Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 06-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #1
Paul

Paul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPaul is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default Clothing styles you can no longer wear

As you have gained weight, are there some types or styles of clothes you are no longer able to wear, either because it does not come in your size, or you don't think the style of clothing doesn't look good on someone your size? I thought about this question when an ssbbw lamented no longer being able to wear jeans (one of her favourite clothing styles) as they do not come in her size.

Have you had to give up wearing certain styles or types of clothes as you have gained weight?

I'm a Canadian.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well I'm pretty small in general but having a big chest means that boyish clothes or tops with high necklines look awful on me.

My partner is a lot bigger than me though and I know he can't get jeans in his size anymore.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
TiffyKitten

TiffyKitten can now change their title

I am just now wearing bikinis for the first time, and I have never been this big. I love it! I love my jiggle fat as it bounces as I walk and people stare. I know I look good and I do not care what anyone thinks.
TiffyKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:32 AM   #4
Elementary_penguin

Elementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 clubElementary_penguin is a member of the 500 club

For the last 12yrs almost, the only pants I have worn have been flares.. and almost entirely corduroy, usually rather colourful too. As I got bigger I found the range of colours and styles has narrowed, till there just wasn't anything to be found. Not a single pair. I do a check on the net every now and them, in the hope of finding something

At this stage, just finding pants that are not blue denim or plain black is a challenge
Elementary_penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
GainingGloria

GainingGloria has said some nice things

My gain isn't very dramatic but I find pants with buttons and zips to be uncomfortable. I like how tight they feel across my thighs and butt but since I got a belly I don't like anything tight covering it so squeezing myself into jeans that kinda/sorta fit if it wasn't for the gut is just damn uncomfortable and I'm a bit swamped in clothes if I were to go another size up. I've had to compromise a bit when it came to shirts/blouses with buttons - a lot of the size 12's I've tried on are generally on the small side but if I went up a size they'd be huge. So I'm squeezing myself into shirts that are straining around the bust and belly until I gain a little more that the next size fits better. I think TiffanyKitten has the right idea - bikinis all the way!
GainingGloria is offline   Reply With Quote