Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist
 
Amaranthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,437
Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Any way you want it

Anything you'd like to talk about but haven't had the chance?

What about something you feel like sharing but can't find the right thread for?

Well. You should do it here! It's easy. Opinions? Rants? Facts? Stories? Personal idiosyncrasies?




But here's a slight (and optional) caveat. Most threads don't provide too much of a chance for people to interact with each other. Have any thoughts in regards to something someone posted? You should reply. Let's get some random discussions going
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!
 
cakeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 314
cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

For a community that preaches tolerance is the highest of virtues, a great many people here get their (ignorant, prejudiced, uneducated on the topic) backs up when someone mentions the various bariatric/metabolic (weight-loss) surgeries. To be clear, when I say 'get their backs up' I mean 'totally lose their everfucking minds'.
I get the part that some people feel the recent explosion of metabolic surgeries in North 'Merica to cure us fatty fat fatties is the moral equivalent to some jerkoff pushing a Bible at someone to help cure a case of The Jewish, or praying away some cool cat's desire for the dick, but sheesh.
I had gastric bypass last June, and not because I wanted to fit into a pair of skinny jeans or go horseback riding like in a tampon commercial - I had the surgery because I was fucking dying. The complete lack of cogent thought in the WLS forum (so excellently titled "The WLS Controversy - We're against WLS. If you must talk about it, do it here." as if it's the board's fucking NAMBLA corner) in the face of calm science is frightening. If we can't get support from a community who damn well knows the suffering fat people go through on a daily basis, where the fuck ARE we going to get it?
The extremely personal to choice to permanently alter our anatomy to improve our health and lessen the chances of debilitating disease and early death is just that - ours. If you don't like the idea of WLS, please tell me why after you have carefully reviewed the scientific and medical literature on the topic, not because you knew someone who knew someone that had WLS and they died four weeks later after shitting a pound of nickels. If you're an ignorant yam bag and your mind is made up, gleefully ignoring the choice, science, and difficulty before and AFTER surgery, plz to be fucking yourself
__________________
Badass fatass.
cakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
loopytheone
Administrator
 
loopytheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Robinhoodland
Posts: 3,350
loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
For a community that preaches tolerance is the highest of virtues, a great many people here get their (ignorant, prejudiced, uneducated on the topic) backs up when someone mentions the various bariatric/metabolic (weight-loss) surgeries. To be clear, when I say 'get their backs up' I mean 'totally lose their everfucking minds'.
I get the part that some people feel the recent explosion of metabolic surgeries in North 'Merica to cure us fatty fat fatties is the moral equivalent to some jerkoff pushing a Bible at someone to help cure a case of The Jewish, or praying away some cool cat's desire for the dick, but sheesh.
I had gastric bypass last June, and not because I wanted to fit into a pair of skinny jeans or go horseback riding like in a tampon commercial - I had the surgery because I was fucking dying. The complete lack of cogent thought in the WLS forum (so excellently titled "The WLS Controversy - We're against WLS. If you must talk about it, do it here." as if it's the board's fucking NAMBLA corner) in the face of calm science is frightening. If we can't get support from a community who damn well knows the suffering fat people go through on a daily basis, where the fuck ARE we going to get it?
The extremely personal to choice to permanently alter our anatomy to improve our health and lessen the chances of debilitating disease and early death is just that - ours. If you don't like the idea of WLS, please tell me why after you have carefully reviewed the scientific and medical literature on the topic, not because you knew someone who knew someone that had WLS and they died four weeks later after shitting a pound of nickels. If you're an ignorant yam bag and your mind is made up, gleefully ignoring the choice, science, and difficulty before and AFTER surgery, plz to be fucking yourself
Wow, nice to see that you are complaining about people losing their shit and being narrow minded by insulting people and telling them there opinion is wrong and that only your interpretation of the facts is correct...

Oh, wait, I disagree with the way you have put yourself across so I must be... what was it? Ignorant, prejudiced and uneducated on the topic because I don't see things exactly the way you to, right? =3
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:59 PM   #4
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!
 
cakeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 314
cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Wow, nice to see that you are complaining about people losing their shit and being narrow minded by insulting people and telling them there opinion is wrong and that only your interpretation of the facts is correct...

Oh, wait, I disagree with the way you have put yourself across so I must be... what was it? Ignorant, prejudiced and uneducated on the topic because I don't see things exactly the way you to, right? =3
Uh, no. My beef is with the ignorant fucks I have messaged/read/com across on the board who display prejudice, stupidity, and are completely opposed to learning information about the topic. I don't care what opinion people have about the surgery, I happen to give a shit when someone who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground pontificates. Personally, I know nothing about particle physics, therefore I don't send emails to people who work on the Large Hadron Collider. Does that help, dear?
__________________
Badass fatass.
cakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
loopytheone
Administrator
 
loopytheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Robinhoodland
Posts: 3,350
loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
Uh, no. My beef is with the ignorant fucks I have messaged/read/com across on the board who display prejudice, stupidity, and are completely opposed to learning information about the topic. I don't care what opinion people have about the surgery, I happen to give a shit when someone who doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground pontificates. Personally, I know nothing about particle physics, therefore I don't send emails to people who work on the Large Hadron Collider. Does that help, dear?
Well you addressed the community as a whole twice/three times depending on your interpretation of your original post so if you meant to address a more specific target audience than the entire forum.

And you still seem to be of the opinion that if a person doesn't agree with you then they obviously don't know anything. I am a zoologist. I have done detailed studies on the long and short term success rates, morbidity rates and the ability of doctors to treat the related problems. I have also gone through several years worth of reports on the reductions of obesity related illnesses following WLS and to be honest it is very boring to read through all that but there are definitely pros and cons. Personally I think the long term success rates combined with the high morbidity rates make it unsuitable for most people. Not to mention the fact that those who can afford to pay for it privately as opposed to on the NHS often do so clinging to the idea that it will be an easy way out, which, as somebody who has had WLS yourself, you can attest is not the case. But that is just my opinion. Which has as much and no more value than yours. Your original post was saying that other people aren't entitled to their opinions unless they can 'prove' to you that they know what they are talking about. Which isn't true because at the end of the day, no matter how much or how little you know about a topic your opinion is just that, an opinion and not a fact no matter how much you would like it to be.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #6
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,422
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
Uh, no. My beef is with the ignorant fucks I have messaged/read/com across on the board who display prejudice, stupidity, and are completely opposed to learning information about the topic.
Hmmm, as a suggestion then, you might want to avoid internet message boards. The vast majority are horribly/wonderfully (depending on POV) open, and don't discriminate based on ignorance or stupidity......so you will find people who insist that (choose one or more)
- Obama is muslim,
- modern hockey players are wimps because they wear helmets,
- all republicans are raging racists,
- ........,
- ........,
- weight loss surgery is always butchery for cosmetic reasons.

Now, it happens that the policy of these boards, as set by their owner, is anti-WLS, hence the name of the board where discussion of it is allowed. I think the majority of people who post on these boards are not so militant about it, but for sure that top-down policy will help enable a certain view point to be militant.

Dims is certainly not the be-all and end-all of size accepting sites, and there are plenty of people who have left because of one policy or another. On the other hand, there are lots of people who do choose to post here still, presumably because they've not found another place that suits them as well. Ultimately, the site is owned by one individual, and each poster has to decide if they can live by the rules, policies, and morals promulgated by that owner.
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:34 PM   #7
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,422
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

(not related to the above discussion)

These words are writ on water, as far as permanence goes. Oh, for sure, the internet has a lot of backing up to it these days, so maybe I could come back and find this post twenty years from now, but I wouldn't particularly count on it. I'd certainly challenge you to find any particular post from the original Dimensions boards.....and even if these boards are better preserved, finding particular material amongst the hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of posts could well be a challenge.

There is a huge body of thoughts, experiences, and stories shared on these boards. I have no idea how many books would be required if you were to print up all of the boards, but I'm sure it would be many. Of course a lot of it is of no particular lasting value, essentially amounting to chit-chat between people. But there is a whole lot of very good stuff, too.

Have any of you ever grabbed particular posts to save them for yourself so that you don’t lose the information? Ever thought what you’d do, what you’d lose, if Dimensions ever shuts down? Or for that matter, if the place was ever just frozen so that you couldn't edit anything, but material was still visible to others, what picture of yourself you leave here?

Of course, this is far from the first web board that has this issue--or even go back to the old newsgroups, fundamentally the same issue has been there for a long time.
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:48 PM   #8
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist
 
Amaranthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,437
Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
Le snip
Well, first off, I'm glad things ended up working out well for you

Secondly, everyone has their opinions. And most of the time, they're not likely to change them. Whether they're correct or incorrect, whether they've actually researched the subject or not. But if something works for you, let it work for you. If something else works for someone else, let it work for them. If someone hasn't looked into something and does it anyway? Well. I think they deserve whatever consequences come from it. Want to be a feedee? Do it. Want to have WLS? Go ahead. Want to pick up a coke habit to drop the weight instead? By all means. If someone responded to my post by disagreeing, I'd actually find that rather wonderful. Doing what I do works pretty great for me, so in the end, it doesn't really concern me if people think I'm doing something wrong.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad View Post
(not related to the above discussion)

These words are writ on water, as far as permanence goes. Oh, for sure, the internet has a lot of backing up to it these days, so maybe I could come back and find this post twenty years from now, but I wouldn't particularly count on it. I'd certainly challenge you to find any particular post from the original Dimensions boards.....and even if these boards are better preserved, finding particular material amongst the hundreds, thousands, tens of thousands of posts could well be a challenge.

There is a huge body of thoughts, experiences, and stories shared on these boards. I have no idea how many books would be required if you were to print up all of the boards, but I'm sure it would be many. Of course a lot of it is of no particular lasting value, essentially amounting to chit-chat between people. But there is a whole lot of very good stuff, too.

Have any of you ever grabbed particular posts to save them for yourself so that you don’t lose the information? Ever thought what you’d do, what you’d lose, if Dimensions ever shuts down? Or for that matter, if the place was ever just frozen so that you couldn't edit anything, but material was still visible to others, what picture of yourself you leave here?

Of course, this is far from the first web board that has this issue--or even go back to the old newsgroups, fundamentally the same issue has been there for a long time.

I do wonder what would happen if Dimensions just disappeared. Would a new, similar site pop up to replace it? Would members here join that one, or refuse because it just wouldn't feel the same? It makes me glad that I know quite a few people here off the site. Even if there's no record of what's been posted here, friendships made here will still exist and people can reminisce over all the craziness that's gone down.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:57 PM   #9
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!
 
cakeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 314
cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

For the third and final time, I only take personal offense to people who argue against WLS and - wait for it - know *nothing* about it. I simply cannot make it any clearer.
__________________
Badass fatass.
cakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
loopytheone
Administrator
 
loopytheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Robinhoodland
Posts: 3,350
loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
For the third and final time, I only take personal offense to people who argue against WLS and - wait for it - know *nothing* about it. I simply cannot make it any clearer.
Well perhaps you would like to re-read your original post from an objective point of view and consider what it is that caused your point to be misinterpreted by multiple people and interpreted correctly by nobody other than yourself.
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #11
loopytheone
Administrator
 
loopytheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Robinhoodland
Posts: 3,350
loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Okay, back to the original point of this thread...

I used to be afraid of playing video games. Not watching them, just playing them. They made me panic when enemies hit more or damaged me and I just completely freaked out. I have an anxiety disorder to give you some background on that.

In particular my best friend and her little brother used to spend hours and hours playing Spyro games with me. I always watch and help out as an extra pair of eyes and am used to viewing video games as a puzzle and an exciting form of video rather than an interactive game. Don't get me wrong, I love watching other people play and I loved watching them play Spyro games so much.

This last week I downloaded the original trilogy of Spyro games and I've completed the first one to 120% the other day which is a huge achievement for me. I overcame my fears and did it. Even though I had a huge flash back in the Toasty level with those stupid dog enemies I still did it. Now I'm starting the second Spyro game and am scared all over again but it is another challenge for me to face, no matter how trivial!

So, who here has had something so trivial be such an important step for them in some way? ^_^
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy
 
vardon_grip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 1,505
vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
For a community that preaches tolerance is the highest of virtues, a great many people here get their (ignorant, prejudiced, uneducated on the topic) backs up when someone mentions the various bariatric/metabolic (weight-loss) surgeries. To be clear, when I say 'get their backs up' I mean 'totally lose their everfucking minds'.
I get the part that some people feel the recent explosion of metabolic surgeries in North 'Merica to cure us fatty fat fatties is the moral equivalent to some jerkoff pushing a Bible at someone to help cure a case of The Jewish, or praying away some cool cat's desire for the dick, but sheesh.
I had gastric bypass last June, and not because I wanted to fit into a pair of skinny jeans or go horseback riding like in a tampon commercial - I had the surgery because I was fucking dying. The complete lack of cogent thought in the WLS forum (so excellently titled "The WLS Controversy - We're against WLS. If you must talk about it, do it here." as if it's the board's fucking NAMBLA corner) in the face of calm science is frightening. If we can't get support from a community who damn well knows the suffering fat people go through on a daily basis, where the fuck ARE we going to get it?
The extremely personal to choice to permanently alter our anatomy to improve our health and lessen the chances of debilitating disease and early death is just that - ours. If you don't like the idea of WLS, please tell me why after you have carefully reviewed the scientific and medical literature on the topic, not because you knew someone who knew someone that had WLS and they died four weeks later after shitting a pound of nickels. If you're an ignorant yam bag and your mind is made up, gleefully ignoring the choice, science, and difficulty before and AFTER surgery, plz to be fucking yourself
I get where you are coming from.
I think that the only "mistake" you made is to expect more from the people here than you would the rest of the population.
It's all the same.
__________________
A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.

Last edited by vardon_grip; 05-15-2013 at 03:40 PM.
vardon_grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #13
cakeboy
Douchepuncher Supreme!
 
cakeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 314
cakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging incakeboy makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
I get where you are coming from.
I think that the only mistake you made is to expect more from the people here than you would the rest of the population.
It's all the same.
Yeah man, I made that mistake :/
__________________
Badass fatass.
cakeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:59 PM   #14
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 3,068
Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeboy View Post
Yeah man, I made that mistake :/
Body Autonomy FTW.

It's your body.
It's legal.
It's not going to physically harm others.
It's therefore your choice.

If I think it's stupid and dangerous, I may say you shouldn't do it. But I'm not going to tell you NOT to do it (if that makes sense)
__________________
--Breaking British--
Sasquatch! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:26 PM   #15
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei
 
Cobra Verde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The war rig
Posts: 1,011
Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Thumbs down

I, for one, think this thread's a terrible idea.








P.S.

__________________
"People tell you who they are, but we ignore it because we want them to be who we want them to be."
Cobra Verde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist
 
Amaranthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,437
Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra Verde View Post
I, for one, love motorboating. Anyone else?
I certainly have a fondness for it. So here's a question. FFA's: Have you ever motorboated a BHM? Would you?

And BHMs: Would you tolerate being motorboated?

Anytime I've done it, its been met with confused acceptance. Eventually good humor.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #17
loopytheone
Administrator
 
loopytheone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Robinhoodland
Posts: 3,350
loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
I certainly have a fondness for it. So here's a question. FFA's: Have you ever motorboated a BHM? Would you?

And BHMs: Would you tolerate being motorboated?

Anytime I've done it, its been met with confused acceptance. Eventually good humor.
Hahaha, nice! No, I never have and given that I have a partner who not tolerate it I am never going to get the chance to! xD
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #18
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist
 
Amaranthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,437
Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Hahaha, nice! No, I never have and given that I have a partner who not tolerate it I am never going to get the chance to! xD
I'm sure you can have plenty of fun without it =P

Spyro is an awesome choice, by the way. The blue guys are infuriating, are they not? Though, I haven't played much since I was younger so it might not be that bad to catch them.

Any other games you're considering? Crash bandicoot was another older favorite. The battle system in something like Final Fantasy or Lunar might be less daunting because it's more tactical. Man, I miss playstation. Emulator time!
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #19
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness
 
BigChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Morrisville, NC
Posts: 2,134
BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

The more stinky a cheese is, the more I enjoy it. Yeah, I said it.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
tankyguy
 
tankyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NS Canada
Posts: 519
tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Sort of a rant, sort of thinking out loud.

Lately I've been wondering just how many FFAs there actually are.

Granted I'm a somewhat introverted guy, but I've only met one girl in person who identified herself as liking bigger guys in my 32 years.

To me, they seem very rare and almost mythical, like the Loch Ness Monster or evidence of intelligent extra terrestrial life. I thought that I had found a second FFA once, but she turned out to be just a crashed weather balloon.

Just going by these forums, there seems to be way fewer of them than male FAs. I know a number of guys in person who favor, or at least are sometimes attracted to, curvier or larger than 'average' women.

And there's definitely fewer FFAs than BHM here. All the more special and lucky when a couple hooks up, I guess.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
BigChaz
His Eggy Roundness
 
BigChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Morrisville, NC
Posts: 2,134
BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BigChaz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Sort of a rant, sort of thinking out loud.

Lately I've been wondering just how many FFAs there actually are.

Granted I'm a somewhat introverted guy, but I've only met one girl in person who identified herself as liking bigger guys in my 32 years.

To me, they seem very rare and almost mythical, like the Loch Ness Monster or evidence of intelligent extra terrestrial life. I thought that I had found a second FFA once, but she turned out to be just a crashed weather balloon.

Just going by these forums, there seems to be way fewer of them than male FAs. I know a number of guys in person who favor, or at least are sometimes attracted to, curvier or larger than 'average' women.

And there's definitely fewer FFAs than BHM here. All the more special and lucky when a couple hooks up, I guess.
You are thinking about it backwards. The world is full of FFAs, also known as women. Women can be seduced with more than just a big belly. Confidence, attitude, being interesting, etc make any woman a potential "FFA" and by that I mean a girl who thinks you are sexy.

Here is my post for this thread. I wish fat dudes would stop coming to this forum to complain about the lack of women out there into fat guts.
BigChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #22
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist
 
Amaranthine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,437
Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
You are thinking about it backwards. The world is full of FFAs, also known as women. Women can be seduced with more than just a big belly. Confidence, attitude, being interesting, etc make any woman a potential "FFA" and by that I mean a girl who thinks you are sexy.

Here is my post for this thread. I wish fat dudes would stop coming to this forum to complain about the lack of women out there into fat guts.
What? We don't like those things. It's really just the fat.

Seriously though, it's true. I know bigger guys who get plenty of women, just because they have the personality. I know plenty of thin and traditionally attractive men who are foreveralone because they're fumbling around in the dark. You might not get someone CRAZY over your body, but they'll be crazy about you as a whole.

So would you say you have an absolute FAVORITE cheese? I can be seduced with a fancy blue. Stilton, Roquefort, Maytag, any of them.
Amaranthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:40 PM   #23
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
 
Hozay J Garseeya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,158
Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankyguy View Post
Sort of a rant, sort of thinking out loud.

Lately I've been wondering just how many FFAs there actually are.

Granted I'm a somewhat introverted guy, but I've only met one girl in person who identified herself as liking bigger guys in my 32 years.

To me, they seem very rare and almost mythical, like the Loch Ness Monster or evidence of intelligent extra terrestrial life. I thought that I had found a second FFA once, but she turned out to be just a crashed weather balloon.

Just going by these forums, there seems to be way fewer of them than male FAs. I know a number of guys in person who favor, or at least are sometimes attracted to, curvier or larger than 'average' women.

And there's definitely fewer FFAs than BHM here. All the more special and lucky when a couple hooks up, I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChaz View Post
You are thinking about it backwards. The world is full of FFAs, also known as women. Women can be seduced with more than just a big belly. Confidence, attitude, being interesting, etc make any woman a potential "FFA" and by that I mean a girl who thinks you are sexy.

Here is my post for this thread. I wish fat dudes would stop coming to this forum to complain about the lack of women out there into fat guts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
What? We don't like those things. It's really just the fat.

Seriously though, it's true. I know bigger guys who get plenty of women, just because they have the personality. I know plenty of thin and traditionally attractive men who are foreveralone because they're fumbling around in the dark. You might not get someone CRAZY over your body, but they'll be crazy about you as a whole.

So would you say you have an absolute FAVORITE cheese? I can be seduced with a fancy blue. Stilton, Roquefort, Maytag, any of them.
I get all the ladies, because I'm fat and awesome. Deal with it.

Also, I maytag your Stilton by penetrating you with my Stilton. Now come fall for me to further prove my point that I get all the internet puss.
__________________
Don't judge me based on your ignorance :wubu:
Hozay J Garseeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #24
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...
 
ODFFA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The country below Nambia
Posts: 1,277
ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Croprastination!

Ohhhhhkay, many random-ish and wonderful thoughts are swimming around in my mind right now and – short-lived and fickle as they are (indeed, Mr Tad of Tad Hall) – I will now attempt to express all or most of them. Good luck peoples.

Zay, you getting all the laydees is an indisputable, scientific fact that has long since surpassed the need to be proven. But like all indisputable facts, it will continue to prove itself despite this being unnecessary. Unlike most indisputable facts, it does not cause those who observe it to become jaded and lose that sense of awe and wonder. Win-win situations all round. I, for one, do my homework before I speak.

Amaranthine, even though you find people disagreeing with you wonderful and I’d really like to make you smile, you don’t make it easy for me. Perhaps this is because you and I both possess alllmost as much otherworldly awesomeness as Hozay. This is the best I can do: While I don’t mind a fancy blue, I must confess I will be more easily seduced with a milder creamy Camembert or a berry-laden Wensleydale.

Loopy, I think you and I were separated at birth. How else can there be another FFA-type human being on earth that reacts to these games exactly the way I do?! I don’t know whether to squee or weep with joy. Maybe I should just do both and add some hysterical laughter for good measure.

To answer your question: There are indeed many such trivial things that feel like a big deal to me. I am the most inflexible and highly strung person you will ever know – strictly physically speaking! – and in an attempt to improve this anomaly I have started doing yoga.... for kids! One day I will bend down and touch my toes with straight legs or sit on my knees comfortably while my back rejoices. I will do this or live trying.

Also, I want to be able to play the Bodrhan like this. I’m still in between the laughable level and the *shrugs* “not too bad” level at the moment. Fortunately even these levels are serious fun, but dammit, that sexiness level is calling to me.

Laaaastly, the enthusiasm with which I reacted to Loopy’s post reminded me of how much I love dogs...

Attachment 108239
__________________
...Groigne qui groigne.

Last edited by ODFFA; 09-18-2014 at 01:10 AM.
ODFFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #25
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,422
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

I'm not fat enough to be motorboated, and my wife would never be interested in doing so even if I were.....but hypothetically, I'm pretty sure my reaction would be to laugh like a lunatic, then demand "again!"

On other topics, some plus sizes womens stores now sell pants aimed to fit different shapes. I wish big mens stores would pick this concept up. Do you need that size of shirt because you are built like a viking warrior, or because you are all belly? OK, here is a shirt that will actually have close to the right shape for you! (and yes, you can get stuff custom made, but still it would be nice....)
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
old mechanic men, passion bannisters, tornado of butthurt

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.