Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 11-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
LeoGibson
Slangin'

LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.LeoGibson has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default If You Could Do Anything

So, I'm sitting here drinking good whiskey and listening to Sinatra and ruminating about life, and I came up with this thought. What would I do with my life if I could wiggle my nose or wave a magic wand or whatever. The premise is just as I stated in the title, but what I'm wondering is, "What would you do with your life if you could do anything?" What career or lack thereof or really, anything goes.

I'll kick it off by saying if I could do it all over again, I'd try and make my living as a touring musician. Travelling around the world playing music and singing and meeting people would be totally awesome I think. But then again I was born with a travelling Jones, so it fits for me. I'm not talking about being a huge star, just a gigging musician that can support himself and travel the world.

Anyways, that's my private daydream for if I could do anything. What's yours?
Old 11-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default ^I guess you're saying, like, if money were no object...

And without dealing with any kind of family-ties. I would teach English as a second language. In various far-flung corners of the world. Study independently as necessary in order to teach myself skills suitable for a meaningful contribution in international-NGO type of work.

I would also chase opportunities to learn ancient techniques...of preparing whole foods. Like cheeses. And various types of artisan breads. And the bounty of the seas.

From my point view, unencumbered travel and casual interaction (sans a commodity type of exchange) with a diverse range of regular folks is one of the highest forms of luxury. You tend to meet the most amazing people and have the most interesting experiences that way, amirite?
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:20 PM   #3
tankyguy

tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!tankyguy has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't want that much.

A quiet life with a special someone who loves me for me. Enough money for a couple, or maybe a small family, to live comfortably and travel occasionally. To be able to work on my art, have friends, and find love without my emotional struggles getting in the way. Being healthy enough to enjoy the above.

Nothing that requires an extravagant amount of money. Just a change of fortune and maybe improved self-confidence.
tankyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #4
Lil BigginZ
just a NORML guy

Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Lil BigginZ has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would create some kind of teleporting device. Every damn time I meet someone that's the cat's meow, they're always half way around the world.

If you're looking for more of a realistic scenario. I would've went to college for programming and got into the video game field. It makes the most sense since I love video games. So why not create them?
Old 11-30-2013, 08:58 PM   #5
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'd be living somewhere that's warm year round, beautiful beach, blue water. Shack, cottage, whatever, and enough money for good vodka, fat olives, and books.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #6
archivaltype
shake n bake

archivaltype has super-sized reparchivaltype has super-sized reparchivaltype has super-sized reparchivaltype has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
I'd be living somewhere that's warm year round, beautiful beach, blue water. Shack, cottage, whatever, and enough money for good vodka, fat olives, and books.
Pretty much this, aside from the olives. All I want is tumblr and pizza and the beach and my life would be complete.

:confused:
archivaltype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:37 PM   #7
Mckee

Mckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized rep

I will going back when I faced a crossroads in my life: choosing between two completely different careers.
Years ago I got an offer to become a film editor, but I refused. I would very much like to know how my life might have been.
Old 12-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #8
Goreki
Fairy tales and Woe

Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Goreki has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ascend to Goddesshood. Revel in wonders and perform miracles. Nothing big.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:13 AM   #9
Dex

Dex can now change their title

I would love a small garage/workshop back in the UK, away from the town, tinker with old cars, go for drives in the countryside, have a small cozy cottage with a big cozy wife who loves to cook, eat and grow.
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:20 AM   #10
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I'm actually in a place where I can still do anything with my life because it's just started. Right now everything goes exactly as Ive dreamed ( the secret!) and I hope it will stay that way. I wanna open my own restaurant, live in Poland most of the year, have a penthouse at Upper East Side for summer and some other occasions and travel the world. Achievable. As for career, Im not sure if civil engineering is the right decision, I might switch studies. I would love to do something creative, but CE is kinda scary. Maybe I will go to ETI lol
Old 12-01-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

travel around the world, with my dog, a chef, a personal trainer,a top of the line motor home w/wifi/satelite, a motorcycle when the need arises, a lover if I want one that day..with freedom from economic worry & PEACE
Old 12-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #12
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

If I could do anything then I would be an absolute badass on the cello and I'd be in a crazy band that mostly dealt in industrial music but with crazy strings. I wouldn't want fame, just to make enough money to live and to have made a few people enjoy some music.
spookytwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:35 PM   #13
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would have taken the job I was offered in Florida. Sure it was cash in hand and I would have been an illegal immigrant, but at least I would be able to say I tried. Still I cant complain.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #14
Melian
Ultimate Chimera

Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.Melian has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Near-complete annihilation of the human race.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:53 AM   #15
Esther
Queen Black Acid

Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esther has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If I could do it over again I would have switched my major and my minor in University so I would have mainly studied fine arts instead of English... I really regret not giving myself the chance to do what I love most.
Esther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #16
reuben6380
The Scenaturdist

reuben6380 has super-sized repreuben6380 has super-sized repreuben6380 has super-sized repreuben6380 has super-sized repreuben6380 has super-sized rep

I'd fight William Shatner
Old 12-06-2013, 01:21 AM   #17
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben6380 View Post
I'd fight William Shatner
Wow, ok yeah I think I'm changing mine now.
spookytwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #18
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

I wouldn't have gotten married. I mean, I would have done everything else the same -- gone to England, lived life pretty much the way we did -- just without the unnecessary church-pressurised nuptials.

In addition, I would also have liked to start questioning christianity a lot earlier, and consequently, becoming emancipated in many ways a lot sooner too.

But aside from those things (which are already biggies) doing much else differently is too unimaginable for me right now at 3 in the morning
Old 12-12-2013, 01:48 AM   #19
blackcaesarbhm

blackcaesarbhm can now change their title

I'd love have the power help the poor..
blackcaesarbhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #20
lovelocs
Nunc est Bibendum

lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lovelocs has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I would get that damn novel written, and the next one, and the next one.

And I would spend my free time keeping my house and yard immaculate.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:22 AM   #21
Sasquatch!
A wild loser appeared!

Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sasquatch! has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcaesarbhm View Post
I'd love have the power help the poor..
You do.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #22
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

... as of right now just to be able to go back five minutes and not stub my big toe would be awesome. Owee owchee ooo.
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote