Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 08-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
mikey787

mikey787 has said some nice things
Default Friends with Benefits?

Hi,

I'm not bothered about the film, its more about real life.

I've been propositioned with above arrangement and want to know does it really work? Or will it just come back to bite me on my big round shiny ass?!

What are your opinions/experiences? Any pitfalls I should take into account t?

Thanks

Mike
Old 08-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #2
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

FWB arrangements work as long as both parties understand and are satisfied with the limitations of such relationships. Its bad to fall in love with your fuck buddy.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #3
wjn319

wjn319 can now change their title

It's a precarious thing. It's been my experience that someone always gets their feelings hurt.
wjn319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Cutie77015

Cutie77015 can now change their title

I will admit that I am guilty of doing the friends with benefits thing. It worked out well because we both knew what we were getting into and neither of us wanted anything more with the other. I just say make sure you sit down and discuss what it is that you are both seeking from the relationship. Take time to talk to one another after a while to see if anyone happens to be getting caught up in emotions. It really just depends on the people involved. It could be something fun and exciting or it can end pretty bad.
Cutie77015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
Jim Miller

Jim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticedJim Miller never has a post go unnoticed

Social mores and a lifetime of conditioning seem to make it harder for people in their 40s and older, not counting the people who are truly hippies at heart. Younger people seem to have much less of an issue with it, provided that everyone is clear going into it what the terms of the relationship are.

I suspect that, once the old-world conservative sexual mores die out, it'll be a permanent part of the human sexuality landscape, as normal as romances that have a "forward arrow" of building toward a larger commitment.

As forgetting into it yourself, that's easy: Just ask yourself what you really want, and make sure you trust the other person to mean what they say.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It really depends on the person. It wouldn't work for me but I know lots of people for whom it does work. I like my sex to come with feelings. (not that there's anything wrong with those who don't and I expect in many ways their lives may be easier in that regard).
Old 08-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #7
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ive done the FWB thing before. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. It depends on the definition of FWB the two who are meeting are talking about.

I get into arrangements where my partner in it and I are actually friends and do hang out, but can ask the other for sex when the need is there without hopes of a real relationship/commitment. Some people just want the sex part and nothing else. That doesn't fly with me.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
BigCutiePenny

BigCutiePenny has said some nice things

I have a friends with benefits situation going on now with my girl friend. We model together and get each other off from time to time, but most of all we hang out and just click without the sex thing being the main factor. I think when the sex is the majority of what you guys have in common, it can get tricky.
BigCutiePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:41 AM   #9
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
FWB arrangements work as long as both parties understand and are satisfied with the limitations of such relationships. Its bad to fall in love with your fuck buddy.
This. It can work, but both parties have to be honest with themselves and "check-in" with their feelings regularly...if one of you starts falling for the other, you have to address that - usually by ending the WB bit of the friendship. Don't ever take a FWB situation as a compromise for a romantic relationship - you'll end up miserable.

I've had a few successful FWB in the past where there has been mutual trust, respect and attraction, but no romantic feeling or desire to enter into a relationship with the other person. It's a good way to get physical needs dealt with, haha!
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 AM   #10
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The only time I ever tried a FwB relationship my friend ended up falling for me, I tried to stop the benefits part and realised at that point that I had fallen in love with him to. And now we are a couple. So I guess I am just one of those few weirdos that had this happen? It certainly wasn't intentional. I think as long as you are clear and honest with each other FwB is perfectly fine.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
Smileykatz70

Smileykatz70 has said some nice things

I have done the FWB thing. It was hot amazingly fulfilling. Had a lot of fun for a while but then I developed a love. I had to stop because I wanted more and it could never be. So I ended up losing my best friend in the process. I am not so sure I could ever do it again.
Smileykatz70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #12
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I loved the FWB portion of my younger days. Back seat fornication can be fun if done right.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #13
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've done FWB qutie a bit when I was in college. It waas one of the wildest times of my life, but I'm glad I've moved on, I'm looking for a more stable relationship now rather than a one night stand. It was good in the college days, but you have to grow up eventually.
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 05:00 AM   #14
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think it can be done, if done properly. However I've seen too many of these things end with someone "catching feelings". It puts you in a bad spot.
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #15
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by toni View Post
I think it can be done, if done properly. However I've seen too many of these things end with someone "catching feelings". It puts you in a bad spot.
See that's the thing. For me, sex without feelings is sex not worth having, therefore no FWB arrangements for me. I've gone celibate for years at a time. Then again, I'm very old fashioned that way!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #16
superodalisque

superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.superodalisque has ascended what used to be the highest level.

IDK but i always thought putting FWB label on things was kinda limiting. after all if a person likes someone and are sexually attracted why have a stopping point? aren't relationships supposed to be about friendship and sexual attraction --or am i missing something? it's no wonder people find themselves "catching feelings" they're supposed to. it makes me wonder why the aversion to just living and taking the chance? does anyone else think people can want to rely on FWB because they are really interested and it's just a way to protect themselves if things somehow don't work out. relationships are going to hurt sometimes. sometimes we do just have to be vulnerable. sometimes things won't work out. sometimes they will. and sometimes we're just going to fall for someone when we think we aren't ready. that's just life.
Old 09-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superodalisque View Post
IDK but i always thought putting FWB label on things was kinda limiting. after all if a person likes someone and are sexually attracted why have a stopping point? aren't relationships supposed to be about friendship and sexual attraction --or am i missing something? it's no wonder people find themselves "catching feelings" they're supposed to. it makes me wonder why the aversion to just living and taking the chance? does anyone else think people can want to rely on FWB because they are really interested and it's just a way to protect themselves if things somehow don't work out. relationships are going to hurt sometimes. sometimes we do just have to be vulnerable. sometimes things won't work out. sometimes they will. and sometimes we're just going to fall for someone when we think we aren't ready. that's just life.
I get what you're saying, but I don't think labelling something FWB is limiting a relationship - it's a totally separate thing. I'm attracted to my FWB in a sexual way, but I don't want to be in a relationship with him, nor him me. I think it would be very foolish to use hide behind the FWB label, because you're never going to get what you want (if what you want is a relationship) and so you'll end up hurt anyway. In my experience, it's more common for people to settle for FWB, because they want a relationship but the other party doesn't, which is a high road to heartbreak IMO. I'm not sure people commonly use a FWB situation for protection, but perhaps they do.
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote