Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-22-2011, 05:53 AM   #376
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post
Went out to dinner to celebrate my sisters birthday at a new Mexican place called Plaza Azteca.
I had the Chimichanga plate - deelish! She and our friend had the taco platter. For dessert we had Sopapillas, Fried Ice cream and Churros!
It was a fun and tasty night!
OMG that looks delicious!!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:11 AM   #377
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

I had a groupon that was about to expire, so I took myself out for a nice weekday lunch. It was such a treat! I had a shrimp cocktail where the shrimps were huge and fat and amazing, with cocktail sauce with a little horseradish mixed in (delicious). Then I had a salad with mixed greens, candied walnuts, carmelized pear, crispy goat cheese, and medjool dates - all with a pomegranate vinaigrette. SO GOOD. One of the best salads I've ever had.

Last edited by LovelyLiz; 02-13-2012 at 04:59 PM.
LovelyLiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM   #378
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbeth View Post
I had a groupon that was about to expire, so I took myself out for a nice weekday lunch. It was such a treat! I had a shrimp cocktail where the shrimps were huge and fat and amazing, with cocktail sauce with a little horseradish mixed in (delicious). Then I had a salad with mixed greens, candied walnuts, carmelized pear, crispy goat cheese, and medjool dates - all with a pomegranate vinaigrette. SO GOOD. One of the best salads I've ever had.
I love the perspective on the shrimp. That teeeeeny little spoon and those GIANT shrimp!

p.s. WANT.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:16 PM   #379
LovelyLiz

LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!LovelyLiz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
I love the perspective on the shrimp. That teeeeeny little spoon and those GIANT shrimp!

p.s. WANT.
Thanks, SVS! (Confession: I ate 2 more shrimp cocktails this week!!!)
Old 11-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #380
LovelyLiz

I ate one of the most delicious meals of my life this past weekend at a Senegalese restaurant, but forgot to take pictures. This one was really good too though! Some El Salvadoran food from a little place in the San Francisco Mission district (a loroco and cheese pupusa, a pastel (kind of like an empanada - with chicken inside), and some fried yucca with pork). AMAZING.

Last edited by LovelyLiz; 02-13-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #381
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I ate one of the most delicious meals of my life this past weekend at a Senegalese restaurant, but forgot to take pictures. This one was really good too though! Some El Salvadoran food from a little place in the San Francisco Mission district (a loroco and cheese pupusa, a pastel (kind of like an empanada - with chicken inside), and some fried yucca with pork). AMAZING.
Yum! I got excited when I saw you'd posted in this thread. I knew we'd be seeing some interesting food!

I was right
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #382
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Oh my....I wish I had been there to have my own plate!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:29 AM   #383
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I got brown gravy,A1,ranch dressing,yellow peppers,jalapenos and olive oil from the bar to dip my hunks of seven pound burger, forty eight ounces of beef, and the bun was fresh from the oven.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03381.jpg (77.1 KB, 569 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03395.jpg (88.0 KB, 567 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03399.jpg (75.0 KB, 569 views)
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #384
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishty View Post
I got brown gravy,A1,ranch dressing,yellow peppers,jalapenos and olive oil from the bar to dip my hunks of seven pound burger, forty eight ounces of beef, and the bun was fresh from the oven.
oh DAMN! yooge.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #385
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

From The Castle in Woonsocket RI

White Seafood Chowder:

The best crab cakes:

from Bookstore and Restaurant in Wellfleet MA on Cape Code:

Clam Chowder:

Belgian Mussels
Steamed in Belgian pale ale with butter, garlic, and herbs, served with seasoned fries
and black pepper-truffle aioli **OMG I could have had about 20 more orders**

Rob's Entree-Swordfish with lobster butter, rice and veggies:

My entree- Steak Frites
Burgundy marinated char-grilled bistro steak topped with roasted shallot-lobster butter, served with
mixed greens and golden sweet potato fries

Dessert-limoncello cake with mascarpone and white chocolate shavings

MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:45 AM   #386
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

bump!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #387
azerty
Life is worth living

azerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions communityazerty is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
From The Castle in Woonsocket RI

White Seafood Chowder:

The best crab cakes:

from Bookstore and Restaurant in Wellfleet MA on Cape Code:

Clam Chowder:

Belgian Mussels
Steamed in Belgian pale ale with butter, garlic, and herbs, served with seasoned fries
and black pepper-truffle aioli **OMG I could have had about 20 more orders**

Rob's Entree-Swordfish with lobster butter, rice and veggies:

My entree- Steak Frites
Burgundy marinated char-grilled bistro steak topped with roasted shallot-lobster butter, served with
mixed greens and golden sweet potato fries

Dessert-limoncello cake with mascarpone and white chocolate shavings

Looks so good. Did you eat all of it ?
Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #388
Deven
Wendigo

Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!Deven keeps pushing the rep limit!

Necropost!

At Texas Roadhouse:
Old 04-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #389
dharmabean
♥ ɢråтıтuɗɛ◦ɢåӏ ♥

dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!dharmabean has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

^^^^^^^^^ I think I just had a foodgasm.
Old 07-28-2013, 08:34 PM   #390
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Feels like we need some pics in this thread again....

Old 07-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #391
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That pasta looks awesome- so does the blooming onion up above, too!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:14 AM   #392
Hozay J Garseeya
Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.

Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.Hozay J Garseeya has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love the idea of this thread. This was from a restaurant called "katsu-burger." It's japanese style katsu on an american Burger. This was the Godlizza Attack. It was a pork cutlet friend and breaded in panko, jalapenos a wasabi mayo and curry fries.

This was another good burger at a local place called "The lunchbox laboratory."

sautéed vinaigrette onions, blue cheese, and a little bacon. It might be the best burger I've ever had. The tots had a spicy cheese sauce on them. they were good, but nothing matched the Burger.

Last edited by Hozay J Garseeya; 07-30-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Hozay J Garseeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #393
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Re-subscribe.

YUM
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:03 PM   #394
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

The BEST ice cream I have tasted to date!
Bassetts at Reading Terminal. Philadelphia, PA.

L-R
Butterscotch Vanilla, English Toffee Crunch, Gadzooks Blanc and Raspberry Truffle
The butterfat content in these frozen desserts is through the roof! It makes them the richest and creamiest ice cream I have ever had.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bassetts.6x4_8548.jpg (130.1 KB, 154 views)
File Type: jpg Bassetts.6x4_5042.jpg (117.2 KB, 154 views)
Old 08-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #395
SprocketRocket

SprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized repSprocketRocket has super-sized rep

I was unsure about putting this here or in the eating now thread, but I found myself at IHOP this morning.

Classic stack of 5, and they taste as good as they look.

SprocketRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:20 AM   #396
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This picture kills me. Ice cream is my favourite food EVER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
The BEST ice cream I have tasted to date!
Bassetts at Reading Terminal. Philadelphia, PA.

L-R
Butterscotch Vanilla, English Toffee Crunch, Gadzooks Blanc and Raspberry Truffle
The butterfat content in these frozen desserts is through the roof! It makes them the richest and creamiest ice cream I have ever had.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:22 PM   #397
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
This picture kills me. Ice cream is my favourite food EVER.

Reading Terminal is very similar to your Granville Island Public Market. (which was great to visit as was nearby City Cigar for my cuban fix)

I am also a huge fan of frozen custard. Its wonderfully rich, high egg content is to die for. Shake Shack in New York had some delicious frozen custard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ShakeShack.2.5x7.jpg (71.0 KB, 130 views)
Old 08-29-2013, 07:48 AM   #398
Surlysomething

keep talking...haha

I haven't had a big bowl of ice cream in so long

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
Reading Terminal is very similar to your Granville Island Public Market. (which was great to visit as was nearby City Cigar for my cuban fix)

I am also a huge fan of frozen custard. Its wonderfully rich, high egg content is to die for. Shake Shack in New York had some delicious frozen custard