Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > BHM/FFA

Old 02-03-2014, 03:37 AM   #1
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default R.I.P. Philip Seymour Hoffman

Very sad news yesterday for all of us who love excellent BHM acting - Philip Seymour Hoffman died of what was presumably an overdose at age just 46.

Apart from the fact that the silver screen has lost one of its most talented actors - it does set me wondering why it seems that the most gifted (male) screen stars of size seem to be even more prone to self-destructive behavior than already common in show business.

R.I.P. PSH - we will miss your awe inspiring ability to portay the depths of human nature.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:43 AM   #2
Mckee

Mckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized repMckee has super-sized rep

Well said, Agouderia…soo sad...

I always like this PHS quote:

"A lot of people describe me as chubby, which seems so easy, so first-choice. Or stocky. Fair-skinned. Tow-headed. There are so many other choices. How about dense? I mean, I'm a thick kind of guy. But I'm never described in attractive ways. I'm waiting for somebody to say I'm at least cute. But nobody has."
Old 02-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #3
Saoirse

Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!Saoirse keeps pushing the rep limit!

Needle stuck in his arm. Terrible. Drug addiction is so sad.
Saoirse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #4
Yakatori
Hard to say, really...

Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!Yakatori keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default indeed, a platitude wrapped around cliche inside an enigma....for a slogan!

a brilliant ac-tor!...
Yakatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #5
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!

He was actually clean & sober for decades til he had surgery a year or so ago...and started relapsing on pain meds......FUCKING HEROIN SUX
Old 02-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #6
Cobra Verde
Lupus Dei

Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cobra Verde has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Lightbulb

Jesus I didn't even know he had a drug problem, he didn't seem the type (whatever that means). It's strange, for some reason the scene from Before the Devil Knows You're Dead where he robs and kills his heroin dealer popped into my head recently.

It sees shallow to talk about his career now, but I only knew him as an actor and we've lost decades of great performances. Not years, decades.

Pig fuck!
Old 02-04-2014, 01:16 AM   #7
spookytwigg
Have an A-1 day

spookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging inspookytwigg makes people happy simply by logging in

A terrible loss to acting, he really was beyond brilliant in most of his roles.

Feel really sorry for the kids to, he was a late starter and the oldest is only 11.
spookytwigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:06 AM   #8
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

"That's because we're uncool. And while women will always be a problem for us, most of the great art in the world is about that very same problem. Good-looking people don't have any spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

RIP, you were one of the greats.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 PM   #9
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

'I didn't go out looking for negative characters; I went out looking for people who have a struggle and a fight to tackle. That's what interests me.'

He could and did relate.

I've read so much negativity and condemnation about his death. I'd rather celebrate his life and accomplishments. I believed he could play any part, and he wasn't afraid of the tough or complex ones.

He was my favorite actor.

I lost a brother to an OD. He was brilliant too and that and this breaks my heart.

R.I.P. Philip Seymour Hoffman. You will be missed and remembered.

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote