Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BBW Forum

Old 04-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #26
Oona

Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Oona has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Definitely not high maintenance, in my opinion. It seems that you just care about your appearance in the sense that you don't want to come across as uncaring, or slob-like.

So what if you have a small dog that wears pink? I have two big dogs that I put sweaters on when its cold out. *shrugs*

To me, high maintenance is more of requiring certain time for things (ie: hours for hair and makeup.. I mean HOURS), demanding things be a certain way, etc. I don't like beer either. So if that's high maintenance, then fuck it. I'm high maintenance.

But in general, no, I don't see myself as high maintenance. I'm a pretty easy going, go with the flow kind of girl.
Oona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
SSBBW Katerina
FillOutUrProfileFellas

SSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going onSSBBW Katerina knows EXACTLY what's going on

Uh oh, sounds like that scene in WHEN HARRY MET SALLY. No one has ever dared to tell me to my face that I can be "high maintenance". At times I know I can be, but I have a mellow yet coquettish way of getting it across. I don't go off unless really pushed.

I'm focused, I'm impatient [inherited from my dad], I push myself, I expect a lot from myself to the bset of my abilities and in turn I expect a lot from others; to do their level best. And why not? It should be that way for everyone. And if that's the case, then to some degree we're ALL high maintenance. My hubby, and others [strangers & those I'd known for a long time yet not seen in yrs] told me I was a cake walk. Now I wouldn't say my hubby was always biased, after all I worked for the man for a few yrs long before we ever dated. He was UBER high maintenance, but thats how his life/ business was. I hd to accommodate and adjust or get run over and not work for him. In that respect, for me, he just had the mental- emotional and testicular fortitude that others do not.

So if you have someone [male or female] whom is wishy-washy & can't handle the 'work load', you may have to bring in a second person that can meet your realistic needs/ goals and go further. Its a win-win.... win. lol.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:57 PM   #28
KittyKitten
Nerdysillysweetspicysaucy

KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!KittyKitten keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like to present my best face to the world. I don't go out looking sloppy and rough, no matter where I am going. And it doesn't cost much to look great. You don't have to spend a fortune to look high maintenance. I mostly love wearing dresses, but when I wear jeans and tennis shoes, I make sure I still look 'fly', makeup on point, hair laid. I've never been to a pedicure, I just use good old fashioned vaseline or vitamin E oil on my feet and paint my toenails, lol. I hate the taste of beer too, I prefer my girly drinks. I spend some of my time looking up blogs of vintage beauty and fashion, I love the elegance those women alluded.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #29
BBW MeganLynn44DD
Perfectly Round

BBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBBW MeganLynn44DD is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Smile

I know I am high maintenance.Will not even attempt to deny it.If I go to the bank on a Saturday,grocery shopping or just go outside to get the mail. it is in makeup,hair done and dressed nice.Do not have expensive tastes but just have to try and look good.
BBW MeganLynn44DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #30
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I don't know if I'd say I'm high maintenance...I just like to look good when I go out. It makes me feel good when I look good. But there are times when I will run to the store with no make-up or hair done. Is it so wrong to want to look pretty?
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #31
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think people are confusing it with high standards. I don't care how many shoes or action figures you own. As long as you are taking care of yourself you are not high maintenance. When I think high maintenance I think needy.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #32
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
Is it so wrong to want to look pretty?
Whilst the phrase 'high maintenance' has a negative connotation in society in general I don't think anybody here was trying to say it was a bad thing. Just like how the word fat has a negative connotation to a lot of people but is used as a neutral term around here. That is my take on it at least.

I also have no idea how you ladies have the time and energy for all that! I am kinda jealous that you do though! I am completely unbothered about such things, I brush my hair most of the time if I am leaving the house but that is generally all I can be bothered with!
loopytheone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #33
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyBBBW View Post
I think people are confusing it with high standards. I don't care how many shoes or action figures you own. As long as you are taking care of yourself you are not high maintenance. When I think high maintenance I think needy.
That was something that I was never clear on. When someone is described as 'high maintenance,' is that supposed to mean that they put a lot of time into their appearance, etc, or that they need a lot from their partner? Or is it one of those 'it varies on who is saying it and the context' things?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 AM   #34
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
I brush my hair most of the time if I am leaving the house but that is generally all I can be bothered with!
I am jealous that you are secure enough in your beauty to only need to brush your hair before leaving the house. I think, well I know...I am very insecure with the way I look which is why I am high maintenance, if that makes sense?
Old 11-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #35
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
I am jealous that you are secure enough in your beauty to only need to brush your hair before leaving the house. I think, well I know...I am very insecure with the way I look which is why I am high maintenance, if that makes sense?
Well thank you very much! I know a lot of the time people who prefer the whole makeup and styling look think that I must be insecure and be down on myself for not dressing up. But it is more a being comfortable in my own skin thing and I have always thought that people should do whatever makes them feel comfortable, you know?

Also, I don't think you have any reason to feel insecure, from what I can see from your picture you look pretty to me.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:53 PM   #36
penguin
Fnord

penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.penguin has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm too lazy to want to do fancy hair and makeup every day. Also, I'd be likely to sweat makeup off in the summer down here, which isn't a look I want to go for. I'm also really out of practice with doing my makeup. I should probably take lessons or watch a bunch of youtube videos, just to refresh my skills.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #37
AmyJo1976
Happy Holidays

AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!AmyJo1976 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I used to love getting all dressed up to go out when I was younger. I still do on accasion, but not very often. Most of the time it's sweats for everyday life and maybe a dress for work.
AmyJo1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #38
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post

Also, I don't think you have any reason to feel insecure, from what I can see from your picture you look pretty to me.
Awwww thank you! But...it took a lot of makeup and hairspray to look like that!
Old 11-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #39
bigmac

bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!bigmac keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Yes, that's my definition too. A high maintenance person is someone who demands an inordinate amount of attention or money or both.

Low maintenance on the other hand is someone who takes care of what needs to be taken care of without a lot of drama or unreasonable demands on others.
bigmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:03 AM   #40
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I don't care what I look like to go out to the store. I don't care what others think of my appearance. I do dress when I am going on a date or doing something "important" that day (doc appt, SOS office, etc.) because you do get treated a lot better when kept.

I'm definitely not high maintenance and have met many men that are. It's an instant turn-off. I like a modest man.
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:13 AM   #41
cheesylier

cheesylier does more than just post hot picscheesylier does more than just post hot picscheesylier does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
I definitely agree, I don't like to think I'm high maintenance at all but I do strive to push myself to look and feel at my best. I'm not too afraid to fight or love but I don't like to look frumpy.

As a side note, Hi Lilly!!! I miss your Xanga posts
cheesylier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:02 AM   #42
Lamia
Like OMG!!

Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lamia has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

To me high maintenance is someone who has to always have their way. Also, they will not settle for less than the best. They will disrupt the flow of fun in order to try to force something their way. Self-centered and vain.

I don't really think of looking pretty and wearing makeup as high maintenance.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:39 PM   #43
loopytheone
Administrator

Hmm, this is interesting. I love discussing what people think of when they say certain words and phrases, it is amazing how many different views there are on the same few words and it really helps clear up about 50% of arguments!

For me, somebody who is high maintenance is a person that requires a lot of time or a lot of resources in their preparations for everyday life. Like I said, not necessarily a bad thing in my eyes.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #44
Largent

Largent has said some nice things
Default High Maintenance isn't just about the "physical" person

Being described as "high maintenance" is really about the inner workings of the person's mental attitudes. The discussions here seem to have gone off on a tangent about the way people present or maintain their physical selves - but I describe a person as "high maintenance" when they require a lot of relationship-energy but don't respond meaningfully, recipricate or "get it" at all - the kind of person that is so difficult to be yourself with that you just tend to give up eventually.
Largent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #45
Donna
wait...what?

Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.Donna has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Physically I am definitely high maintenance. I am handicapped due to RA compounded by being supersized, so I sometimes require assistance. I don't like asking for it and strive to be as independent as possible but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

Appearance wise I am also high maintenance. I have standing bi-weekly mani/pedi/waxing appointments and monthly hair and facial appointments. I dress comfortably, but in general I will not leave the house looking sloppy. I don't get all bent out of shape if others are dressed sloppy (I have a friend who does, though and it amuses me for reasons I cannot explain,) but I do take care of my appearance and make sure I am what I believe to be "well put together."

Emotionally I like to think I am in the average maintenance. My husband describes me as low maintenance. While I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and take things too personally sometimes, I recognize that about myself and try not to let it effect my behavior towards others. I'm not needy or clingy emotionally and often most of those close to me do not know when they have hurt my feelings. I haven't always been this way...when I was younger I was very needy emotionally and oftentimes extremely demanding.
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #46
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
Yes, that's my definition too. A high maintenance person is someone who demands an inordinate amount of attention or money or both.

Low maintenance on the other hand is someone who takes care of what needs to be taken care of without a lot of drama or unreasonable demands on others.
That's pretty much what I have always taken it to mean...and I do think it's a term that was created by men to describe some women...and I wonder if it started out as an automotive term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
To me high maintenance is someone who has to always have their way. Also, they will not settle for less than the best. They will disrupt the flow of fun in order to try to force something their way. Self-centered and vain.

I don't really think of looking pretty and wearing makeup as high maintenance.
I can agree with this ideal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largent View Post
Being described as "high maintenance" is really about the inner workings of the person's mental attitudes. The discussions here seem to have gone off on a tangent about the way people present or maintain their physical selves - but I describe a person as "high maintenance" when they require a lot of relationship-energy but don't respond meaningfully, recipricate or "get it" at all - the kind of person that is so difficult to be yourself with that you just tend to give up eventually.
Sounds like this all goes back to the aforementioned "needy"

The OP doesn't sound needy or "high maintenance" to me. Dress how you want that makes you feel good- isn't it fun being a girl?

I wear make up everyday unless I don't feel good and don't leave my house - which is rare.

I wear dresses and skirts to work or otherwise- not owning many trousers.

I drink beer- but I'm kind of "prissy" or "girly" about it as in I won't drink lagers - only preferring golden, light American made beers. My 21 year old daughter seems to like what I think of as "harsh" beer.

I can out-curse most sailors- in my dress and sweet little flat shoes.

I can be opinionated, chortle loudly in public and generally pop a mostly not give a shit attitude in public if something/someone annoys me.

I've been called funny, strong, crazy, wild, bitch and cunt....but never high maintenance or needy.

The few "high maintenance" men I have known in my life tend to be single...the women tend to always have a man. Go figure *shrugs*

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #47
prplecat

prplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot picsprplecat does more than just post hot pics

Let's see...I'm showered, teeth brushed, hair combed, underclothes/t-shirt/jeans/socks/shoes...yeah, I'm good to go.
prplecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:30 PM   #48
BigCutieAspen

BigCutieAspen can now change their title

im somewhat high maintenance :$ but i enjoy taking the time doing my hair,make up and nails. its like my version of relaxing!
BigCutieAspen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:23 PM   #49
sarahreign
Queen of Fat Rolls

sarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized repsarahreign has super-sized rep

I don't think that you are high maintenance. That term to me means that you have your man buy you everything and are more of a "gimmie Gimmie" type of girl and in order to be in a relationship with you, you require $$$$. That's what it means to me. I think every girl likes to look nice and it doesn't mean that is H.M.
Now about myself nope, I'm far from high maint. Give me me a gun and lets go hunting. Let's go fishing. I will buy cheap crap because it's 90% of the time the same as the expensive name brand. I don't require your wallet do be with anybody (unless we are in that sort of lifestyle/relationship because I like a bunch of different things) but in general I'm far from H.M. If a guy LIKES a high maint girl then I sure as hell can be one. I'm about mutual feelings mostly to keep us both happy!
sarahreign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:45 PM   #50
ssbbwstormy

ssbbwstormy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesssbbwstormy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

you dont sound spoiled! i guess im a little high maintenance myself i love it when the person im with is up to pay for my fast food or new clothes!
ssbbwstormy is offline   Reply With Quote