Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-25-2013, 08:51 AM   #1
MystiqueFantasy

MystiqueFantasy can now change their title
Default Chinese Food Lover

Im a Chinese food lover, and absolutely love Japanese. I love sushi but im extremely picky about what kinds. What is your favorite food
MystiqueFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Unfortunately, all the Chinese restaurants in town have gone buffet: limp, lukewarm, and barely edible. We used t have a truly wonderful Chinese place, and their outstanding dish was tofu with preserved egg. It's a cold dish, and I would order it all summer. It uses the so-called "thousand-year eggs": duck eggs covered with lime and buried underground in a pot for six months. The white becomes transparent and the yolk turns black as the egg develops a strong but pleasant taste that is perfectly complimented by the blandness of silken tofu.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There are a few Chinese places close to work that I've been weeding thru to see if I can discover a diamond in the rough. lots and lots of rough. (Any place that has a Mongolian grill is a diamond, imho.)
Old 07-25-2013, 11:53 PM   #4
SD007

SD007 does more than just post hot picsSD007 does more than just post hot picsSD007 does more than just post hot pics

Asian food is my favourite. I love Thai and Vietnamese!
Mediterranean is good too
SD007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 02:41 AM   #5
LifeTraveller
Sporadic Poster

LifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this boardLifeTraveller carries a lot of weight on this board

We're quite fortunate, there are any number of excellent Asian establishments. Korean, Thai, Japanese, and even one Vietnamese. .most are acceptable, but there are two excellent, one Chinese, and the other Thai. . decision, decisions. .
Old 07-26-2013, 11:08 PM   #6
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love a good Italian restaurant. Sadly, there are few around.

No, Olive Garden does not count as "good."
Old 07-27-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystiqueFantasy View Post
Im a Chinese food lover, and absolutely love Japanese. I love sushi but im extremely picky about what kinds. What is your favorite food
I looove Chinese food! glad there are some good places in my area that i know of. Haven't really tried Sushi though.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
CarlaSixx
Just Another Weirdo

CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!CarlaSixx keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love Japanese and Thai food. We have 3 authentic restos for it in my town, as well as one authentic Vietnamese resto. And I absolutely Looooove it. Amazing pho and rice wraps!

Our Chinese food places, unfortunately, are very lacking in authenticity.
CarlaSixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #9
Dromond
Old school

Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dromond has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromond View Post
I love a good Italian restaurant. Sadly, there are few around.

No, Olive Garden does not count as "good."
And this was off topic.

I do love Chinese food. Gimme that lo-mein.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:35 PM   #10
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Sushi, seaweed salad, marinated squid salad, green papaya salad, chicken lettuce wraps, tom yum soup, black pepper chicken, hot and sour soup, those salt & pepper shell-on shrimp I find on buffets, Korean ribs, most everything on a Dim Sum cart, chicken or beef pho, Thai curry dishes, "house special" soup and stirfries that have a bit of everythying in them, Vietnamese deli sandwiches, soft spring rolls, crispy spring rolls you eat with lettuce and herbs, Thai iced tea, green tea bubble tea, Vietnamese coffee, and all kinds of random yummy things I don't know the name of. I'll sometimes pick based on a photo on the wall or in the menu, and also tell the server what kind of dish I want (lots of vegetables, or a type of protein, spicy or not) and ask for their suggestion. I've never gone wrong that way.

Tracy
Old 08-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #11
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Tracy, I would KILL to have a dim sum place within 100 miles of where we live. The area is growing fast so we finally have some good chinese and a few japanese hibachi grill places. No thai but we have this strange little fried fish place that serves very good vietnamese pho...go figure
Old 09-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I used to love Chinese, but now I can (barely) eat it once a year...at most. Everything seems so processed and greasy. I do like more of the veggie dishes, and always a favorite are fried wontons!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote