Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 08-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #1
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club
Default RIP Edie Gorme

Entertainer Edie Gorme who was teamed with her husband Steve Lawrence passed away today. While today's young audiences won't know who they were, back in the 50's, 60's and 70's and beyond they were a very popular singing duo and entertained audiences around the world. I partially based by name my character Edie from my Tiny & Edie cartoons on her. In my earliest Tiny cartoons, Tiny was introduced to Edie by her brother Steve, so I put a little sly nod to Steve & Edie into those early Tiny cartoons. I want to pubilically express my thanks to Edie Gorme for her inspiration. Rest In Peace.
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

I often wondered about the name Edie in your cartoons. Although I have no idea who those two entertainers are (I'm too young) I'll have to find out. Sad that the person that inspired your character passed away.
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
RVGleason

RVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 clubRVGleason is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah View Post
I often wondered about the name Edie in your cartoons. Although I have no idea who those two entertainers are (I'm too young) I'll have to find out. Sad that the person that inspired your character passed away.
Thank you for the kind words, Jah. I really appreciate them. And I just realized all this time I've been using the the wrong spelling of Eydie Gorme's first name, but I think that's ok.

Here are a couple of videos of Eydie Gorme on her own and one with her husband Steve Lawrence performing with Frank Sinatra. She was a very talented lady and I also just realized how much I made my Edie resemble her.

Enjoy the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxWDwG1HBwQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxWDwG1HBwQ
RVGleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 AM   #4
Jah
Veggie girl

Jah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging inJah makes people happy simply by logging in

Loved the videos! She seems very talented. Thanks!
Jah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
snuggletiger
Clowns Fear Me

snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!snuggletiger has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Eydie Gorme` to me her best work was her solo albums of her singing in Spanish.