Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 08-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
immobile1

immobile1 can now change their title
Default Gaining over 50 yrs old

Long time lurker, very rare poster here.

Is it harder to gain once you're older?

I thought as the metabolism, slowed the weight would be easier to put on, not harder.

Any other gainers over 50, even over 40, want to share?
immobile1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

I am over 50 and I think it is easier to gain and much harder to lose as you age. I started gaining weight in my mid-30s and slowly and surely grew heavier and heavier. I gained 125 lbs. over a 20 year periood and have leveled off between 290 and 300 for the past 5 years. I find it extremely difficult to loose any significant amount of weight beyond 10 lbs. or so; even with increased activity, so I have embraced being fat and enjoy eating whatever I want, whenever I want.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
pbgainer

pbgainer has said some nice things

I love this post. I'm only 47... but close enough. I gained 50 pounds two years ago--when I went through a pretty intense season of kicking dieting (which I had been religous about since my mid-twenties) out of my life. I went from 215, to 265... I have since settled back to around 255---and holding very steady. I eat what I like, when I like... some days I eat a lot of calories... other days less, but my body seems very set on 255ish. I found that unless I consistently/permanently up my calorie intake--255 is my "ceiling"... but I'm hapy to be free from dieting. I love to eat... and I'm woun't be surprised if I slowly creep upward in weight as time passes. I do love to exercise, and I try to eat lots of foods that are good for me -- along with all my snacks. I'm a total believer that we can be fat and fit and healthy! I enjoy my softness... and I welcome any increase in that department---but I'm also very serious about having a healthy, active body and a strong heart!

So, anyway... enjoying the journey! I wish you the best.
pbgainer is offline   Reply With Quote