Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 11-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
pbgainer

pbgainer has said some nice things
Default Breaking Plateaus--Suggestions?

People talk about "set points" and how they are the reason maintaining weightloss is so difficult.

We'll I seem to have run into the other side of things...I'm having a hard time getting past 263. I'm consumming 4,000 calories per day--and to be honest--that's about as many as I feel like I can pack in--without just feeling sick... and my weight just sort of stays at 260-263...

Any suggestions for high calories supplements or snacks? I hear of people doing 10,000+ calories a day and I just marval at that--I don't know how they do it?

My current goal is 300 by Chirstmas of 2014!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be really appreciated!

Thanks!
pbgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think if you keep at it, you'll start gaining again in due course.

Just to speculate, from what I've heard your body tends to fill up existing fat cells before increasing how many it has. Perhaps you maxed out, and your body needs to put some time and energy into increasing your count of fat cells?
Old 11-13-2013, 09:37 PM   #3
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've actually seen the following work and given this advice before on this board, I've since seen others repeat it. It's not healthy to gain weight like this, just so you know.

You need to trick your body into not burning all those calories. It sounds like it's a revved up calorie burning machine right now. Don't eat anything until at least 6 hours after you wake up and then make up for lost time by eating a lot the rest of the day. This forces your body to slow down it's metabolic rate. If your body needs more of a push you can fast for a day or two and then do the skipping breakfast/late lunch eating a ton between breakfast and lunch thing for a couple weeks. An even more drastic plan would be to go on a crash diet for 2 weeks losing weight and then bouncing back by eating a ton to sling past that plateau like a rubber band being pulled back and then released.

An alternative method that I've heard has worked for others but have not seen for myself is to alternate days of eating a ton and eating very little. It sounds like it could work but everybody's body is different.

Sleep deprivation is proven to help pack on pounds. You can have an effect by simply sleeping one less hour a night.

Diet soda while you're not eating will raise insulin levels making you hungrier to eat more when finally do. Hard candies (sugar is ok as long as you're sucking and not chewing) accomplish this insulin production effect too. B-vitamin complex supplements will give a bigger appetite. There's a vitamin water b-complex variety that works well. Periactin (name brand for cyproheptadine) is a proven weight gain aid. You can get it in liquid form (supposed to be for kids with poor appetite) on Amazon, but the tablets (available by prescription for you or for pets in the US but over the counter in other countries) work better.

If you remember that Zone diet fad the whole point was to keep your body in a zone where it didn't have too many carbs or too few carbs to burn. My plan tries to maximize your time spent outside of the "Zone" to maximize weight gain.

Last edited by Mack27; 11-13-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Mack27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #4
pbgainer

pbgainer has said some nice things

Thank you all very much---very helpful. Good news, I weighed in this monring (before breakfast/empty stomach) at 265--a two pound gain---so it looks like I just need to be patient and consistent---I just want to be at 300--like yesterday. I know I need to just chill and enjoy the journey.

I will incorperate some of your suggestions though---thank you!
pbgainer is offline   Reply With Quote