Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 02-21-2007, 04:22 PM   #51
QuasimodoQT
Shy viking

QuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticedQuasimodoQT never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
Always interesting to see how different our cultures are. Actually the most uneducated (non-latin speaking / nobody speaks Latin anyway) German has at least a vague idea what "delirium tremens" means. And most likely any Belgian too. So this is surely an example for the use of dark humour (or however you want to call it) going with the names of alcoholic beverages.That's quite common over here and i have seen way more drastic things. I personally do not really get that. But then again i'm not a binge drinker.
Actually, I think it's pretty common usage over here, too. That's why I posted about the name, saying that the other similar beer *also* had a humorous name. I laughed when I saw it, anyway, and I certainly remembered the brand, which is probably why they make it funny. If I see the other beer name, I'll post.
Old 02-25-2007, 12:20 AM   #52
cactopus
Baconator

cactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot picscactopus does more than just post hot pics
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
i just recently had sam adams cherry wheat, it was effing amazing. it tasted almost like angel food cake, it was lovely. i dig yuengling, red stripe, and regular budweiser as it reminds me of my lovely grampa!!
I used to like Budweiser in the red can too because of the same reason, of course sips from my late grandpa are what got me into beer. I've liked it since I was 3 or so. (no I'm not an alky... I drink maybe one beer at a time and once a week if that)

That said, however, once I started making my own:

http://homepage.mac.com/rumbeard/Booze/Menu15.html

I found plain Bud way too watery and bland. A good resource for Belgian ales for the posts that follow this one is:

http://www.babblebelt.com/#null

As to my favorites currently (other than what I make):

Stone's Arrogant Bastard IPA, Ruination IPA, and plain IPA
Russian River Pliny the Elder Barleywine
Lindemann's Cuvée René Geuze Lambic
Cantillon St. Lamvinus Grape Lambic
Cantillon Fou' Foune Apricot Lambic
Sam Adam's Black Lager
Alba Scot's Pine Ale
Old 03-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #53
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Dos Equis, Budweisier, Schlaffy, Tusker, Guiness, and many more.
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote