gone up 4 dress sizes.

She'll sit on the sofa struggling to get up and bitching about knocking stuff over with her arse and clothes not fitting and how there is NO GODDAMN NEED for stairs and that she wants cake.

It's like looking into a crazy pregnant mirror.

And I'm sitting on the floor pissing myself laughing.

The other day I was washing my feet in the sink and she saw me and just went "HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO THAT?! I can't even touch my toes! ARGH!". Again, pissed myself laughing.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #17
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's interesting because most of my girlfriends are my size or close to my size. I only have one skinny (I mean, SKINNY, SIZE 0 SKINNY) friend and we went to high school together.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #18
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics
Default I Feel for All of You

It is really too bad that women have to focused on weight all the time and worrying that they are too fat, etc. to the detriment of meaningful female friendships. It really drives me nuts how tacky women can be when they are always complaining about gaining 5 or 10 lbs. or commenting on someone who has gained weight, like she or he just caught a disease or something. Guys just don't do that once they become adults. I have fat and skinny friends, and my skinny friends could care less that I weigh 300 lbs. We enjoy eating out, playing golf, doing what guys do and no one ever mentions weight, one way or the other. So I am sympathetic to what you are saying and it is really a bummer at times.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:01 PM   #19
BigCutieAurora
BigCutieAurora

BigCutieAurora does more than just post hot picsBigCutieAurora does more than just post hot picsBigCutieAurora does more than just post hot picsBigCutieAurora does more than just post hot pics

I totally relate to this unfortunately But I'm hoping I'll meet some local fatties soon! Shopping and lunch dates would be a blast (:
BigCutieAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:17 AM   #20
grasso

grasso has said some nice things

so very true
grasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:46 PM   #21
Tracii

Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Tracii has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have a few plus sized friends but I never hear them complain about being fat.
We all accept that we are fatties and we have fun together.
The only girls I know that complain are a size 6-9 and it is annoying to say the least.
Tracii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:30 AM   #22
AmpleAurora
BigCutieAurora

AmpleAurora has said some nice things

I've tried to make fat girlfriends on Feabie but it's really hard to make friends online
AmpleAurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:20 AM   #23
ratherlarge

ratherlarge has said some nice things

I am sure you will find you girlfriend's to hangout with after all the world is round
ratherlarge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:28 PM   #24
SmilingMama

SmilingMama has said some nice things
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggieforever View Post
You don't specifically need fat girlfriends, sweetie. You need any female friend of any size who has tact and doesnt make senseless comments like that in your company and who accepts their body and doesnt make you feel like a lesser person in regards to your own. It seems your girl friends would complain even at a sample size and comments like that are for attention and nothing more. Shame on them!
Well said!
SmilingMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:51 AM   #25
grasso

grasso has said some nice things

agreed well said
grasso is offline   Reply With Quote