Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 05-15-2013, 02:43 PM   #1
Likens6

Likens6 has said some nice things
Default What to do to gain weight

I was wondering if people would share there ideas on how to gain weight one thing that ive always wondered is how it feels to be addicted to food so any ideas on how i could do that would be great thanks and please no rude or stupid stuff its hurtfull
Likens6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #2
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Eat more food! =D

Sorry, obligatory response. I'll be serious now.

Okay, if you want to gain weight then what you are trying to do is lower your metabolism whilst keeping your food intake high. Eating more food naturally raises the metabolism so it can be a bit tricky. You have to decide certain things as well, such as how important your health is to you. Whilst I am fine with people gaining I can't stand the idea of people making themselves ill to do so. If you have an existing problem with diabetes, cholesterol or a close family history of heart disease an active, low fat/sugar lifestyle is super important and will make it more difficult to gain weight but not impossible. Just bear in mind that the human body is geared more towards gaining weight than losing weight. Once you gain a certain amount of weight you will not be able to easily lose it again so you have to be sure that it is what you want to do rather than just a passing fantasy.

A good thing to start with when you are trying to gain weight is to consider what you like to eat. Eating food you enjoy is going to keep you bigger for longer than trying to drink 12 build up shakes a day or something silly. Think of your favourite foods and tastes. When you are making meals, try and make enough for to or more meals and keep the tin/bowl/saucepan out in front of you at the table so you can dip in for seconds and thirds if you feel able. If you want to be able to eat more you will have to get used to eating until you are full to gradually stretch out your stomach. In addition to this, keep the sort of things you like to snack on around at all times. So for me, this would be sweets. Put a bowl of them in each room so they are always there. Try and keep your food in a place where you will see it often rather than locked away in a cupboard hidden somewhere. And using larger plates will make you feel as though you have eaten less than if you had a fuller small plate so that can help too.

As for being addicted to food, in my experience that can include on of three things: being addicted to a chemical in the food, being addicted to a full stomach or being addicted to processed sugar. Foods such as chocolate are full of addictive chemicals so that once you start eating them regularly you will crave them more and more. As for the feeling of a full stomach, a lot of people find it extremely satisfying and comforting and from my experience if you really stuff yourself to the brim you can end up almost high on food and that feeling is addictive. Processed sugar is one of the most addictive food products in the world and is found in things such as cakes, sweets, chocolate, puddings and range of other things. It is extremely addictive if you get used to eating it though given that it is strongly linked to health problems I would advise staying away from processed sugar.

Sorry this is a bit of an essay, hope that helps.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote