Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #26
The Orange Mage
♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓

The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!The Orange Mage keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
I've gone through this too. I still do to some degree.

I'm super-thin and I have this happen, though it's not a thinner person I expect to see, of course. =\
The Orange Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:51 PM   #27
spiritangel
AmandaClause

spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!spiritangel keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am fighting the urge to be flip and say because I can

sometimes it is a whim, sometimes I genuinely like the picture and when I first found dimms it was a revelation that people would enjoy any of my pics

I go through phases of wanting to post new pics and not wanting to but it also depends on what has been happening and how much time I have or if I am in a playful mood

I think the phrase if youve got it flaunt it seems to fit dims well and I also love seeing everyones pics and drooling over pretty and sexy clothes and lingerie and the like as well

it is a way to celebrate who I am, (oh god that sounds so up myself)

I usually post pics because I want to it isnt always about the attention and compliments (they are nice though and sometimes a nice boost on a down day)

erm and on saying all this I realise I have not posted a new pic in quite some time .....................
Old 05-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #28
Latte

Latte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLatte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesLatte can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I don't post revealing photos because I'm not comfortable having all that on the internet, you know in case I want to be President or something. I work in a very conservative environment.

Also, and this is just my personal issue - I developed really early and I've always had an EXTREMELY feminine and womanly appearance. It was particularly bad when I was a teen because I looked much older and was often propositioned by older men. Now, I think part of my reluctance to "show off" my body comes from that. I don't want to be seen as (I'm really uncomfortable with the idea of being seen as) a sex object by anyone except the person I'm sexing.
Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:40 PM   #29
biglynch

biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!biglynch has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

its quite nice just to say hey look at me, and get a positive response. it makes days easyer. thats got to be a good thing!
biglynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 PM   #30
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

I like feeling appreciated. It's is very rare that I get a compliment like the ones I get on here in the world of crappy UK. FA's are a commodity and therefore if you're a larger woman you're basically seen as ugly and disgusting and that gives everyone the right to hurl abuse at you.

So I come here, I've come out of my shell, and I post some piccies of myself and I get lovely compliments from you people that always makes my day better.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #31
milfy
Eat Me....

milfy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmilfy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesmilfy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

For me and probably a lot of women (and men) who post pictures - it can be very liberating and a HUGE confidence booster to know that there actually are people who do not conform to the everyday media view on what is beautiful and acceptable.

In everyday life, i do not wear low cut tops, skirts or revealing clothing - i cover up - even my arms - i always wear long sleeves or a cardigan to cover my bingo wings!

Coming to sites like this and posting photos makes me smile - to realise you are actually more than "ok" and actually quite attractive.

I used to know a photographer - he took the majority of the photos that i have posted so far, mainly because i think i look my best in them and have receive lovely comments from them in the past and i am proud of them because he has captured me looking, what i consider, my best.

......plus im a bit of a show off
Old 05-30-2011, 09:02 AM   #32
chick~e

chick~e has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann0413 View Post
For me, it's the opposite. I kinda have low self-esteem, so I don't really find myself attractive and whenever I take a picture of myself, I tend to hurry up and delete it. Some I save if I think it looks halfway decent. That's where most of the pictures on here come from.
This is totally me right now, I really wish it wasn't, but it is. I just haven't had many admirers & so my thoughts when some one says they find a part of me attractive (particularly 1 that I may find to be more offensive then attractive) , I wonder what they want from me. f'd up, I know, but that is how I feel.
chick~e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #33
edvis

edvis can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesedvis can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default selfie

no complaints from me, I like seeing you
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelylady78 View Post
Well, a few things:

I had taken somewhat revealing pictures of myself for significant others before joining Dimensions and had gotten pretty good at playing around with camera angles and, honestly, I really just enjoyed messing around with a camera and taking what I observed to be attractive pictures of myself. Maybe that makes me conceited and/or egotistical...but I just think it's fun.

I think it also has a lot to do with the way you feel about your body as larger person. Speaking for me, I grew up a fat kid with fat parents...specifically a fat mother who did not like her body and made no secret of the fact that she disliked the way she looked. Well, everyone always told she and I as I grew up (and out) that I looked just like her. She did everything she could to discourage me from wearing tank tops or short-sleeved shirts that showed my arms or shorts or skirts...parts of herself she hated and so parts of me she wished to cover up. I've never HATED my body like I felt and feel that my mother hated/s hers. But I also was never in a position where I felt comfortable enough to display how much I liked my body either. Anyone who's grown up fat has been teased and knows what it feels like to be critisized for the way you look even by people you don't even know. Granted, I wear skirts now and the occasional tank top...but it's just plain old NICE to be able to show you're not ashamed of your body in an environment where you're not going to have to deal with fat hatred and disgust. And it's doubly nice to know that not only do you like it, but there are other people who like it as well-- and who are attracted to it. It's an affirmation of your physical beauty and attactiveness that hasn't always been present in the life of a fat person.

So, bottom line honesty: I think I'm attracitve...I think my BODY is attractive. It's fun to take pictures. And I like the attention.

It's a new thing for me-- showing off so much. But it's very liberating.

And maybe part of it is that I'm getting to have that rebellious, free stage with my body that most people get to have younger and in real life. Regardless, I think I'm more attractive at this point in my life-- and not just for physical reasons-- than I've ever been. And I don't find it demeaning to myself to post such pictures, although there was a point where a large number of my posts were pictures, and I worried I wasn't being taken seriously as a person, but I think it's about keeping a balance. And I think I've accomplished that now.

Plus I'm single, and they've kick-started a lot of conversations.
edvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #34
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Woah, necropost.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 11:41 PM   #35
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
Woah, necropost.
Seriously! 2 1/2 years? It would have been on page 7 of the Fat Sexuality section before it got bumped, based on the previous last post date.

Have we peaked and not realized it?
Was this board's creative high point back in mid-2011?
Can it be that nothing at all we've posted since then measures up to that shining Golden Age?

Food for thought...
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote