Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #1
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Gaining on a budget

Can anyone recommend some tasty, inexpensive, high calorie foods? I'm looking for things I can buy or make that are convenient. Bonus if it's also somewhat nutritious!

My gall bladder has been removed so I have to go easy on fatty/fried and spicy foods, and the bf and I shouldn't have too much milk either.

Any ideas?
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #2
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Pasta Pasta Pasta. Its always cheap, and has many many forms. I think half my supply is thin spaghetti. You can find generic sauce mixes and those 8 oz tomato sauce cans can be found as cheap as 25c (but don't forget to splurge on occasion for a bottle of vodka sauce)

Research and find a good pizza dough recipe. (dough fixins are cheap and available in bulk) Pizza is the world's most perfect gainer food. You don't even need a meat topping, or red sauce.
Old 11-18-2013, 02:48 AM   #3
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

I do consume quite a bit of pasta, but you're right, there are many things you can do with it. I've been toying with the idea of pizza for a while but have never made one from scratch before. Pizza has always been a favorite stuffing food of mine. Thanks for the ideas!
Old 11-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tortillas (flour,corn) also.. Since you can practically wrap anything, if its bready carbs you want. Quesdillas, breakfast burritos, flautas, taquitas, etc.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
hots_towel

hots_towel has said some nice things

well idk about cheap, but protein shakes are supposed to do the trick. they dont really affect your health in terms of things not related to weight because they sell them at nutrition stores (if that makes any sense). they can run kinda high though, but I imagine if you buy the meal replacement ones, it would save you money in that you arent buying so much other food (though i imagine your diet would get boring).

ugh, maybe i wasnt the best person to chime in on this

On a different note its great to see you back! If i recall you were one of the first BBW's i actively followed way back in the days of youtube modeling. looking forward to more of your stuff!
hots_towel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 02:09 PM   #6
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Tortillas (flour,corn) also.. Since you can practically wrap anything, if its bready carbs you want. Quesdillas, breakfast burritos, flautas, taquitas, etc.
Ooh yes, great idea! I just picked some up actually. Time to get creative!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hots_towel View Post
well idk about cheap, but protein shakes are supposed to do the trick. they dont really affect your health in terms of things not related to weight because they sell them at nutrition stores (if that makes any sense). they can run kinda high though, but I imagine if you buy the meal replacement ones, it would save you money in that you arent buying so much other food (though i imagine your diet would get boring).

ugh, maybe i wasnt the best person to chime in on this

On a different note its great to see you back! If i recall you were one of the first BBW's i actively followed way back in the days of youtube modeling. looking forward to more of your stuff!
I drink those carnation instant breakfast shakes as a quick meal once in a while, but I had to basically survive off of them for two weeks before my gall bladder surgery a few years ago so I'm not a huge fan haha.

Yeah, I think there are still some old vids of me on youtube somewhere still haha. Thanks, I'm working on making a come-back! Subscribe to my blog if you want to keep updated, the link is in my sig.
Old 11-18-2013, 05:33 PM   #7
hots_towel

hots_towel has said some nice things

yup! i just had a peek. looking forward to this comeback haha. damn, hard to think that was already like 6-7 years ago. do you have an email we can contact you by? didnt see one on your log (unless youre keeping it private).
hots_towel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:44 PM   #8
Aurora
Kushy Curves

I do! ifcurvescouldkill @ gmail.com

kushycurves @ gmail.com also forwards there.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #9
Mack27
AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Mack27 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

My girlfriend had her gall bladder removed too, we tried Ox Bile supplements and they seemed to help with fatty foods. She hasn't had to use them for some time now though, I guess her system adapted.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Carbs are obviously the cheapest and easiest way to pack in calories....but of course you don't want to abuse your body too bad with blood sugar spikes. Which means you should probably go for higher levels of fibre with your carbs, and not massive amounts at once. Which really puts a lot of constraints on.

The challenge is that I don't think you can easily get more calories per dollar in terms of easy calorie loading than Pop-Tarts (a box of 8 costs $2.99 or less around here, and has 1600 calories), but they are of course a massive sugar bomb, so downing a box of those each morning is probably not advisable. Flip side is that whole wheat toast with a bit of butter and a bit of jam will have more calories per slice than a pop tart, but while eating eight pop tarts is not that hard (if the sweet doesn't get to you) eating the same calories in whole wheat toast (perhaps five slices, given butter and jam) will fill you up more, for longer.

But in general, whole wheat bread, brown rice, potatoes with the skins on....all with some fat added in one way or another, are all cheap, comparatively healthy, ways to pack in a lot of calories. Just...not nearly as easy or fun as the cheap junk food
Old 11-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
Aurora
Kushy Curves

I'm all about variety.

Whatever I'm doing seems to be working if I'm to believe the scale, haha! Thanks for the tips.