Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-12-2013, 02:48 PM   #51
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Speaking of dark beers, there's a brewery in New Mexico (whose name temporarily escapes me) that puts out a dark beer called "State Prison Porter" (with a picture of the state prison on the can). It's smooth but authoritative -- VERY authoritative -- and it comes in one-pint cans, so don't operate heavy machinery after drinking one.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 08:17 PM   #52
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Craft, Wheat, and Lager are some examples of beer that I like.
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:04 AM   #53
Your Plump Princess
Just dancing with shadows

Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!Your Plump Princess keeps pushing the rep limit!

I prefer light beers, but until the other week I had not found one I could have more than one of without my stomach going sour.

Then my dad introduced me to "Henry Weinhard's Private Reserve" ...SO smooth, very VERY little bitter aftertaste there usually seems to be.

My father used to drink it when he was stationed out in California during the 80's but hasn't seen it this side of the rockies til recently. He jumped with joy, and I had to taste it. Needless to say it's my new favorite beer hands .. and bottes, down
Old 05-14-2013, 08:07 AM   #54
Chuggernut

Chuggernut does more than just post hot picsChuggernut does more than just post hot picsChuggernut does more than just post hot picsChuggernut does more than just post hot pics

Not if it's American beer. What's the difference between American beer and a dead frog? You'll find more hops in a dead frog!
Chuggernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:29 PM   #55
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuggernut View Post
Not if it's American beer. What's the difference between American beer and a dead frog? You'll find more hops in a dead frog!
Hence why I generally avoid cheap American beers. Craft beers, however, tend to be fairly good.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #56
Iannathedriveress
Random Heroine

Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Iannathedriveress has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMH1701 View Post
Hence why I generally avoid cheap American beers. Craft beers, however, tend to be fairly good.
Sometimes I think that cheap American beers are good for cooking.
Iannathedriveress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:38 AM   #57
EMH1701

EMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityEMH1701 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Not beer, but I discovered White Water whiskey at my local Trader Joes. The stuff is made in Minnesota (my home state). It is basically moonshine (clear whiskey) and handcrafted. It's actually pretty good. I made an old-fashioned with it.

I think buying local is pretty good if you have decent companies to buy from.
EMH1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #58
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hate hoppy beers. Too bitter. Bleccchhh! Ive never had a Sam Adams like I liked.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:54 PM   #59
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse View Post
I hate hoppy beers. Too bitter. Bleccchhh! Ive never had a Sam Adams like I liked.
Try drinking a Bud Lite just before you drink the Sam Adams; you'll be amazed at how good the latter tastes!
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #60
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Try drinking a Bud Lite just before you drink the Sam Adams; you'll be amazed at how good the latter tastes!
I hate Bud too!
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote