Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
GettingHeavierFL

GettingHeavierFL has said some nice things
Talking So thrilled right now!

I just went clothes shopping and found out my waist size has gone from 40 to 44.

I was expecting it to be 42, but didn't think it was 44!

That means I am officially out of the "normal" section of the stores and have to look in the "Big" section now!

I am so absolutely happy right now!!

While I was looking the big section, I noticed the store I was at goes up to Size 56 -- what a rush that will be when I'm looking over there some day!

GettingHeavierFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

I can relate. I felt the same way as I got heavier. I remember looking at the sizing chart at a Big and Tall Men's store when I was 1 XL and thinking what it would be like when I got to 3 XL or more. Well I am now there at 305 lbs. and wearing a size 54 pant and 56 jacket. I never thought I would enjoy getting fat, but I do and I find it is a turn-on as well.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:14 AM   #3
Dex

Dex can now change their title

Pant sizes seem a little weird here. I measure 48 inches (standing) around the waist yet I wear an off the peg 42 pant and they fit around me fine....I even need a belt to keep them up! Anyone else notice this?
Dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
BigFA

BigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot picsBigFA does more than just post hot pics

Same with me. I measure 60" around the fullest part of my waist but comfortably wear a size 54 pant. So your experience is not unusual.
BigFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:28 AM   #5
nathan475

nathan475 has said some nice things
Default sure have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
Pant sizes seem a little weird here. I measure 48 inches (standing) around the waist yet I wear an off the peg 42 pant and they fit around me fine....I even need a belt to keep them up! Anyone else notice this?
I've noticed this as well and it changes from brand to brand and style to style. My waist measures 46 inches and I can still fit into my size 38 waist jeans. Size 40 is much more comfortable though. Companies are into vanity sizing these days. If our clothes were really the size on the tag none of us would fit into them, lol.
nathan475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:45 PM   #6
Buttonboy

Buttonboy can now change their title

I hear you guys. It was such a great day when I realized that I had to shop at the big man store. I am a 44 waist in my slacks and those are very snug on me. With a belt they feel like they keep my big belly in line. My button down shirts are a little bigger on me and I look massive in them.
Buttonboy is offline   Reply With Quote